Hi and welcome to my project I have owned my starlet for just over a year so thought its about time I make a build thread. I bought my GT pretty much standard, ive had a few set ups on the car, ct9 at 1 bar with supporting mods etc making 197bhp then got the power bug and went fully forged and bought kkk series turbo kit. after that i done a couple of track days and realised power isn't the be all and end all. so ive changed back to a ct9 hybrid kit this time and going to concentrate on the handling of the car.

car as I bought it other than the wheels.

IMG_0181-1.jpg

getting the fuelling set up on the dyno with the ct9 at 1 bar.

starletonthedyno.jpg

purchased a fully forged engine from stavros (nick) which was built by morph (mark)

forgedlump.jpg

cant thank my mate enough hes helped me to pretty much put the car together.

pandaforged.jpg

1st track day at lyden hill.

1sttrackday-1.jpg

IMG_0879.jpg

IMG_0771.jpg

IMG_0769.jpg

2nd track day was at snetterton but couldn't get any track pics as it was only me and my misses that went.

IMG_1400.jpg

And a local meet me and my mate went to, he got a pretty cool photo on the way home.

IMG_1327-1.jpg

spec list as it stands

Engine

fully forged

75mm Wiseco low comp pistons

75mm Wiseco piston rings

Wiseco rod's

Athena 1.4mm MLS head gasket

speedvison hybrid ct9 turbo

mild steel manifold and downpipe

air filter relocation kit

j performance fmic

rsr exhaust

custom catch can + lines

hks ssqv bov

triple core rad + fan

Chassis

Oem front strut brace

Oem rear strut brace

engine/gear box poly mounts

Meister r coil overs

Rota slipstreams

Bridgestone

Electronics

Blitz access ecu

Depo oil temp and pressure gauges

Gizmo boost controller

Interior

cobra Daytona seats

omp deep dish style steering wheel

indigo dials

stripped

Edited by jordan jt
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice GT mate :)

I'm interested to hear more about these track days, how much on average does it cost, do you take spare tyres with you, is there space to keep your tools/spare tyres while you're on the track, do they have petrol pumps, etc...?

Nice GT mate :)

I'm interested to hear more about these track days, how much on average does it cost, do you take spare tyres with you, is there space to keep your tools/spare tyres while you're on the track, do they have petrol pumps, etc...?

Doesn't cost a lot mate the two I've done cost around £20 for 20mins. As for tyres and fuel ive had the same tyres for about a year done two track days also been pod twice no need for spares. Fuel I just fill the car right up and that's been enough to get to the event as well as being on track. Tools I just bring a socket set that I keep in the car just in case.

Thanks for the kind words guys.

So you just book in advance, turn up on the day, have your fun round the track and go home, no need for anything extra?

Do you change anything on the car before going out on track? How many times can you go on the track in a day? All tracks are at least an hour or two away from me so I'd want a good hour or two of track time (I know it's in 20 minute sessions so would want at least 2-3 maybe 4 sessions lol).

So you just book in advance, turn up on the day, have your fun round the track and go home, no need for anything extra?

Do you change anything on the car before going out on track? How many times can you go on the track in a day? All tracks are at least an hour or two away from me so I'd want a good hour or two of track time (I know it's in 20 minute sessions so would want at least 2-3 maybe 4 sessions lol).

The ones i have done i just tern t up but you can certainly book in advance, i only adjust the dampening on my coil overs to get them a bit stiffer for the track. i guess you could go round as much as you want depends how deep your wallet is mate.

nice, i used to have them alloys on my old glanza, they are so light!

Cheers mate, Yh they are pretty light, fancy a change though, would like some Rota's ideally.

Just checked your build thread mate, your shell was my mate sam's old gt, good to see its Gone to a great home at getting some tlc, Can't wait to see it finished.

Cheers mate, Yh they are pretty light, fancy a change though, would like some Rota's ideally.

Just checked your build thread mate, your shell was my mate sam's old gt, good to see its Gone to a great home at getting some tlc, Can't wait to see it finished.

haha small world yeah sams, sound. Yeah its getting there slowly, loads still to do, just wanna get on track with it upset some bigger boys haha :p

Nice Gt mate saw this when you came up for the bonnet of me very tidy.. if your lookin new wheels im selling my rots got some r888,s on ther for your track days ;)

Cheers matey, hope yours is all going well still. I did see your thread, would make a good set of track wheels. Got my heart set on a set of slipstreams though.