hi guys after recently selling my eg SiR i was on the lookout for a new car i wanted to go down the ep3 route as they looked smart engines are bullet proof and there kinda new and i wouldnt have too do anything to it other than wheels exhaust and lower it.

but my dream civic i always wanted from day one was a Ef9 as they were hard too come by years ago when i first wanted one so i bought an eg esi instead and from then i just stayed with eg's vti's SiR's etc etc.

but after i sold my SiR B20 recently i found an Ef9 SiR on the internet and i new instantly i wanted it as long as it had no rust!!! but the problem was it was in scotland DOH!! so after ringing the lad up he assured me it was mint and sent me dozens of close up photos of the arches etc etc too show there was no rust. so i sent him a deposit and said i'll be up in a weeks time and he was kool with that i just didnt want it to be a waisted journey to turn up and and see big dents scratches rust but the lad was very honest in fact he stated everything that was wrong with it not a very good salesmen lol. but the the things were minor like a little scratch on the wing lacquer peel on the roof,and abit of fading on the front bumper.

so after abit of persuading my cousin decided he would take me so after 7hrs we finally arrived in angus!! saw the car instantly wanted it checked it all over went for a test drive had a long chat handed over the cash and started the long journey home!

my cousin wanted too take some shots on the sea front so we did.

Spec:

B16A SiR Engine

Race Clutch Unsure Of Make

4 -2-1 Manifold [Rs*]

Straight Thru Decat System

Ngk Leads

Apexi Induction Kit

Long Arm Intake

Front Strut Brace

Rear Strut Brace

Sprint Heart Rims

Parada Spec 2 Tyres all Round

Meister R Coilovers

Short Shifter

Powerflex Shifter Bushings

Energy Rear Suspension Bushes

Nardi Signature Series Wheel

Front Tilt Bracket

just serviced it fresh oil,fuel filter,plugs,oil filter,oil flushed,water flushed also just got to underseal again soon also got too silicone rear lights as they have water in and silicone above the lights as it has water getting into the boot which is annoying heres some pictures of my progress!!!!

when i first got it in scotland!

IMG_3073-1.jpg

IMG_3262-2.jpg

IMG_3258-1.jpg

IMG_3264-1.jpg

Clean::

IMG_3172.jpg

IMG_3170.jpg

IMG_3168.jpg

IMG_3167.jpg

IMG_3115.jpg

IMG_3113.jpg

IMG_3111.jpg

IMG_3109.jpg

1st problem i came across which i knew would be a problem is trying too fit my twinpot calipers i need spacers but big ones so think i got too sell them now as im not changing my wheels

its only because of the dish on the wheels its a shame as i really wanted too use the calipers i could use a spacers and shave them a little but its a ball ache

IMG_3248.jpg

next problem was my windscreen wipers stopped working so today i stripped the plastic off and tried too source the problem i found out that the arm had come off as the plastic ball clip on the back are crap so i managed too get them back on but its just how long it will last unless i can find some new clips plus sometimes they dont come all the way down and sometimes they do which is a mystery but i did notice the splines do look abit worn so maybe i need new ones!!

IMG_3254.jpg

IMG_3255-1.jpg

Things To Do:

underseal car again

re-paint the wheels

sort out leak in boot

fix rear lights

paint front bumper,spoiler & roof

clean up engine bay

get new solenoid gasket as its leaking

get new brake discs & pads

fit 1 inch m/s

Next..

Well a pretty shit day tbf first of all i got up at half 6 this morning ready to travel too bristol to fetch some winter wheels i went to the garage too fill up and put water in my jets.

i put £1 in the machine fill up with water but the screen wash wasnt coming out then i released theres a tap on the side u press stupid because i didnt have a bottle too put it in what a stupid design!!!!!

then going down the motorway my windscreen wiper goes too far across comes off the windscreen and hangs on near my drivers side mirror so i pulled over to push it back down and realised the arm had come off yet again!!!!!

so i was pissed off before id even got there as its scratched all my pillar and took some paint off!!!!

so finally got there to meet alex [i hate speed bumps] nice lad and the wheels were ok needed a refurb and paint but i new this all the tyres were good but the profile on the back tyres were 205 55 15 and the front 2 were 195 55 15 i thought this may be a problem which i later realised when i got home!!!!

then when i got home my manifold started blowing even more than before and now sounds like a tractor!!! so i got out too check it and when i revved it i could see the bolts from the down pipe too manifold were moving and i found out a nut was missing and the other 2 bolts were not even hand tight they were nearly hanging off!!!

so that put me in a mood then fitted the wheels and yep i was right the car wouldnt move as the tyres were rubbing the arches so all in all a great day!!!

IMG_3399.jpg

IMG_3397.jpg

IMG_3425.jpg

IMG_3427.jpg

IMG_3419.jpg

IMG_3409.jpg

IMG_3417.jpg

IMG_3411.jpg

IMG_3431.jpg

IMG_3429.jpg

IMG_3434.jpg

ok got my new parts today all the gaskets for my exhaust as it's blowing and my vtec solenoid gasket so hopeful if this rain holds off i can get all my stuff sorted!!!

IMG_3453.jpg

IMG_3448.jpg

IMG_3451.jpgIMG_3446.jpg

firstly this arrived this morning from my g/f who had bought me this for my birthday smile.png

IMG_3459.jpg

so i tried too sort my manifold today but i couldn't do it all bolts were fused and really awkward when its raining and theres 100mph winds.

so a quick phone call too my mate and late afternoon i took it too his uncles garage. on inspecting it he found that the gaskets i'd been given were wrong which i kinda thought they were so he had too use loads of sealant until my gasket arrives still it sealed it and runs so much smoother than before..

i'm going to order some heat wrap and the proper gasket and have him do it again when he gets time

IMG_3462.jpg

IMG_3464.jpg

IMG_3466.jpg

then i had a phone call from my mate to say my wilwoods were ready to collect as ive been waiting for these for ages as he was trying to get the correct spacers for his g40 polo and didn't no which pair too keep because he had 2 sets

not bad for £60 a set:) just need to get some brackets and brake pads now

IMG_3470.jpg

IMG_3474.jpg

IMG_3472.jpg

IMG_3478.jpg

Update From Saturday Morning

Right so i got up really early to get this stupid leak done that was coming from my solenoid gasket. The week before i changed the gasket for a new one thought all was kosher until later on i checked and there was more oil dripping than before wtf?

so i decided too strip most of my EF down from the dizzy too all water pipes and battery just so i could get too the bolts properly my EF bay is so tightly packed compared too my old Eg.

Got it all off and found the gasket on the solenoid was really baggy and didn't seem to fit properly and was split good job i kept my old one so i put the old one back on and used a bit of silicone gasket and i think i've sorted it now fingers crossed.

IMG_3496.jpg

IMG_3494.jpg

IMG_3499.jpg

IMG_3506.jpg

IMG_3507.jpg

All Back Together Just Needs A Good Steam Clean!!

IMG_3515.jpg

right i went too see jody aka RECEG6 last night too lend some wilwood caliper brackets and today i had a look at the brackets to see if they were the right ones and they fit perfect but!!

i need bigger discs DOH! but the problem is they won't fit under my wheels which sucks as i dont want too change my wheels so i guess they'll have too be sold

Also forgot too mention i also bought a 1 inch master cylinder like months ago lol

IMG_3563.jpg

IMG_3562.jpg

IMG_3556.jpg

IMG_3552.jpg

IMG_3546.jpg

Had a recent meet in coventry so i spent a few hours cleaning my car last week heres the pictures

IMG_3633.jpg

IMG_3619.jpg

IMG_3621.jpg

Then These Arrived In The post This Morning

IMG_3651.jpg

Then These Arrived

IMG_3700.jpgNot much of an update as you will all know the weather has been awful but will have alot more progress once the weather starts to get alot warmer

Sorry for the lack of updates not much changed in a while

So for the updates

Me & my friend Rob decided to adjust my tappets last week because my engine seemed a lot louder than my friends Eg so i went and got me a feeler gauge and got cracking !!

The exhaust side wasn't so bad but the intake side was a lot looser

6888373344_4d31457ea4_b.jpg

6888374820_1fe697af56_b.jpg

7034470297_e8d9197b21_b.jpg

Sounds a lot better now but my alternator belt is worn and sounds horrible Mot monday so all will be sorted!!!

Well car failed miserably which i already knew it would as the previous owner had a dodgy MOT on it

but it's mainly only silly little things tho which isn't bad

went to a scrapyard today afterwards and found me a nice ED7 which i bought a few bits off

YES!!! windscreen wiper Rotas and arms so now i can get rid of that stupid single wiper conversion and i also got the catch for my loose glove box and nice Rubber dash board cover which i didn't notice until last minute!!!!

also it has some mud flaps which i might go back and get

6892599670_6224b29c98_b.jpg

6892598536_521deed21e_b.jpg

7038696281_2da3e232a8_b.jpg

6892601878_d939a51091_b.jpg

Right few parts ordered today first came my energy suspension bushes, then i picked up some brake fluid and a cv gator for my driveshaft for my m.o.t gunna get up early tomorrow cause jaydog81 is on his way down and we got a lot of jobs to do on the EF for my m.o.t plus gunna try and fit my 1 inch master cylinder and Cusco strut brace

6902223156_085bac4656_b.jpg

7048316699_95dc861bf5_b.jpg

car passed Mot yesterday after alot of messing around and lack of commitment felt nice to drive my car again after over a month of not driving it

failed on trailing arm bushes and cv gator so got on with removing the trailing arm and BOOOOOOM!!!! my mate snapped the head off the bolt because it was seized so after hours over trying to drill it out we managed to remove the trailing arm with messing up the lca bushes frown.gif

so we got on with fitted the bushes then

IMG_1212.jpg

IMG_1215.jpg

IMG_1215.jpg

got all them fitted forgot the photos tho!! so put everything else back together and ordered some rear trailing arms received them and fitted my braided lines all round to so started adjust my handbrake cables so started stripping out the centre console

IMG_2058.jpg

but now ive ran into a problem with my rear calliper the spring for the handbrake cable keeps seizing up which makes the brakes stick on sometimes and is making that humming noise that gets faster the faster you go so i'm still not driving my car after all the work ive done rushing yesterday to get to the mot centre lol

so just took a few photos best one|!

IMG_2066.jpg

weather was good so got on with doing the rear calipers tried to un seize the drivers side rear caliper but the handbrake springs has had it so on the look out for another one but at least for now its not making a stupid noise

IMG_2117.jpg

IMG_2103.jpg

All Cleaned up Afterwards

IMG_2175.jpg

IMG_2128.jpg

Just a little picture from the flood street meet now [JDMC]

7160575513_4c94a22bdb_c.jpg

Not much until after the weekend as i'm going up to jaydog81's house for the weekend to work on my car

These arrived

IMG_4077.jpg

Things To Do This Weekend:

Master Cylinder Change ['1 Inch']

Weld Manifold

Weld Backbox

Fit All Belts

Paint Calipers

Full Service:

And A Really Good Clean

i've just noticed half my thread is missing so i'll just upload a few pictures i took with my DSLR camera i recently purchased

7415486654_215c2dcc00_b.jpg

7415493514_3744c51660_b.jpg

7013567955_876f4f901c_b.jpg

7006443977_6e525a2681_b.jpg

7006440509_85e0865a9b_b.jpg

Right so i got a lot sorted the weekend which i'm happy with we sorted the master cylinder welded all my exhaust & manifold fitted my new powerflex bushes gave it a service fixed my leak coming from under my wipers & heat wrapped My manifold

was a good weekend and we managed to go for a drive and take some pictures still a few things to sort like my rear caliper sticking but jamie gave me a set of rear refurbed calipers that i'll fit soon as i get a chance and we did'nt get round to fitting my new belts but will sort that in the next week or so

my master cylinder was leaking onto the servo tiny bits every so often which it started to erode my servo thats why i had no pressure in my brakes

7679888822_64a396d5d1_b.jpg

New Servo & Cylinder Fitted

7679887068_9c2786f4e0_b.jpg

Hamp Shortie Filter

IMG_4132.jpg

New Bushes & Welded A Plate On The Exhaust Stop It Catching

7679889432_0485e47825_b.jpg

7679890784_d874835340_b.jpg

Jamie Welding My Manifold

7679891526_9b4e4ef258_b.jpg

And Just A Few Photos From The Weekend

7679045762_a02dab659d_b.jpg

7679017360_7791fbcee1_b.jpg

EfEg.jpg

EfEg2.jpg

Gardenshot.jpg

Got some more bits yesterday that i need for my exhaust and my calipers

spray.jpg

And also got given these from jaydog81 Rear calipers with new seals

Calipers.jpg

CaliperSeals.jpg

: Still having problems with my brakes i'm thinking they may need Re-Bleeding again & some new brake padsbecause these are crap unless there hot after hard braking they work wicked but still i have a spongy pedal if after bleeding and new pads the brakes are still Rubbish then i'm gunna have to rip out the ABS unit because i think it's faulty BUMMER!!!!

I recently went round to see my cousins new EG and he told me he was getting some nice rims well when i went back a few days later BOOOOM

BBS Splits Rims which i really needed to try out on my car lol i had to put the 2 back wheels on as the fronts splits was'nt no where near as wide he's gotta get some new dishes for the front which are very expensive so i only tried on the one side but hey what the hell

Here's a few pics

7718797278_3576956648_b.jpg

7718800274_a4f7cbd35e_b.jpg

Had time the weekend to try get brakes sorted so i changed the sliders from my calipers to the new ones Jaydog81 gave me with all the new seals so i put the seals in greased everything up and put them all back on. Then i bled the brakes but still the rear drivers side disc doesn't look like it's been working properly now this is three sets of calipers i've had now and my brakes are still really spongey..

so i think ABS needs removing as these brakes are really shocking frown.gif

New Seals

PistonSeals.jpg

ust a few pictures from today a bit of caliper painting!

7923294612_76ca564089_c.jpg

7923288522_ceb6f5741f_b.jpg

7923357216_ff703f8f1f_b.jpg

Some Shots From Jae At The Weekend

7969566954_9f4a806125_b.jpg

7969568356_4552c1765e_b.jpg

7969570732_19ac353dc4_b.jpg

7969572010_03604379b1_b.jpg

7969572976_e4e73d73d2_b.jpg

And A Couple I Stole From GIZMO

7969596022_98077c3a38_b.jpg

7969596360_7d9d29b8a6_b.jpg

Something that has been doing my head in for ages 70mph wheel shake spigot rings there was'nt any on my sprint hart wheels so purchased some off ebay but guess what wrong size they didnt quite fit so had to shave them slighty with a stanley knife and use of my heat gun yet to test my car yet but i'm gunna try it later see if i still get the really bad shake fingers crossed

SpigotRings.jpg

Spigot02.jpg

SpigotRing03.jpg

Just a quick edited on my cousins bbs rimage

EF9SiR06.jpg

New Parts ************

As some of you may know my best mate jaydog81 is in the process of breaking his B18 eg5 and i wanted a few parts from him and what he has charged me i could not say no and the parts are quality as of all the stuff jamie buys it's never tat he always spends over the odds for things just to keep things clean & tidy ANYWAY enough of that muppet

New%20Parts01_zpsd922962d.jpg

Newparts02_zpsb6cf9f84.jpg

Newparts03_zps2e7fe69f.jpg

Newparts04_zpsf0275eb2.jpg

Newparts05_zps73e622b3.jpgNewparts06_zps71599ff9.jpgNewparts08_zpse02d1b35.jpgNewparts09_zpsb8aaa8e1.jpg

Parts Are On!!!!!

Done a little bit today fitted everything apart from solenoid cover as it was to small took a while to get the horn working on the steering wheel as i had to add another wire to it but it's all working now it's a tad bit smaller than my previous wheel but feels alot better.

Door speakers are also in now and are pumpin! also fitted the spoon socks but as i have a cable clutch there's no clutch bottle to put the sock round so i put it on my water washer bottle smile.png leads are all connected now just wish i had time to polish today oh well i'm off work for 10 days now so i can get alittle more done that needs doing

8012448900_a24c19dcc3_b.jpg

8012442574_f728a159bc_b.jpg

8012441958_b80b7e92f4_b.jpg

8012443322_58ff4bd15c_b.jpg

Went out last night with my mate as weve been wanting to get a few pictures of the cars for a while now the weather was ok a little bit windy but managed to get some ok shots anytime we want to get photos we can never think of anywhere with lights so we ended up in a car park smile.png

Enjoy!

Pash01.jpg

IMG_5618.jpg

IMG_5625.jpg

IMG_5632.jpg

IMG_5626.jpg

And me being a dick

IMG_5601.jpg

Ef9Co-Op.jpg

IMG_5576.jpg

All Copied From Civiclife.net :) Enjoy

very impressive mate, but one thing thats more impressive....

and thats how tall you are..... :lol:

hahaha nah man i'm usin the tripod holding it up really high on remote.

looks clean mate! im sure I've seen the car at flood street

thanks mate yeah been flood street a few times

Looks awesome mate :) always loved these and it was in Angus, thats where imfrom lol

yeh bought it a while back from angus done alot to it since then i've tidied it up

Clean motor, like these old civics.

Makes a change from ep3's or ek series

thanks yeh these are a different league to an Eg Ek Ep3 Dc2 the feel of them is awesome round corners ,there solid and the power delivery is wicked for such an old car.

yeh i put my thread up for people to read not to try sell it people. i'll still update til it sells just thought people might like my build up and the effort i've put in.

i am after a glanza td04 now and yes i want to go boost i've had 2 starlets before ep82 auto & a ep82 manual but the piston rings went a week after buying it i had that much trouble with it i went back to civics because i know them cars inside out.

just fancy a change i'll update this as and when i can

Edited by Spoon_tuned