• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They are horrendous. If you opt for those on your car then you needto go join max power or sumshite they look like there from halfords styling section

lol. i'd best update my max power subscription then.

we're all entitled to our opinions. i personally don't like silver Vs, especially early ones as im not a fan of 96 spec fronts, but then i don't like silver on any car, at all. we all have different tastes, thats what makes all our cars different and why our turnouts at JF and JAE look so good, as all our cars have nice differences / twists from our neighbours.

i think my car has enough fans that i can handle a few folk not liking carat lights. makes no odds to me what folk think.

plus, they are OEM, and hott, so yeah. what worries me more is that folk didnt know what they were, where is the general EP knowledge going on here! i think some class room sessions on EPs are in order. no one on UKSC should have to google OEM parts, i think we need our Wiki section updated for all to see! :p :p

Phil.

we're all entitled to our opinions. i personally don't like silver Vs, especially early ones as im not a fan of 96 spec fronts, but then i don't like silver on any car, at all. we all have different tastes, thats what makes all our cars different and why our turnouts at JF and JAE look so good, as all our cars have nice differences / twists from our neighbours.

i think my car has enough fans that i can handle a few folk not liking carat lights. makes no odds to me what folk think.

plus, they are OEM, and hott, so yeah. what worries me more is that folk didnt know what they were, where is the general EP knowledge going on here! i think some class room sessions on EPs are in order. no one on UKSC should have to google OEM parts, i think we need our Wiki section updated for all to see! :p :p

Phil.

And after all the lights research and trial and errors we did back in the TOC days, the youth of UKSC have no respect :p

i know!!!! lol

i remember the days of finding someone with an EPC, then trying to get the parts numbers, then finding a toyota parts department who would bother to order shit for me, then the dreaded part....being the first guy on UKSC to ask toyota..."How much for these please mate?"

fun times!

Phil.

Yeah, I remember ordering from Toyota york what I thought was the carat lights but turning out to be the late spec Glanza ones and bodging the to my uk fittings!

Phil.

Lol I dont know if the whole knowledge part was directed at me but i was well aware they were carat light just for the record lol. Also I didnt direct anything in the way of your car or how it looks im focusing mainly on the carat light which i will stand by my opinion on that i dont like them.

On the other part its a matter of opinion i fell 1ao is the best colour of a glanza and given the choice of standard kits i think the 96 front end also is by far the best looking option with the lip a proper grill and an actual badge rather than just a sticker but like you said it is all about opinions afterall surely thats what this forum is all about and without variety the starlet itself wouldnt be what it is.

Anyway just wanted to clarify that and leave it on that note that there was not digs intended and its all about opinion and that theres no hard feeling it all in the name of fun afterall.

^^^^^no no, that exactly my point, we all have our different tastes on here, and thats what has made for some properly stand out cars! if we all had the same tastes all our cars would look the same and that would suck.

i dont like silver, you do. i prefer the late spec front ends. the 96s are too soft and round for me, i like the more aggressive pointy 98 spec. that's exactly my point! some folk like GTs, some prefer 91s.

the knowledge part was more of a general observation, sometimes i worry that with the old school guys selling up and moving on that alot of our old knowledge gets lost and its left to mechanically inept members like me to try and direct folk in the right direction...which is dangerous...and why we are developing our wiki section.

all in the name of fun indeed, however, you did state that as i opted for carat lights that i need to join max power. thankfully the 17" chrome spinners i have on order will mean i will fit right in with my max power car lol.

Phil.

Im sure there is plenty mechanically clued up members joining also i consider myself one of those I wasnt a guru on tuning but i am a qualified mechanic and during my time on here ive picked up alot on the tuning side to add to that and think im pretty clued up on how starlets work as a basis obv with a large amount still to take in but i am picking it up quickly.

As for the max power statement was merely a bit of banter and had it been directed at a corsa with lexus lights im sure most people would have agreed. Was not to offend anyone like i said just a joke and definatly was not directed at any one person in particular. Anyway i think we can let people get back to their opinions on the body kit knowing theres no hard feelings lol.

And also no carat tail lights were harmed in the making of this thread.

Thanks

lol yeah i know buddy. hence my chrome spinners comment.

it is good to see newer members picking the stuff up. UKSC used to play second fiddle to other sites in terms of our technical knowledge and database, but that is certainly changing over the past couple of years. and if our Wiki keeps growing, we'll have even more resources to hand here which will be UBER!

the key thing is this:

The rear lip is sex.

Everyone needs to stare long and hard at carat lights and learn to love them. or i'm going to hack the skin and make it one giant carat light picture and change everyone's avatars to pics of carat lights!!!!!! LOVE THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love the carat lights!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Everyone!!!!!!!

:p :p :p :p

Phil.

Lol im glad to hear. Yeah i definately think now in terms of starlets that this is the top site and in the short time ive been on here ive noticed it growing alot and becoming much busier. With far more info and help.

Agreed though facts are facts and that lip is the tits.

Lol ill keep my standard 96 tail lights though :thumbsup:

I see they are doing wings too they look quite nice

^^^well spotted that man.

i think the car looks great, with the exception of the front lip. i'd swap that out to a 98 OEM one, boom, mint!

Phil.

Where? Is that wing in the advert not a varis one?

Phil.

Gutted on the silver front :(

haha now John, you know exactly how I feel about your car. i drummed up an award out of my ass just so I could sing the praises of your awesome car.

silver just isn't my personal favourite. i think your car looks utterly amazing, u know this. for example, i would never buy myself a silver guitar. its just the way i am.

Phil.

Phil panic not by the way as some of us older "back in the day when parts and toyota part numbers where rare as rocking horse shit" lads are still here and going nowhere ;) faaar to many years spent reasearching and taking in many many aspects of the little eps before id even plucked the currage to join the forums haha. man the good old days!

Edited by shorty