Mine is n/a Starlet with 4E-FE.

A few different types out there.

Choice of 4E-FTE, 5E-FE & 4E-FE Corolla

Will the turbo manifold give any gains or will the 5E manifold be better? Some say the Corolla 4E manifold is the ultimate?

• 5 weeks later...

Older version Corolla engine is fine and newer is broken somehow, got it free. So should I move intake and exhaust manifolds to older engine, is there really so much difference on dyno or real life, waste of time?

Doing some fast engine change to my EP70, before turboing 5E. I may put turbo 4E-FTE intake and exhaust manifold to this 4E-FE n/a for testing, so T- manifold is one choise also, biggest gasthrottle.

Electrics are not problem, have to do it anyway when going 1E>4E, only few differences.

20160412_110642_zpsjzcnhhtj.jpg

20160412_110351_zpstl8ixtx1.jpg

And point was has somebody dynoed or are these only feelings? Have You tested those with exhaust manifolds or just intake, because exhaust manifolds are also different.

Fuck, found lot of your conversation about inlet/TB, your ukso, thanks :)

So man should go staight to 5E-FTE, very soon I found myself doing n/a engine with 4A-FE TB and exhaust, arg :/

20160412_110806_zpsjtchaugy.jpg

I do have exhaust ready, few heads and TB, or should I go SW20 MR2 n/a part swap straight, longer mani etc. By the way tested MR2 3S-GE 318cc high impedance injectors to FTE rail and connectors, bolt on. Way too big for n/a but good for little tuned FTE.

20160412_110747_zpstrouylxu.jpg

I can take my old exhaust mani flange and try do something exhaustmix if intake side is modified also, first intake.

Left Garret T3/4 own fastmade mani and CT12, Garret was on my 5E-FTE years ago.

20160413_173834_zpsmjadizvg.jpg

And I also have one extra 4E-FTE tb and one full intake/tb. Both these engines have about same size tb and all tb have same bolt pattern , but flanges are different :/ So I tryed to fit tree bigger tb's to newer Gen tubular intake, didn't fit. And if adding bigger, then there is litlle edge lefting, but only few millimeter. Biggest problem is air channels in tb, right side paper/metall seal don't

match.

20160413_173834_zpsmjadizvg.jpg

FTE tb between engines. Here man can see tubular mani flange, right side needs more material to fit sealing, so welding is one option, don't wanna hassle more so no thanks. Maybe I just use oem small tb or not.

20160413_175932_zpsz783hhop.jpg

Maybe I use normal cast n/a mani and turbo tb for temporaly injection swap to EP70, had anybody tested this combo, maybe with oem cast iron 4-2-1 exhaust manifold or even with welded 4-1 steel mani?

• 4 months later...