Jules's Livesports Glanza

haha i knew this would come up one day on here!

well i do a couple of things actually, my main job suprisinly is as a classical musician. So i travel round playing with various orchestras and recording stuff.Thats why im in nyc at the moment... alot of people wouldnt think thats my main job when they meet me!

On the other side im working as a music producer and sound engineer, so i end up recording various bands, people send me their tracks and i master them. one of the biggest ive done so far is probably being one of the assitant engineers for one of the Queen tour Dvds. That was pretty mad.

So thats pretty much it!

Anyway, sounds like your a musician mate, what do you play?

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

classical musician?? awww dude thats SWEET!!! i used to play E Flat Sax to grade 4, but the old nasal parts of my head couldnt take any more!

Queen DVD, dude, thats pure rock and roll!!! hell yes!!!

yeah man i am, like i said i gave up the sax because my sinuses couldnt take it anymore, i often kick my self that i was grade 4 trained, could have gone on and now i couldnt make a sax make a note!! useless!! sinueses bein useless i taught myself guitar and drums, mostly metal and rock, altho i like to dabble in some blues drumming. i forgot all the technical and theory stuff years ago after droppin the sax, again another waste of things i had learnt, but I've been playin drums and guitar for maybe 7 or 8 years now, love them to bits, got a drum kit and 6 guitars in the house. I've recently been approached to play for a new band as rythym/lead guitar, and also asked if i'd be interested in a Judas Priest cover band, my lead work is, well, shabby tbh, but years of playin in the school orcestra and a brass band gave me good rythym, only ever played them live, never drums or guitar so i'm really hopin they take off as it would be sweet to get some decent experience!!!!

sorry for the essay, im just a total music freak, cant do anything without music!!

i could probably listen to your stories all day man, feel free to add me to MSN when u get back!!! its nanglebadger@hotmail.com

Have an AWESOME time man! can i ask wot classical instrument u play?

Phil.

I was thinking about that actually idrees, where could i get them from and how much would i be looking at on average?

I would ask Rick or Ecks (TC Trading) to find you some from the Jap auctions because the full units are quite hard to come by here unless you find a crashed Glanza!

I would expect to pay £100-£150??

lol.. usually classical music guys like Passat estates and walking.. :D

good on you for being different

Haha, most classical musicisans are also about 50 and have no style :p

Have an AWESOME time man! can i ask wot classical instrument u play?

Phil.

I am mainly a clarinetist. But i do play the piano, mainly Jazz piano

Sorry for the lack of updates people, ive been bad!

Give me until tuesday and you will see shed loads of pictures and a huge update :p

Jules

***Finally an Update***

Right i got all my gaskets from toyota so i started work on getting the ported manifold and the ported turbo back on. along with the hks actuator that i got for a bargin of £35!!

anyway some pics for you all

Everything back together before going on the car, spot welded the mani nuts on as they were locking nuts and i didnt want them coming undone!

15042008459.jpg

Then realised there was one bastard nut i couldnt really do up:( now i know why people put the mani and turbo on seperatly. you can see any spanner i could get on the nut would just hit the oil filter housing.

15042008461.jpg

Painted the mani cover in heat resitant paint- good for upto 650 degrees.

15042008462.jpg

And the interior panel sprayed. with the HKS EVC 6 which looks wicked. Found an spexi AVCR stand in the garage so decided to use it!!

15042008463.jpg

15042008464.jpg

Also put some speakers in the back doorcards for some better sound as im not having a parcel shelf

15042008465.jpg

Hope you like!!

Jules

Cheers lads!

Yeah shes coming along slowly but surely. would have fitted my FMIC but it sitll hasnt arrived:(

a friend of mine does flocking, so im thinking of getting the dash bit ive sprayed and the dial surround flocked in white. would look good me thinks.

As we speak trying to find a way i can mount my blitz air filter in the front bumper, tis a massive filter but i wanted to use it as it sounds UBER!, also painted the fuse box cover and the washer fluid cover in the same paint as i used for the cam cover

Soon im going to move onto the interior...Think it needs to be done!. Got some Corbeau GT seats that are just waiting for me to weld the legs onto so they can fit, then im going to do the Sub box enclosure and mount the amp. Going for a Raised 10 inch sub in the boot where the spare wheel should be.

Stickers should be here very soon aswell..oh by the way if anyone needs any stickers made up give me a shout and ill give you one of my firends numbers, can make any graphic any size any colour and his prices are very very very good!

Jules

Right all got another update

Got the intercooler fitted, was a second hand cooler with new piping!

17042008466.jpg

Looks a bit off centre as it wasnt completly fitted in that pic!

Also bought 10 of these clamps for it!. Mikalor :) there not going to come off! and 10 cost me about £45

17042008467.jpg

Also colour coded some more engine bay bits

17042008468.jpg

Cheers

Jules

very very nice mr Jules!!! great work!!!!

that reminds me, i must try redoin my fuse cover!!!

keep up the great work man!!!! i love updates on this motor! tell me, do u plan to remove those....random...things...from the back bumper? that look like indicators? i see u have already removed the wee ariel thing that was on the boot.

Phil.

Thanks Mark!

shes nearly finished now which is nice!. Only got to put the handling bits on and sort the interior!

Dean, i personally never liked white starlets a year or so ago, then i saw this one and i had to have it, now i love white starlets!