Ha ha are you sure you're not talking about my wife? I guess she doesn't hate it because it's cheap to run (it's all about the money) but I wouldn't say she loves it. She didn't like my gt4 but did like how quick it was :)

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Much to my girlfriends despair I'm waiting for a delivery to turn up from id-workz so not really any updates until that lot shows up, so thought I'd upload some more pictures

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks mate, she scrubs up well! Yes mate I'm very interested! Any pictures?

And just a load of service bits, fuel filter, oil filter, plugs, leads, belts. Got the coolant, panel filter, oil and gearbox oil from fensport and opie oils. I was tempted by the reflet rear lights but I decided I want to keep it looking as retro as possible.

I'll sort some now mate. Unfortunately they don't have the switch panels but the originals can easily be painted and I've done this on a few things with my interior.

Parts sounds good by the way, giving it a nice overhaul. I want to do my plugs soon

Ah they're black I've never seen them in that colour before, how much do you want for them? Yeh I'm guna do the brakes when I get paid as well, probably go for braided lines also. I'm still on the hunt for that elusive Corolla mani lol.

Also going to do away with my 306 at the end of the month and more than likely get a mk3 fiesta, fancy another retro project to go along with the starlet.

They're blue mate just no fading and v v clean. Literally the day I ordered them I found some 98 specs to match the rest of my interior ha ha. I paid £40 delivered so id do them for that to just get my money back. Yeh took me a while to find a decent Corolla mani- saw a few in terrible condition. I've been looking for you too but they seem to have dried up a bit :/

Edited by Pikey009

Oh right I thought the plastic looked black haha, if you've still got them when I get paid I'll have them mate, as I'll probably be waiting forever to find 98 spec door cards lol. Yeh the manis seem to be like hens teeth at the moment, one breaker got back to me but he wanted far too much for it. Cheers for keeping an eye out though!

Duno if you've noticed there seems to be some very cheap SRs popping up on gumtree at the moment dying to be saved, there was a silver one with a knackered alternator at fairly low mileage for just £375!

Yeh sure mate they're tucked away up in my loft in bubble wrap. I got all my 98 interior parts from different cars ha ha just been adding bits as I go. No worries mate the mani does make a difference to be honest- I wondered if people were making it up but you can tell right away. Got mine for £30 delivered but that was in Feb and I had the pic of a few.

It's crazy really isn't it with the SR's. Some are really bad and can't even sell. Yours was obv a steel. Ours are worth a bit I think to be honest as good ones are hard to come by. I'd love another one and just strip it and track it but I just can't really. There's one with bad arches for penny's but it looks buggered. The silver ones don't seem to sell well and seem the most common at the min (not taking anything away from them as I love any sr).

Really ? You got a link I saw a white one but that looks to far gone shame really

I just tried to find it so I assume it's gone and at that price I'm not surprised! I saw that white one as well, I agree it does look too far gone.

I'm very interested to see what a difference the mani makes, for what the starlet is its certainly no slouch and very nippy around town.

Yeh it'll be interesting to see how much the value of these goes up over the next few years, I don't know if you saw the black one on eBay recently with no MOT and 131000 on the clock going for £1600! In my opinion well over priced. But there is a lovely white one on there right now for £1500.

Yeh I've seen them both. The black one looked in pretty good shape but the mileage is high. I paid 1300 for mine with 58k on but I've spent a lot on it since then and the prices have gone up to. Having the optional fogs and splitter is nice. Two other people wanted mine but I got there first.

How long do you plan on keeping yours? Am I right in thinking there's only around 260 SRs left on the road? To be honest I think we both got very lucky with ours, finding an SR that hasn't been glanza repped or modded into oblivion AND with low mileage and good history is very difficult.

I wasnt even looking for one at the time it just sort of popped up, it was my mum who saw it advertised.

As long as i can really. At the moment i live a mile from work so i bike in most days and we've got a Golf as the family car so if i can keep using the Starlet like i do at the moment then i'll keep it. I want to use it but not put loads of miles on it at the same time. Whenever Bean decides he wants to sell me my old GT4 back though the starlet will go straight up for sale but that won't be for a long time.

I felt i got a good deal on it really but it did need the exhaust sorting along with all belts etc so there was £250+ on top of what i paid. Then there's all the rare parts i've sourced and the paint job for the front and rear bumpers so it definatly owes me over 3k now :thumbsup: You were so lucky with yours mate it's a 2k car all day long. Where was it advertised?

There aren't many SR's left at all and most probably don't even look like SR's anymore. Lots do get modified and it's a shame as most mods are bodywork related- start of being minor but as soon as that Glanza rear bumper goes on it usually ends up a full rep but each to their own. Mind you mines not exactly standard but the miles wern't low enough otherwise i might have not touched it at all. Most of my mods are under the skin though and don't affect how the SR differs from a normal car. I want to creat the SR Toyota should've made so that's why i'm using Glanza late spec interior etc. Black's my fave colour as black 91's in the country are either SR's, Glanzas or Reflets so it's a rare colour.

There aren't many SR's left at all and most probably don't even look like SR's anymore. Lots do get modified and it's a shame as most mods are bodywork related- start of being minor but as soon as that Glanza rear bumper goes on it usually ends up a full rep but each to their own. Mind you mines not exactly standard but the miles wern't low enough otherwise i might have not touched it at all. Most of my mods are under the skin though and don't affect how the SR differs from a normal car. I want to creat the SR Toyota should've made so that's why i'm using Glanza late spec interior etc. Black's my fave colour as black 91's in the country are either SR's, Glanzas or Reflets so it's a rare colour.

Edited by burty

I have yeah I've not got a photo bucket account so Il sort membership out and do it that way there proper photos though so it will be a photo of a photo from the week I picked it up , great cars aren't they Il definitely have another was your first one black do you know it's whereabouts?

Yeh get some up. No it was white but I was really young so had some custom Castrol graphics made for it ha ha but I did like it like that. Nowadays I'm more for keeping them stock. No idea users it is, saw it about three years after i sold it in a local town with the decals removed but that's the last time. I don't think it's on here

Edited by Pikey009

The mother saw it on Facebook, she used to work with the old woman who retired years ago, I thought the price and mileage were typos haha! Luckily there was actually nothing mechanically that needed doing, not a single thing on an 18 year old motor! Im dying to get the bumpers touched up though as there are a couple of scuffs and chips.

I get laughed at all the time in this car, everyone at work just thinks its an old banger and many people think I must be broke to be driving such an old car, I love it though they are cracking cars and its different from all the usual financed crap my friends and family own.

And Burty would deffo be nice to see some pics mate!

So lucky ha ha! Yeh I was like that with my bumpers but the scuffs were too bad to touch up. He main body is in amazing shape though so that's why I just did the bumpers and you really can't tell.

Yeh it's annoying everyone thinking it's an old shed and that we've stuck the stickers on from Halfords ha ha. Some people do know what they are though. I didn't make it to japfest 1 because it was my wife's bday but I was driving back down south past silverstone as a lot of people were leaving, the amount of thumbs up I was getting was crazy, even from a guy in an r35. I like most older cars to be honest. 90's was the golden era for jap cars for me, even non japs really. They don't style anything like that anymore. You wouldn't see an st205 gt4 getting released nowadays.

Modern cars all look the same every model in their range look like squashed and stretched versions of each other that's why Il always drive older cars , I sort photos out this week lads they are up in loft then Il polish her up and get some current ones least I know she's 100% original few battle scar scratches my sister did on bumper not deep though other than a missing tte back box it's all there even original number plate

This threads making me want to take it off the road for some TLC

How much did it cost you to have your bumpers resprayed?

Oh my god I get that all the time about the stickers! 'why have you put those horrible chavy stickers on there'.. 'do you think you're in the fast and the furious with those stickers'... It drives me mad haha, especially as I'm the only car guy in my family. This car gets more attention than my EP3, Celica or any of my other cars ever did, I also get the thumbs up/nods from other drivers, and at the three car meets/events Ive taken this too Ive had so many people come up and ask me about/compliment it.

I agree the 90s were by far the golden years for most cars especially hot hatches and coupes my EP3 is the only car I've owned that wasn't from the 90s, we will never see anything like a GT4, DC2 Integra being released ever again.

Burty give the old girl some TLC mate! Whats the mileage at now?