Hi guys, originally I was going to go standard ct9 with my car but now I've decided to go bigger turbo with management and maybe forge.

I'm just looking to see what people would think is the best all round turbo, TD, VF, TF and so on. If I stay standard internals if be looking at 220-230, forged 280-300

And input/opinions/previous experience is welcomed.

Thanks in advance

-Joe

tfo35hm is best al rounder spoolls like ct9 and packs a punch like a tdo4 both have same size inducer on compressor side tfo has a smaller turbine shaft inbetween ct9 and tdo4 youi then also have a option in 4 and 6cm housing

]

for stock engine !!!

Edited by 5e colin

Thanks for the input guys. I've looked previously at TD04 kits as I was going to do that anyway but I'll have to look at off the shelf kits for the tfo series if they exist ?(just found out it's essentially a small TD04, same footprint)

Also does anyone have rough figures for torque on these turbos ? 4E block

Edited by SpikeyJp_68

Be nice to see people try other turbos. I reckon GT17 or a GT20 would be a good turbo. GT17 populat on mini turbos using the 1.3. On my 1.0l 3 pot full boost (0.8)by 3750ish

I agree it would be good to mix it up a bit hence I'm trying not to go TD series but most wouldn't be able to afford custom exhaust work to match turbo X to engine Y

Edited by SpikeyJp_68

Thanks for the input guys. I've looked previously at TD04 kits as I was going to do that anyway but I'll have to look at off the shelf kits for the tfo series if they exist ?(just found out it's essentially a small TD04, same footprint)

Also does anyone have rough figures for torque on these turbos ? 4E block

dont have any figures but round town the tfo is way faster spools like 800rpm sooner !!!! 1.1bar at 3200rpm and packs same punch asthqat 1 >>>>>> and tdo4l3t 3900/4000 for 1.1bar

dont have any figures but round town the tfo is way faster spools like 800rpm sooner !!!! 1.1bar at 3200rpm and packs same punch asthqat 1 >>>>>> and tdo4l3t 3900/4000 for 1.1bar

Thanks for the info Colin, big help as usual.

Would this give a nice constant powerband to the redline do you know ?

True but people also spend a great amount on gtx28s and gt30s on top of a forged build and standalone ecu, I was just seeing if anyone has done it, it's a pretty small turbo but could make good power and fast spool due to its size ?

Have seen there's a VF27 turbo for sale near me, just wondering if anyone had experience of one ? I think they're in between a TD04 and a tf035 size wise.

Also there doesn't seem to be many tf035's for sale unless they're China wank

You sure its a 27 dude? Thats off a Legacy twin turbo, and wont have the correct flange?

You sure its a 27 dude? Thats off a Legacy twin turbo, and wont have the correct flange?

Yeah the ad says it's a 27 secondary turbo. Only reason I thought it would be suitable is because another guy was looking to swap out his tf035 for a vf27

What car is the tf035 off?

Off of a forester S I beleive

Have seen there's a VF27 turbo for sale near me, just wondering if anyone had experience of one ? I think they're in between a TD04 and a tf035 size wise.

Also there doesn't seem to be many tf035's for sale unless they're China wank

there are no subaru tfo35hm china wank turbos there just not made the 1s you find are al for other cars and are smaller

theres a good few of subaru tfo35hm floating about on ebays

there are no subaru tfo35hm china wank turbos there just not made the 1s you find are al for other cars and are smaller

theres a good few of subaru tfo35hm floating about on ebays

Yeah it said they were for a Mitsubishi Outlander or something.

I'll have a look on scooby forums and see is there one on there.