Horses for courses

If I'd a big budget and lived close enough to get everything custom made and didn't mind being a wee bit out of control then I'd use racetech in a way it's not possible to use a company like WEPR.

But I don't have either the budget or proximity

So I use Sacha at WEPR lol

Phil

Personally I'd go with race tech for turbo kits I had a fair few fitmemt issues with my wepr kit others are big fans but I wasn't very impressed tbh considering I spent over 2k on it I expected it all to fit like a glove I've ran two different types of race tech kit and they fitted absolutely perfect very solidly made I wouldn't run any other turbo kit if I was to buy another one tbh .. turbos I'm not sure heard bad about both tbh I'd probably just buy a shagged turbo and send it to laim d to be reconditioned

Edited by Whitenoize

You'll always hear a million good reviews for wepr.

I had a bad experience, not great customer service and my screamer cracked open, which was actually spotted by whitenoise lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You'll always hear a million good reviews for wepr.

I had a bad experience, not great customer service and my screamer cracked open, which was actually spotted by whitenoise lol

Did you purchase the kit new? did you try contacting WEPR?

Yeah tris, about the screamer? No, not like I'm gonna post a screamer to Sri Lanka aha, got my mate to sort it for me

The quality of the actual mani is really good, the rest just doesn't seem to have as much effort put into it

Yeah tris, about the screamer? No, not like I'm gonna post a screamer to Sri Lanka aha, got my mate to sort it for me

The quality of the actual mani is really good, the rest just doesn't seem to have as much effort put into it

Tbf, he normallly is quite good. if you send him detailed photos he will normally just send a replacement part, in my experience anyways

whats the verdict?

power

reliability

resale value

Heres my verdict, possibly biased as ive never owned a racetech kit but ive owned everything from ebay, sps, zisco, dean at rd developments, JAM and Wepr.

So for me the answer to the title is WEPR. In comparision Sacha has excellent customer service since the beginning of TGTT. He has been serving the starlet community over ten years while competitors have came and went. Bearing in mind how small the market is and how easy every customer is to reviewing products with one another on these forums and social media. Its also worth noting the diversity of customers reviewing the products. Majority arent actually mechanics even though they can work a spanner doesnt mean the kits are fitted as well as they should be. Even some mechanics are questionable! Its a seriously tough business to be in.

As for me I am a Llyods/TUV coded tig pipe welder for around the same length of time. I work on very high pressure pipework thats tested by xray, way beyond what the manifold kits are.

Power. This totally depends on the individual product/turbo kit within racetech or wepr. Ive never seen anyone dyno test these manifolds back to back but at a guess id say they are pretty much the same if you tested like for like. There using similar diameter tubing and the length and amount of bends is going to be pretty similar for both. If it was a comparision against ziscos smaller diameter tubing it would be a different story. As for overall power though it depends on what you want as a driver. Ive owned original wepr ct9 manifold, wepr ct9 external wastegate kit, wepr gt2871r kit and multiple wepr td04 and vf series turbo kits upto 1.5bar and my favourite of them all was a hybrid ct9 external wastegate kit at a 1 bar. Instant power throughout the rev range and the noise on boost out the screamer pipe was epic.

Reliabilty. Lifetime with wepr, what more could you ask for. Other things to concider would be material used actual fitting. Use someone who you can trust to fit it. Welds could be improved in both companies, I would like to see welds purged.

Sent from my SM-G357FZ using Tapatalk

i can only comment on wepr....i bought a mild steel kit in 2007/2008 and it has been going strong ever since

absolutely no fitment issues, no cracks and great customer service

from what i've seen over the years with other members, even if you have issues, he will try to get them sorted out for you---at his expense

that's why he's very respected in this community----he stands by his products

those have been my experiences and general observations

My mate's wepr kit is quality it's like a piece of fine art the weld lines look amazing life time warranty can't beat that! Racetec seems very quiet heard nothing from them in a long time if they did a life time warranty at competable wepr price's it would be a different ball game as there UK based. I'm more of the wepr fan though :)

so RT it is :crazy:

cheers for input guys, seems a case of you get what you pay for.

good call mate everyone has their opinion obviously people who have had good experiences with wepr will recommend them personally if you'd seen what I got from wepr your would laugh at it 😂 I had to split the full kit and sell it because it none of it would fit together