Finally got an emanage blue

Finally got the ecu of another member on here, getting ready to book it into to be mapped very soon, I just have one question please guys, the 3 bar map sensor goes from the unit of course then mounted into the engine bay, a hose comes off the sensor bit, but then where does the hose go to please, I'm guessing the hole behind the inlet manifold but in not sure, can anyone confirm this please.

Thanks Pat

i got one of those 5e metal fittings with two ports and ran the map sensor to one and the emu boost sensor to the other......i guess you can maybe tee it into the map sensor hose also, but i try not to connect anything directly to the line ....any vac/boost port off the intake manifold should work

Have you got any pics or diagram please gorgan am quite new to the ecu stuff, have rang one mapper and they said £100 to fit it, that's abit steep, can't get up to TD due to time and money, so need to stick local in south east, so would rather get it all in myself drive to mappers then attach everything just before I get there

i didnt wire mine in myself...i bought a fields extension harness and my tuner did all that stuff

however, this old tread may help you ....its emu, not emb....so i dont know if there are wiring differences

but worth a look ---scroll down on page 5 for wiring layout

http://www.toyotagtturbo.com/forums/showthread.php?18701-The-Official-EMU-Tuning-amp-prob-thread!-Launch-control-success-thanks-to-fur!/page5

the entire tread is interesting...you should take a read when you have time

Edited by gorganl2000

EDIT: I was wrong! I'm assuming the original map sensor would no longer be used so i'd probably just swap the vac hose from the standard map sensor to the 3 bar sensor when you arrive.

I would also remove the standard map sensor from the bay and tape up the plug to keep it protected in case you need it later

Edited by Patches

Now this is getting confusing, ok I have the harness to plug into the original ecu and the emanage blue, so that's sorted, looked like I need to find a spare vac port on the back of the inlet manifold I presume?, this is the ecu I brought of a member on here link below

http://www.ukstarletowners.com/topic/101129-lower-price-greddy-e-manage-blue-field-harness-3-bar-map-sensor/?fromsearch=1

I'm going to have a look guys thankyou I can't at the moment as my cars in paint trouble is people say different things when surely it should be a case of plug harnesses in run 3 bar map sensor from ecu through firewall and then that's the bit where to put the sensor too as looks like a hose has to come of the sensor and then to......? That's the bit I'm stuck on