Radio Controlled Cars

I used to have a Schumacher Fusion .21, 80+mph. Was great fun but it kept constantly shredding 1st and 2nd gear, breaking driveshafts, snapping belts, was a bastard to tune the carb.

If I was to do it again it would probably be an off-roader or go electric.

• 2 months later...

I've got quite a few cars, both nitro and leccy. The lipo and brushless motor combos really transformed the electric stuff. I get 30 mins run time from one, 2 cell 5000mah lipo battery on a 4.5turn brushless motor, and its blumin fast too.

4CE2AA6C-12A6-4488-9013-C7F892E67D21_zps

18C7B2AE-E588-49E4-92C8-6686664A989A_zps

2943945D-019C-4414-8EBF-D9326C7977D3_zps

IPHONEPICS071.jpg

Iphonepics093.jpg

Iphonepics093.jpg

IPHONEPICS062.jpg

Yeah the brushless stuff is so quick. My 4.5t set up is in a Kyosho RB5 rwd 1/10th buggy. I tried a 3 cell lipo in it which made it almost undriveable! You had to be progressive with the throttle otherwise it'd wheelie.

I had a predator x10 4wd buggy with a reedy trisonic brushed motor 7.5 turn and it used to go like a rocket or so i thought until years later

in a early mid life crisis moment in bought a schumacher cat k1 with a Tekin brushess setup. That rewrote my idea of a fast buggy.

Its true that brushless tech has changed the electric game totally but i still remember the old stuff more fondly. You can gauge how old an RC car enthusiast is by asking him if he remembers after every few runs,

unclipping the small coiled springs on the motor and pulling the brushes out to blow inside to blow away any excess bits of carbon before putting them back. i always used to think it made my motor a teeny bit more powerful lol.

been toying with the idea of getting another fast one maybe nitro.

I was like you. Was into it back in the day then had the usual mid life thing where you start to look back on a happier time! Then one evening over a few beers and the t'interweb, me an a mate got to reminiscing about RC when we were kids, and before we knew we were ordering all sorts!