looking at getting a cage for the SR, its had a cusco in it before so looking at another cusco one unless theres a better one?

also deciding between a 6 point and 7 point? any real differences other than the extra brace. im aware its probably going to stiffen the car up and the roads near me are abit hit or miss as to how good they are, so dont know if that extra brace makes a big difference? and last question was best place to get one? looking at tuning developments at the moment

Thanks Dan

By the time you drive to daventry wait and back. You could be on track with a cusco hahaha I have to admit it looks the boss!

Im ordering one off demontweaks, then local fabricators gonna weld it in, MSA / FIA approved so can compete in the future 8)

"Bolt In" cages are still going to require a certain amount of welding to ensure they don't punch through the floor in the event of a big crash. The floors on these cars are thin, really thin. They aren't even double skinned like some other Japanese cars are. So when you have a bolt in cage fitted by anyone who knows what they are doing, they will insist that some reinforcement plates are welded, it sure as shit wont pass any sort of scrutineering if it's just bolted through the floor.

If you have a Glanza I would speak with Tegiwa, they can source Safety Devices roll cages, and i'd go for one of those over something like a Cusco.

I wouldn't recommend anyone have a full weld in roll cage to a car that sees any real road mileage.

As an aside, I had my roll cage installed at Custom Cages a few years ago, I dropped it off on a Monday, it was ready to collect Friday of the same week.

"Bolt In" cages are still going to require a certain amount of welding to ensure they don't punch through the floor in the event of a big crash. The floors on these cars are thin, really thin. They aren't even double skinned like some other Japanese cars are. So when you have a bolt in cage fitted by anyone who knows what they are doing, they will insist that some reinforcement plates are welded, it sure as shit wont pass any sort of scrutineering if it's just bolted through the floor.

If you have a Glanza I would speak with Tegiwa, they can source Safety Devices roll cages, and i'd go for one of those over something like a Cusco.

I wouldn't recommend anyone have a full weld in roll cage to a car that sees any real road mileage.

As an aside, I had my roll cage installed at Custom Cages a few years ago, I dropped it off on a Monday, it was ready to collect Friday of the same week.

I was actually going to ask whether anyone with bolt-ins had reinforcement plates put in. With those would it still be good enough you reckon? (As in would it really be that much less effective than a weld in?)

Was yours a custom cages supplied one? I can't recall which company it was, but I remember reading somewhere that one of the firms in the UK has a bolt-in cage that doesn't fit great and requires some modification.

Mine is a Custom Cages cage, installed by them. Plenty of other people capable of doing it, but the difference in price was negligible back then, might be different now? (http://speed.academy/toyota-starlet-race-car-build-part-2-adding-lightness-safety/)

A properly installed bolt in cage is more than adequate for what the majority of us would use the car for.