JxckGlanza White EP91 Thread

Hello all, so I have bought my glanza back and decided to make a thread. The spec is as follows:- 

Engine and turbo

Stock 4efte

Spec 6 Puk stage 4 clutch

Tuning development lightend flywheel

RW Development top mount manifold with open screamer

Tail External wastegate - 0.6 spring

Tuning developmend TD04 - Hybrid billet

Greddy ProFec OLED boost controller

Apexi air filter and custom piping by RW Development

RW Development full exhaust back system all v band

ID workz half rad

Front mount piping done by RW Development with toyosport intercooler rear exit

RW Development catch can AN10 fitting

A/C delete 

Fuelling and Engine Management

TD fuel rail

Braided lines

FuelLab FPR

Walbro 255HP fuel pump

ME221 Gen 2 - A/W mapping

K20 COP

Bosch EV14

Redline variable TPS

Syvecs IAT relocated to IC pipe

Link 4 bar MAP sensor

Innovate wideband

MAC 3 port boost solenoid 

Brakes

K sport 6 pot

Hel braided brake lines

EBC yellow

Abs delete

Suspension and handling

BC coilovers

Rota slipstreams

Federal RS-R tyres

Polybush mounts

Interior

Sony BT head unit

4inch Vibe Slick dash speakers

Stock interior 

Cosmetic

Zisco front strut

OEM lip

OEM Mid spoiler

Kode battery holder

H.I.D headlights 

engine bay 1.jpg

front right.jpg

front left harder.jpg

front left.jpg

rear left.jpg

interior .jpg

rear right.jpg

engine bay 1.1.jpg

Edited by JxckGlanza

Photos have been updated, that's how it was when i sold it, unfortunately its now stock inside, the guy i sold that car to was clueless and has left some things for me to sort and shape up.  

Here's some pictures of it inside and a dull side shot from the brain dead previous owner.

front end right.jpg

interior.jpg

Edited by JxckGlanza

So as it stands i now need to sort out:- 

the interior, some kind of bucket seats. I want recliners with normal belts this time though. 

some kind of speakers in the front, no stereo is draining. 

Remove the bov = flutterrrs

fix the black soot from the exhaust - potential fuelling issue. 

Some glanza stickers under the window and a new indicator bulbs + bulb holder (old owner broke original one)

the waxstat is now stuck open so it revs to  2k on idle. I’ve bought a second hand throttle body of Ian Parker also got a bulb holder off him which he threw in. (Massive thanks) Hopefully receive that mid week. 

the car seem to develop a pull to the left, I’ve looked into it and I think it’s tracking. I’m very suspicious previous owner hit a pot hole and knocked it off. As the camber was fully out on the car. I will get 4 wheel alignment. 

small petty jobs but I’m going to be a little busy for a bit. 

Edited by JxckGlanza

I know who you bought it off, was a local ish car here for a few months. And yeh the owners were clueless on it. They wanted to take the K sports off it to sell, I offered some decent discs, pads, calipers everything for a very fair price and they wanted them basically for free. Then they try to sell the car with bits taken off it for well over what they paid, absolute joke

12 hours ago, HedgeyGedgey said:

I know who you bought it off, was a local ish car here for a few months. And yeh the owners were clueless on it. They wanted to take the K sports off it to sell, I offered some decent discs, pads, calipers everything for a very fair price and they wanted them basically for free. Then they try to sell the car with bits taken off it for well over what they paid, absolute joke

He was a genuine **shole mate. Spoke to potential buyers like crap including myself. I knew that was the reason he took the seats out. Colchester area? it was a right 4hr drive for me not really the car for distance lol with the fuel smell in the cab currently. 

I think some problems arose with the car and he just didnt know what to do, as far as logbook goes aswell ive been asking him since i bought the car no reply. 

23 hours ago, JxckGlanza said:

He was a genuine **shole mate. Spoke to potential buyers like crap including myself. I knew that was the reason he took the seats out. Colchester area? it was a right 4hr drive for me not really the car for distance lol with the fuel smell in the cab currently. 

I think some problems arose with the car and he just didnt know what to do, as far as logbook goes aswell ive been asking him since i bought the car no reply. 

Yeh colchester mate, put it this way he likes his drifting and those types of people normally bodge things dont they. So best make sure things are not cable tied on haha

Throttle body came and indicator bulb holder and been fitting she now idles fine. Can now actually start the car without going deff in 30 seconds. However the bulb holder was different type of bulbs. 😡

Took BOV off but no doubt it will go back on 😂

also ordered a coolant sensor I suspect that’s what causing it to run rich. 

can’t drive the car yet as my girlfriends corsa is on axle stands (sorting bits for MOT) but someone has messaged me saying it boost cuts in high boost. Not ideal another thing to the list. It did drive fine in low but soon as corsa done give it a quick drive. 

Found the strong smell of fuel from the braided hose , so will get that ordered , think will go with a ptfe hose to full prevent the fumes coming back! 

4667F0CA-32A9-49D1-B7F3-3512DB0C335C.jpeg

30FC1698-73E3-4E5D-A63B-4615FF8B31D7.jpeg

Edited by JxckGlanza
  • JxckGlanza changed the title to JxckGlanza White EP91 Thread

Got the coolant sensor fitted today, i'm 99% sure its fixed the over fuelling situation.  :)

i did a compression test on the engine reading - p1-160 p2-170 p3-160 p4-165. All healthy :)

I managed to take the car for a drive today on high boost and it wasn't boost cutting, it was over boosting, i think the old owner has tampered with the boost controller ive knocked it down but haven't had chance to drive it yet. 

The fuel hose i have made but it was making a slight pssin sound and causing it to slutter flat out so i need to take it to work with me to put in a vise to fully tighten. the fuel  smell has gone though so much better of a drive.

I managed to buy a full set of seat belts, bolts, rear seat brackets and buckles off Dan Rudd. So i can get the interior all in and back to stock. The previous owner who thought it would be good to rip the seats and harnesses out bought uk spec seat belts for the front and made a make shift bracket. I didn't like it and it doesn't feel or look good so replacing them. 

Next things to do now are:

Get the fuel line done

Fit the new door handle passenger side

Get new indicator bulb holder

fit interior

4 wheel alignment  

fit speakers 

fit stereo

Do need to clean it in the near future and order the glanza decals 

91737497_622554471921237_8848281341620387840_n.jpg

91897318_897059467419585_2445267629145849856_n.jpg

So little update, ive installed the new door handle and put the new fuel hose on.

Now the car has a misfire in boost, need to look though the ignition system, ordered a dizzy cap and rotor arm as they do look quite worn, will take it from there although i have suspicion its the king lead.

seat belts and fixings are here i think im going to install the interior tomorrow.

On 4/4/2020 at 7:40 AM, JxckGlanza said:

Got the coolant sensor fitted today, i'm 99% sure its fixed the over fuelling situation.  :)

Silly Q - but was that the sensor that sits closest to the coolant hose that goes to the top of the radiator? Two pin sensor?

3 hours ago, JxckGlanza said:

hello mate no mine was a grey 3 pin, its under the dizzy cap. 

I've got a 1996 model and it's a 2 pin, but same location as you're referring to. I think I'll get off my lazy bum and replace it tomorrow :)

Little bit of a update today, 

Ive managed to get some front seat belts, need to get some proper bolts, they are in but need some bolts for the upper seatbelt hanger for them to be perfect. Rear seat belts im still looking but the rear is stripped out. 

I put the king lead and new rotor arm on today and took her for a lap, I forgot how fast this thing is.  Looking forward to getting the interior in and sorted, hopefully going to give it a go getting some 4 inch speakers in and a head unit I have in the garage lying about.

will get a couple pics tomorrow :) 

So as the car stands , I’ve checked the ignition timing and the engine timing. Perfect, it’s left the injectors and emb, the afr is contantly reading 11 on idle. Rather rich.  Piggybacks are awful and it was fitted and mapped probably 5yrs ago and it was old tech then. 

so I have ordered a ME221. I’m going upgrade the (which I believe is stock) injectors. 

I got the headunit and 4inch dash speakers fitted , some sound in the car which I am more then greatful for. It’s a start and the 4 inch are better then I thought to be honest. Once the interiors is in I might look at fitting some 6x9 or a custom door car either way it takes the drone away. 

ive found some rear belts and ordered them. So leaving the rear interior out until i fit them. 

Exciting times ahead :)

1D8845D3-B5F3-45AD-A6CC-3BCBCE3FF395.jpeg

6EA8F8F2-9113-49AE-8F49-EF7041CA6E0B.jpeg

8BFC38C4-DEC9-4144-8F1D-031B5C033A1F.jpeg

35B1D364-784F-4209-9BAA-D21864D035FC.jpeg

663D9239-C402-4577-A02D-D041C1E6D6DF.jpeg

Edited by JxckGlanza
12 minutes ago, JxckGlanza said:

So as the car stands , I’ve checked the ignition timing and the engine timing. Perfect, it’s left the injectors and emb, the afr is contantly reading 11 on idle. Rather rich.  Piggybacks are awful and it was fitted and mapped probably 5yrs ago and it was old tech then. 

so I have ordered a ME221. I’m going upgrade the (which I believe is stock) injectors. 

I got the headunit and 4inch dash speakers fitted , some sound in the car which I am more then greatful for. It’s a start and the 4 inch are better then I thought to be honest. Once the interiors is in I might look at fitting some 6x9 or a custom door car either way it takes the drone away. 

ive found some rear belts and ordered them. So leaving the rear interior out until i fit them. 

Exciting times ahead :)

1D8845D3-B5F3-45AD-A6CC-3BCBCE3FF395.jpeg

6EA8F8F2-9113-49AE-8F49-EF7041CA6E0B.jpeg

8BFC38C4-DEC9-4144-8F1D-031B5C033A1F.jpeg

35B1D364-784F-4209-9BAA-D21864D035FC.jpeg

663D9239-C402-4577-A02D-D041C1E6D6DF.jpeg

Liking the build mate another white one 🙌 you should have looked on my thread man I stripped it out yesterday and won’t be using any of the belts you could have had what you wanted there only going to lay about! 

On 4/20/2020 at 8:19 PM, Gav Missen said:

Liking the build mate another white one 🙌 you should have looked on my thread man I stripped it out yesterday and won’t be using any of the belts you could have had what you wanted there only going to lay about! 

Hi mate, thanks. Shocker, that frustrating. I tried messaging you on Facebook, never heard back off ya.