Starlet SR a twenty year daily

I lowered mine 40mm on a combination of Tein springs and KYB excel g shocks. Just be careful because if you lower it too much more you may end up riding around on the bump stops. There isn't much travel left when lowered this much anyway. 

Also you said you were using KYB mounts as well, did yours fit the shock absorbers? The ones I bought for the EP91 weren't right for the car or shocks. Check my build thread for details.

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, Claymore said:

I lowered mine 40mm on a combination of Tein springs and KYB excel g shocks. Just be careful because if you lower it too much more you may end up riding around on the bump stops. There isn't much travel left when lowered this much anyway. 

Also you said you were using KYB mounts as well, did yours fit the shock absorbers? The ones I bought for the EP91 weren't right for the car or shocks. Check my build thread for details.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/264430185071

10 minutes ago, Claymore said:

That's intresting I've posted a link up to the ones I bought

27 minutes ago, Pikey009 said:

Awesome mate sits spot on. If you can get hold of the 98 spec glanzas, they are cracking although I had mine on custom rails that sat around 3cm lower 

thanks mate id love a 98 spec been searching for over a month but fingers crossed i may have a GT interior on monday im used to stting low in the celica so may have the mounts reduced like you did

9 hours ago, Pikey009 said:

Yeah it makes a huge difference. I’m removing the evo recaros from my gt next week but they’d need proper rails making as the ones fitted make them sit too high 

shame your not close by as i would of popped by to see how lower rails feel ,cant wait to sort it your feel like your sat on top rather than in them 

Yeah god knows why Toyota didn’t put a nice interior in as standard although my dads friend who was a Toyota dealer are the time seems to think the 98 interior was offered but not well advertised. 

And my old car doesn’t have the 98’s in anymore, Trav put the recaro fishnets in which I don’t like at all but it’s his car now. He does still have the full 98 interior but I think he’s planning to put it in his second SR. It is mint as it took me over a year to individually source all of the parts 

Half of battle with these cars is finding parts was hard 15 years ago never mind now was so lucky getting exhaust absolute fluke tbh, regret not getting that tte copy lip now been in touch with idworkz definitely stopped now such a shame 

Edited by burty

Yeh I've had to really network to find the lads with guarges full of ep goodies. 

On my build I've recently purchased a set of trd clocks for close to £400 quid. 

And the lad has got tte stuff trd stuff skirts splitters spoilers. 

Hard to get him to sell any of it. 

I'm off to see a Serra owner that has about 3sets of 5ehfe cams soon, but again high priced.

Edited by Sam44

Tell me about it the lad I got the exhaust off said he's turned down loads more money for it than what I paid was such a genuine guy only let me have it as he saw my car on facebook and said it was worth selling for the right car so lucky fingers crossed il get these seats, also would pay good money for a copy lip 

On 7/25/2020 at 11:06 PM, Sam44 said:

Yeh I've had to really network to find the lads with guarges full of ep goodies. 

On my build I've recently purchased a set of trd clocks for close to £400 quid. 

And the lad has got tte stuff trd stuff skirts splitters spoilers. 

Hard to get him to sell any of it. 

I'm off to see a Serra owner that has about 3sets of 5ehfe cams soon, but again high priced.

Trav is looking at getting some made up from his set mate and looking to organise a group buy

21 hours ago, burty said:

Tell me about it the lad I got the exhaust off said he's turned down loads more money for it than what I paid was such a genuine guy only let me have it as he saw my car on facebook and said it was worth selling for the right car so lucky fingers crossed il get these seats, also would pay good money for a copy lip 

I'll take the genuine one off of the Black SR for you 😅

Never see them come up for sale anymore, i wonder how many cars with them fitted have been scrapped

2 hours ago, Pikey009 said:

I'll take the genuine one off of the Black SR for you 😅

Never see them come up for sale anymore, i wonder how many cars with them fitted have been scrapped

Get ready you may have started something now I'd  be up for it aswell 😂😂😂 I've never seen one on a silver onec

Edited by burty
2 hours ago, Sam44 said:

I'm in on that definitely. I've just ordered a set of speed vision cams. Is this the MR2 MK3 roadster steering wheel. I'm after 1. 

I've had both mr2 and celica and I'm certain they are the same mate if that helps broaden the search for you

Finally got some seats full set aswell few tiny holes nothing major may use the material off the rears to make them perfect then retrim the rears a matching shade up the middle seller was a really nice guy also a member on here 

_20200727_195328.JPG

Edited by burty