Starlet SR a twenty year daily

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, RoyalDutchie said:

May be picking up some identical ones soon, in the Netherlands they are actually pretty common. Lots of people still drive starlets here and once they became to expensive they get broken for parts.

Honestly can say I can't remember last time I saw a glanza or SR on the road where I live in the UK must be 5 years ago, I do see a lot of 5 door ep91s though I think within the next few years parts will become expensive as seem to be getting discontinued, really want to make a proper job of this had it half my life now love the little thing

My passenger door has rust on the bottom corner, kept getting scratched on the pavement. 

Seen an old boy in a faded red 3dr the other day and he gave me a wave, bless. Only see a few starlets floating about. Probably seen 5 ep91 near me over the last few years. Theres a 82gt for sale in bristol at the mo, not seen one of them in the flesh for 10 yrs i reckon

My door was the whole bottom section very odd as everything else around it is fine must of had a seal fail? Replacement door has all seals attached so if that was case I'm sorted 

6 minutes ago, Starletson said:

There must have been bare metal in there. Every time I open my driver door it drains all the rain water sat in it

Il inspect it when I remove it see whats going on driver side is perfect

Nothing major happened in last few days, 

I changed door handle as it was on borrowed time, changed gearbox oil as it was well overdue noticed the hose to the airbox is looking a little worse for wear so I'm gonna see if my new breaker mate has one, also may pick up a glanza strut brace are these worth while? 

7 hours ago, Keviano27 said:

The strut braces are abit of a pain to fit, you have to move the fuel filter but I've seen it been done. Think it's worth a go if it's cheap enough, might have to find this breakers myself! Sounds like a gold mine 😂

Nothings ever straight forward is it 😂 I did look at the fuel filter location but was hoping the brace would come forward and clear it.... Il see how much he wants before making any decisions 

Right finally did a job I've been putting off because of the rust on the inner arch I've been meaning to remove the rear bumper to check the panels behind it as they are attached to where the bad inner arches are well I'm chuffed to bits they are in decent condition nothing a rub down won't sort got out the dreaded flat screwdriver and gave it a good poke it's  solid most panels are discontinued so see this as a result the underside is getting the same treatment as the bodywork you see 

DSC_0192.JPG

Edited by burty
On 7/27/2020 at 4:50 PM, Pikey009 said:

I'll take the genuine one off of the Black SR for you 😅

Never see them come up for sale anymore, i wonder how many cars with them fitted have been scrapped

If ID-WORKZ have stopped making the replica TTE splitter, at some point I could possibly make a mold and make some up to sell 🤔 

The replicas were only made from fiber glass and gel coated right? 

Decent work keeping the SR fit and healthy, hopefully for another twenty years! 👍🏻 

Edited by Trevstar

If you’re thinking of removing the one from your car to make a 

3 hours ago, Trevstar said:

If ID-WORKZ have stopped making the replica TTE splitter, at some point I could possibly make a mold and make some up to sell 🤔 

Decent work keeping the SR fit and healthy, hopefully for another twenty years! 👍🏻 

If you’re thinking about removing yours to make a mold then it may be tricky as I’m sure the body shop bonded it on As well as bolting it in place

3 hours ago, Pikey009 said:

If you’re thinking about removing yours to make a mold then it may be tricky as I’m sure the body shop bonded it on As well as bolting it in place

Well I also have a replica one here somewhere, could make a mold of that? 

If I did make a mold, could you imagine a carbon fiber one? 😯 

Edited by Trevstar
11 hours ago, Trevstar said:

Thanks mate so much love for this car admitedly sometimes it's gone on back burner with other projects etc promised myself I'd get it back to its former glory and its finally happening now 

8 hours ago, Pikey009 said:

If you’re thinking of removing the one from your car to make a 

I wouldn't expect anyone to remove a genuine one if it was bonded imagine if it was to break how gutting would that be I only know of 2 in existence, how's the GT coming along? 

5 hours ago, Trevstar said:

Well I also have a replica one here somewhere, could make a mold of that? 

If I did make a mold, could you imagine a carbon fiber one? 😯 

Carbon fibre would be lovely, I've been looking for copy's for months and there simply aren't any the NA needs some sort of lip imo