Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
CheFinn

Starlet SR Revival/Restore

Recommended Posts

47 minutes ago, burty said:

Congrats mate I also became a dad to a girl this year in Jan lots of sleepless nights I'm sure can't wait to see the decals really sets the sr off

Thank you buddy, congrats also, yeah I'm sure you know the score all too well, worth every second of tiredness and dedication though!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great progress. 

Action pics, this is why we do what we do. 

Pollen filters??? NO WAY DID I KNOW THESE CARS HAD THESE. 

I have a cd model will mine have them?? If so we're are they located. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sam44 said:

Great progress. 

Action pics, this is why we do what we do. 

Pollen filters??? NO WAY DID I KNOW THESE CARS HAD THESE. 

I have a cd model will mine have them?? If so we're are they located. 

I'm not sure if it definitely will have them as I'm not sure all do, but, if you do have them they will be behind the glove box and will have 3 button like clips holding them in place!

Pretty sure some have just a solid cover over the heater box instead. 

However, if you do change them think I paid £8 each and needed 2, then spray them with a nice scented air freshener so when the heaters come on it smells lovely and dust free! 

Chances are they will have never been changed regardless :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mines 98!

I read somewhere that it was mainly 98 spec onwards that have them but I'm not sure how true this is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm gonna check mine this week mines a 99 S plate I've never changed it never new they had one this will be interesting 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, burty said:

I'm gonna check mine this week mines a 99 S plate I've never changed it never new they had one this will be interesting 

I should imagine it will definitely have one, especially if you have AC :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CheFinn said:

I should imagine it will definitely have one, especially if you have AC :)

I have a 96 spec and it has ac but no filter I have  removed ac. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The 98 spec glanza I have does have these filters on the passenger side. Was under the impression all starlets with ac should have these filters🤔

Edited by RoyalDutchie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, CheFinn said:

Strange, must be something Toyota brought in from 98?

Not really sure some do have them some don't I belive the only way to tell is remove glove box and have a look. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, td04 turbo said:

Not really sure some do have them some don't I belive the only way to tell is remove glove box and have a look. 

May be a factory optional extra

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/19/2020 at 12:32 PM, CheFinn said:

I should imagine it will definitely have one, especially if you have AC :)

I had a very quick look but couldn't see one it was dark though il have a proper look in the light 

Edited by burty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This car just evolved in front of my eyes. 

I was looking up some of the factory options and Waw just Waw. 

How rare are arm rests??. 

Edited by Sam44

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Sam44 said:

This car just evolved in front of my eyes. 

I was looking up some of the factory options and Waw just Waw. 

How rare are arm rests??. 

And fog lights 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Arm rests are not that common.

The square fogs are also pretty rare they come for sale from time to time here, still have a set of round ones for the reflet.

Edited by RoyalDutchie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a quick update.

Today I got a photo of the progress on the bodywork. Had the wiper removed and boot lock as that never worked anyways.

Also the original stickers were made up and arrived yesterday 😄

Excited much!

IMG_20201021_191326.jpg

PXL_20201021_183431300.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, CheFinn said:

Just a quick update.

Today I got a photo of the progress on the bodywork. Had the wiper removed and boot lock as that never worked anyways.

Also the original stickers were made up and arrived yesterday 😄

Excited much!

IMG_20201021_191326.jpg

PXL_20201021_183431300.jpg

Looking good the SR decals will finish it nicely, keep it up!

Edited by RoyalDutchie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, RoyalDutchie said:

Looking good the SR decals will finish it nicely, keep it up!

Thank you 😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fast progress great going the decals will really set this off aswell  glad you are keeping it like a Sr on the outside aswell 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...