My Glanza Conversion ***new Pics***

Alright guys, just thought I'd start a new thread and put my updates together just to clean things up a little.

Well here is my 97 Starlet Sportif which I bought in February this year. It came with a few mods as listed below:

Gmax lowering springs

15" rims chrome/black rims

Universal backbox

Corolla 4 branch inlet

Rear tints

Wind deflectors

Glanza headlights

Glanza S bonnet

98 spec Glanza front bumper

98 spec Glanza foglights

Glanza spoiler

GT Turbo seats

Tinted rear lights (they'll be going)

'A' pillar gauge pod with tachometer and volt meter

Clear front lenses and wing repeaters

Some pictures from when I went to pick it up with Idrees (younger brother)

DSC01828.jpg

DSC01829.jpg

A few little changes I made to make it mine...

OZs to replace them horrible things:

DSC01984.jpg

DSC01985.jpg

Blitz filter:

DSC02008.jpg

Ice blue bulbs:

DSC00180-1.jpg

KYB SR Special rear shocks:

DSC00279-1.jpg

3G discs:

DSC00090.jpg

Paseo dials:

DSC02055.jpg

It ran sweet as a nut but the bodywork wasn't tip top, and just got worse the more I drove it (peeling paint etc). I got a few quotes for getting the body all sorted and was gonna go ahead with just that, but when Idrees offered a full respray in any colour I couldn't say no :D The Green was a nice colour but I thought I'd go for a grey.

So, I started by collecting some new parts as follows:

Glanza doors with electrics:

DSC02049.jpg

Glanza front wing as mine was buggered:

DSC02051.jpg

Glanza rear bumper:

DSC02052.jpg

Glanza sideskirts:

DSC02053.jpg

Glanza number plate surround:

DSC02054.jpg

And a Glanza 96 spec passengers side lense - Thats everything to complete the Glanza look.

Next was to find some spare time and choose a nice colour ;)

We managed to get a spray booth booked for Idrees to paint the car in which we were really lucky to have. It was so much easier to use than rather than the garage at the end of the garden!

We spent about 3 days prepping the car at home last week, getting all the paint flatted and filling the dents and other necessary areas. This was because we have limited time in the spray booth (4 days) so we did as much as we could at home.

We also removed and smoothed over the rear wiper, rear lock, passengers lock, wing repeaters and rear wiper washer.

It took some time to choose the right colour but in the end we chose Dolphin Grey with a touch of Candy Blue, and there is Mica Blue (flip tone) mixed in to the first coat of lacquer but its really slight to give it that extra touch in the sunlight. I plan to add some carbon as it'll go nicely with the Grey (well, whatever carbon I can afford!)

Now for the respray pictures...

Prepping it at home:

DSC00183-1.jpg

DSC00185-1.jpg

DSC00186.jpg

DSC00187-1.jpg

DSC00188-1.jpg

DSC00189.jpg

DSC00190.jpg

DSC001091.jpg

DSC00254.jpg

DSC00255.jpg

Getting towed to the booth yesterday morning:

DSC00260-1.jpg

Prepping once it got there:

DSC00265.jpg

DSC00263-1.jpg

DSC00262-1.jpg

DSC00266-1.jpg

DSC00268.jpg

DSC00269.jpg

DSC00272-1.jpg

DSC00270-1.jpg

Masking it up:

DSC00289.jpg

DSC00288-1.jpg

DSC00294-1.jpg

Idrees in action again :p

DSC00116-2.jpg

DSC00115-2.jpg

Primed the car:

DSC00299-1.jpg

DSC00301.jpg

DSC00302.jpg

The bumpers, sideskirts and spoiler were painted and lacquered yesterday. Just got the body left now with the wings, doors and tailgate.

Just the two pictures to show the final colour, you will have to wait till Idrees has sprayed the whole car and we have built it up to see more pictures!

DSC00287-1.jpg

DSC00298-1.jpg

Keep an eye on this thread for many updates to come :)

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

do you have to buy a glanza boot for that number plate sorround to fit or does it just fit on th n/a boot in place of th old number plate lights etc?

plus do the paseo dials fit straight in (plugs etc) because i hav a sportif aswell and am looking to add them?

do you have to buy a glanza boot for that number plate sorround to fit or does it just fit on th n/a boot in place of th old number plate lights etc?

plus do the paseo dials fit straight in (plugs etc) because i hav a sportif aswell and am looking to add them?

n/a boot has to have holes cut in it for the reverse lights to fit, not a hard job, jus takes some time and an angle grinder.

the paseo dials have to have some wires swapped around, chris(monkey) on here can give u the best of help with them, he helped me with mine.

thanks for all the comments guys. updates coming soon.

idrees you are one talented little fella anyone ever tell you that before your work is top notch and you are like what 17 and this is what you can do love to see what you can do in a few more years.... wish u were closer to me as im wanting to get my starlet resprayed

Thanks for the nice comments guys :)

I fitted the sideskirts today while my brother got the spoiler back on..

DSC00367.jpg

DSC00368-1.jpg

DSC00369-1.jpg

The number plate surround and wing mirrors look more blue than the rest of the car. Thats because my cousin wanted to spray them so I let him, but he did it wrong as he applied too much of the lacquer which had the Mica Blue in. I gave everything else one coat of the lacquer with the colour, and a nice clearcoat over it. Whereas he gave it about 5 coats of colour lacquer and 1 layer of clear! Nevermind though, I will sort them out when I get time for them.

Other than that, I am very pleased with the paint job.! We're gonna buff the whole car on Wednesday (all being well) and I will get some close up pictures up then.

Also, carbon front lip on the way ;)