• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just thought, when you were adjusting the actuator, which way did you turn it?

every way under the sun to try and get it to work, the new one came thought the other day so will fit that at the weekend.

any luck with the gasket for the exhaust?

it's not urgent you could post it if that's easier,

i know it's madness, well i will find out Saturday if it is actually the actuator or not.

also on the rattle side of things i get a squeak went i turn the engine off, almost like a belt or compressor wheel is rubbing or something.

• 2 months later...

UPDATE TIME!

right havnt done an update in a while and got some new bits through today so though i might aswell update my thread.

New bits:

NGK blue ht leads

Idress painted blue rocker cover

HDI EBC-R boost controller

Tuning developments oil catch can- had for a while but still havnt fitted:(

IMGP2081.jpg

IMGP2084.jpg

IMGP2087.jpg

IMGP2091.jpg

IMGP2092.jpg

and a sneeky peek of what is in store for 2009

IMGP2088.jpg

IMGP2089.jpg

ooooo Hybrid!

Man your going to be leaving me in your dust now lol! We will have to meet soon! Tried putting my wishy and ARB on today! Couldnt do it man didnt have the right tools B)

Rang up a mobile mechanic and he quoted me £100 so looks like it will be back on the road hopefully on the weekend woohoo B)

So maybe a mini meet is in order, and ill try get chicco to bring the blue beast out! Ill have to get on jules's case to!

Good to see your up up nd away with the project mate, got some catching up to do lol B)

lol, cheers mate but cant say i will be making anymore progress till i get my valve stem seals replaced so will be back in the garage soonish,

but when it's in there the turbo will be going on but will be limited to 0.8 till i get a emanage. B)

yeah get chicco to bring his v out i realy wanna see his although standard i havnt seen that colour glanza before.

• 1 month later...
just read the whole thread, looking lush man, i remember your motor now from the bluewater meet when the skyline turned up there and we all ended up getting chucked out eventually haha. i need my rocker cover painting!

cheers dude, followed the skyline down with a mate to BW... shame we all kicked out lol. Idrees painted my RC and cant folt it looks the nuts! totally recommend him.

I have had many an offer on the armrest lol but to jdm to get rid of lol

I have a big update coming so watch this space.

:) ;) :D:) ;) :D:ph34r:

Motors looking sick mate with a nice spec to back it up with.

cheers mate, will get up a proper spec list with next update :D

Nice looking V dude,

Fancy joining the Carbon Fibre Glanza S bonnet group buy? Your car would look the nuts with a Carbon bonnet as well :)

I allreay have a reverse scoop so kinds have a s bonnet, plus with the big update coming i have completly used up my funds... I'm broke! ;)

Lookin sexual mate.. Love the engine bay.. looks so much clenaer without the big EFI pipe and TMIC.. keep the updates coming..

Cheers buddy :)

and why Toyota ever thought the efi pipe was a good idea is beyond me lol

...update coming soon

ok this is not my fault it's still at the crappy garage as a mechanic was signed off for two weeks so work load got a bit big but everything is on and the engine is running so... should have it back tomorrow fingers crossed.

Right update time... this is good :) and bad :(

so the good stuff first lol...

Had the head and block off and got the valve stem seals replaced, valves reseated, head skimmed, new head gasket etc

all done and back on with new cambelt, gaskets the lot lol

At the same time i got my Hybrid turbo fitted along with a new mild steal SPS manifold! YAY!

also got the HDI ecb-r fitted along with the oil catch can

white line rear fixed anti role bar is on and doing good things

Razo straight style shifter fitted

Got a RRFPR and gauge to go on

Got some nice new gauges... Apexi 60mm boost gauge and HKS 60mm oil temp gauge which are housed in a lovely double gauge pillar pod from Dave

had a custom charge pipe made for my intercooler by Ricky (starbus) with no bov port for fluttery goodness lol... i will chop and change between my HKS ssqs and the no bov ported pipe as and when the feeling take me lol

Now...the bad stuff :(

the timing is out on my car and so is running crazy retarded at the moment :( don't have full boost till 5k and stall a lot when reversing and in first gear.

so i have booked it in to be professional re timed and maybe RR'd to check the afr's are all good.

my current blitz backbox was modified to fit in japan and was done so in some weird way so couldn't get it off to fit my new exhaust...hence why that is for sale lol...so i am leaving the original on and getting a straight through custom midsection made to replace the standard midsection.

I have a screw in my tire and now need a new one as it's to close to the tire wall to be replaced :(

so mixed feelings at the moment :surrender: happy thats it back but still got LOADS to sort out to get it running 100%

will get pics up soon :drunk2: