• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice!

What do you reckon to thoese Apexo coilovers?

Where did you get them from and how much if you dont mind me asking?

well i am really impressed with the apex coilovers the handling has improved 10 fold plus having the 32 way damp adjustability gives you a lot to tune the setup to your liking, but they are new to the starlet market (well used on Subaru's) and i found that the standard brackets to hold the brake line were slightly out so had to get a bit fabricated onto the end just as on full lock it was stretching the lines and would eventually rip them from the bracket, but it doesn't take much to fabricate a tad bit on the end.

i got them off ebay for 480 something.

i would recommend them really nice coilovers

Very Nice G mate. Makes me want coilys so bad now! Keep it up the good work :lol:

by the way, how did you find taking off the original cat pipe? Was the O2 Sensor a nightmare? I have a Japspeed Decat pipe ready to go onto mine but am hesitant to do it myself.

Very Nice G mate. Makes me want coilys so bad now! Keep it up the good work B)

by the way, how did you find taking off the original cat pipe? Was the O2 Sensor a nightmare? I have a Japspeed Decat pipe ready to go onto mine but am hesitant to do it myself.

cheers mate,

i got a friend of mine to fit it he works at a local garage, but he did say the lamba sensor was really long and had to kinda bend it into the decat, can't imagine it's to hard just make sure you have new gaskets and mine needed new bottom studs as there were rotten nd fu#kd

• 2 weeks later...

right not much of an update but i got some 98 spec reflect lenses from Sam so i fitted them, then as it happened to be sunny i gave her a good bath and took a few quick snaps.

new lenses

IMGP1672.jpg

IMGP1675.jpg

IMGP1677.jpg

IMGP1670.jpg

IMGP1671.jpg

and my personal favorite:

IMGP1674blackndwight.jpg

Right FINALY have got my fmic fitted so here are a few pics of it on, also decided to get on my zep reverse carbon scoop:

IMGP1685.jpg

IMGP1686.jpg

IMGP1690.jpg

quick engine pic- it looks like crap at the moment but will sort it out soon:

IMGP1688.jpg

and some different angles of the scoop:

IMGP1689.jpg

IMGP1691.jpg

IMGP1692.jpg

need to sort out my bov, nd i am losing some boost at the end of the revs so might have a leak somewhere,

not going to do to much for the time being as i have no money, might have a manifold and laguna splitter soon then eventually get an emanage, boost controller and get a nice map done.

• 4 weeks later...

Thats some sweeet mods mate.. looks fine :lol: .. Im dreading putting the actuator on, infact im not looking forward to any engine work haha.. Im a fitter so i should revel in it, but i dont, i really do detest working on car engines. Especially when your restricted like this on the starbo. Although my bro's GTO was a different matter all together :)

Anything else in the pipeline mate ? What power pushin out ?

Thats some sweeet mods mate.. looks fine :lol: .. Im dreading putting the actuator on, infact im not looking forward to any engine work haha.. Im a fitter so i should revel in it, but i dont, i really do detest working on car engines. Especially when your restricted like this on the starbo. Although my bro's GTO was a different matter all together :)

Anything else in the pipeline mate ? What power pushin out ?

cheers mate, if you get rid of the air con nd relocate the filter to the front the engine is not to cramped to work on- the actuator wasn't to hard to fit just fiddly :D but felt better once fitted.

got loads i want to do just run out of money :D , i'm a digital animation student so money doesn't come in, in particularly large amounts lol:

mods to be done soon (i hope)

going to get air con removed and front locate filter (very soon)

get my turbo ported

get a manifold

ebc

hope to get an emanage- then get it mapped, it should through out 180bhp

then go hybrid eventually, port polish the head etc, all the little bits and see over 200 :D

at the moment i hope to be running 140-150 mayb, but i suffer quit badly from boost creep so want to get that sorted asap.

Makes me wish I had a black one, amazingly clean V mate, good work.

Al.

cheers Al the black ones seem to be quite understated on this forum apart from rick's beast they are all white nd silver beasties- i do like the white ones alot and yours realy does look the nuts :p i will have to try nd come to one of the meets, blue water isnt to much of a mission nd i would love to have a nosey round the cars :p

Nice car mate not seen this one before other than in your sig a couple times

Looks well fresh :p

If iu had a black glanza it would look a lot like that :p

Keep it up mate

awesome job mate. i shall be gettin me a hdi cooler after xmas hopefully. just realised that your from hatfield... i went to uni there and live just down the A1.

as al said, yours makes me want a black one instead! lol

cheers for the kind comments guys :p

the hdi intercooler is really good but would definitely recommend getting rid of the air con otherwise you have to butcher a perfectly good bumper :p

scutchO i also go to that uni, and it awesome they are all back and i have seen a few v's around hopefuly be able to speak to a few.

keep up the work mate.. nice to know there is someone else local!

haha now i know there are others near lol :p ,

only ever saw one or two but always driving- chased an ep82 the other day with red rims with a chrome lip but it was a bit far away for me to catch up.