• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cheers buddy :surrender:

little update on the situation the timing isn't as far out as i thought... my ebc wasn't plumed in right so now that's sorted there is a pick up in boost and feels a lot better, the timing i think is still out but hopefully Jules-B will be giving me a hand with that

had it on the RR today and got a nasty result it managed a peak power of 125.4hp :drunk2: so overall i'm running under stock power... this is only because my car is over fueling majorly and drowning the engine.

those who no AFR's i'm running 10.5afr at just under 5000revs at 0.7 bar!

i produced more power at 0.5 bar then at 0.7 because of the over fueling lol

there was a guy with a glanza who had run a couple of months ago with very similar afr's but he was running 1.2bar so i'm fueling the same as a 1.2 glanza at 0.7 LMAO!

Not good!!

Get it sorted asap dude! Good luck with it! :(

cheers mate all will be sorted soon i'm sure

Just read the entire topic and Uma is absolutely gorgeous matey, i hope you get the little problems sorted out because a reading like that is defo not good!! :drunk2:

As you said mate Black V's FTW!

LOL black v rule...when they work

right JulesB has come to the rescue and we have diagnosed all the problems

1) my cam timing is out by 10degree's...so cam belt off quick twist and back on and my timing will be spot on again :)

2) my sps mani isnt quite flush so i have a very small boost leak so that will be off and skimmed and that will help towards my crappy boost.

once all the above are sorted that should sort out my silly fueling problem and i will be back and boosting like nobody business :surrender:

• 3 weeks later...

update time again :)

timing is now sorted, and car is running so much better!...

but didn't get time to sort the boost leak out or the over fueling, but it's booked in and all will be sorted soon...turned the boost to stock 0.6 and it still shifts lol

as my mani is mild steal when warm it expands so fills the gap...so no boost leak lol so when it's all warmed up it's a good'n but cold she's a bitch to drive LOL

here are some piccy for you all to have a gander:

Danes (sps) manifold

danemani.jpg

fitted (with hybrid)

DSCF0231.jpg

my lovely new gauges and pillar pod

DSCF0224.jpg

HDI boost controller

DSCF0226.jpg

RARB

DSCF0227.jpg

Razo shifter lol- love this thing!

DSCF0229.jpg

Greddy sandwich plate and fse rrfpr

DSCF0237.jpg

DSCF0236.jpg

think that's about it, will update soon when i sort my car out 100% will then get it back on the RR just to check fueling and hope to see around 160-170 at 0.8bar :D

Looking good Chris, your ARB looks a bit too high from the back though. I think it needs to be flat but I'm not too sure if its necessary! I see you also got a Razo nob in the end then! :D

I look forward to more progress!! :D

Ps - Where did you get the sandwich plate from and how much? PM me :)

cheers buddy,

i'm not sure on the arb? it's a fixed one if that makes any difference? and yeah mark(glanza.co.uk) came through with the perfect one at a bargain price! couldn't say no lol

pm'd bout sandwich plate :D

i'm not sure on the arb? it's a fixed one if that makes any difference?

It should make a difference in theory...

I had one modified for my ep71 and wasn't even near to flat :thumbsup:

but I didn't noticed any difference on a mates ep81...

so it would be fine :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
Very nice car you got there matey!

cheers dude B)

It should make a difference in theory...

I had one modified for my ep71 and wasn't even near to flat :)

but I didn't noticed any difference on a mates ep81...

so it would be fine :)

i'm not sure if it is suposed to be flat but either way i have noticed a big difference...my car used to allways understear but now i go round in one lol still havnt pushed it to the limit yet.

UPDATE while i'm here:

it's back at Pacific Works being tinkered with again, manifold is off and has been measured and the face has worped a bit ;) it's out by about 1mil either side, i was hoping it wasn't as now i have to pay a bit more for it to be skimmed but at least it will be back together and running puuurfect again lol

also this is what probably has been causing the over fueling as when i come onto boost and it leaks causing a pressure drop the ecu has been sensing it and trying to compensate...but just resulting in drowning the engine.

so Jules had a spare standard regulator which has gone on so i wont be needing my FSE regulator.

hello buddy

mint glanza v love it but then again its the same as mind mate great minds think alike buddy.lol. :) ;) B):)

lol cheers mate, it is a bit weird that there is another so similar to my own lol

Yeah the Manifold was like a Banana!!!.

Im sorry i wasnt around to help you out with stuff, im sure Luke took care of you though.

Let me know if you need anything else.

lol Luke showed me the pictures i couldn't believe it was out that much...madness! lol

it's all good dude i'v got your regulator on by the way, Luke is looking for your old injectors do you still have them?

• 2 weeks later...

Right i think i have actually found the problem with my car!

after replacing the injectors, resetting the dizzy timing, playing with the throttle idle, replacing the distributor and doing another diagnostic test it has thrown up error code 14 (ignition/amp) so i have replaced everything apart from the coilpack and dizzy... so i have sourced a second hand coilpack (thanks to the ledge that is Jay) and will order a new rota arm and dizzy cap together and that should be the end of all my problems!!!!

it's weird but i am actually happy a fault code came up lol, the last time we tried it didn't show anything so for the first time in over two months my car might be running right.

but my car being the pain in the arse she is this morning my fourth injector started pissing fuel everywhere so i have to wait till Tuesday to get some new grommets and o rings to stop the leak :)

oh i love my car! lol

1) my cam timing is out by 10degree's...so cam belt off quick twist and back on and my timing will be spot on again :mellow:

hi mate, how does the car drive with the cam timing out? im starting to think that mine might be out slightly... can you describe why you suspected that, and has it worked?

hi mate, how does the car drive with the cam timing out? im starting to think that mine might be out slightly... can you describe why you suspected that, and has it worked?

drove like shite tbh, there was no power unless you really reved it, like redlining it.

there felt like there was no torque, you could put your foot to the floor and it just done nothing.

also the engine would get stupidly hot very quickly as the cams were almost overlapping.

the cams were re aligned and cambelt put back on dizzy timing re set and that sorted that problem.

why do you think your cam timing is out? you had the cams out the head recently?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

lol Devil car... right update time again...

problem is solved yay! but my car is running silly rich and i do nothing but pop flames at the moment... as good and fun as that sounds i only get 70miles to half a tank!!! (town driving only thought lol) and is making my car a bit boggy when cold so...

I got a new fuel filter, new fuel pump and a lamber sensor to go next week hopefully.

also new parts wise i will be getting a HKS evc6 put on oooo, and i have managed to find my self an original oem duck spoiler :lol: which is already on the car and i will put up picks tomorrow :p