Right thought it was about time i started a thread about my car, so here it goes:

i have a black 97 glanza v aka Uma- the black mamba, slowly modding it up this is how it was when i bought it:

IMGP1572.jpg

mega standard, apart from a blitz nur spec exhaust, nd tinted rear windows

then i decided to buy some alloys- i know rota grids are well over used now but i still really like them and in my opinion they look good, also slapped on some clear side lights nd chrome indicator bulbs:

IMGP1579.jpg

looking much better me thinks ;)

IMGP1580-1.jpg

also fiited a autogauge boost gauge and hks mushroom filter.

IMGP1621.jpg

next up to fit:

braced de-cat

IMGP1614.jpg

hks actuator

IMGP1618.jpg

hdi fmic (cheers tucka)

IMGP1623.jpg

zep racing reverse carbon scoop:

IMGP1620.jpg

and hks bov, will fit all the above when my bov comes through the post

also have a jam fcd to fit but no point until i get a rrpfr and manifold then i can get it set up at 1bar on the RR

...so what do people think?

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know most people don't like it but I think tinted rear lights would match the car, aslong as they're done properly.

Either that or some late spec lenses ;)

oh forgot to say i am investing in some late spec lights not the clear ones but the reflect ones ;)

do the centre caps not fit on your wheels mate ?

its a common problem with rota grids they didn't make centre caps big enough for the glanza's lol, i rang up and they said they should have some new ones in a couple of weeks

Some choice parts there mate ;)

Looking forward to seeing it lowered ;)

Also put spacers on the wheels and hey presto the centre caps fit :p

cheers mate, cant wait to get it lowered either. thought about spacers, but dont really no where to get them from, had a bit of a poke around but thought if they are going to sort it out i might as well wait.

small update fitted my hks actuator and hks bov, sounds lovely and now i am boostin just under fuel cut.

fitting the actuator was the most time consuming and most pissing annoying thing ever!, getting it all off was the easy part getting it back on was the hard part, i couldn't for the life of me get the air hose back onto the turbo then trying to get the c clip on and off while trying to adjust the actuator was a nightmare- first attempt with the actuator i boosted right over 1bar :lol: so then i was back to trying to set it up.

got so annoyed fiddling around with the c clip i used the ep82 end adjusted and fabricated up my own 8mm nut and nylon bolt so all i have to do is undo the bolt wind the actuator around and do the bolt back up :( so much easier! i will get pics up soon.

next up is to fit the fmic and de-cat never got round to doing it the other day so that is next up on my list.

• 2 weeks later...

Right haven't updated in a while as i have been waiting ages to get my car in the garage to get the coilovers sorted etc, so got rid of my jic magic coilovers and got these instead:

IMGP1640.jpg

IMGP1642.jpg

Apex gen 2's, really nice set of coilovers they are 32 way damp adjustable, i have them set on there softest setting at the moment because i am a pussy lol ;) but they are pretty dam firm even on the soft setting. put them onto the hardest setting and took it for a spin last night down this road which has about 4 roundabout but the road isnt used that much and it handled amazingly a bit of over steer but it was all good lol.

this is how much i have lowered it

Before:

IMGP1579.jpg

After:

IMGP1653.jpg

IMGP1649.jpgIMGP1650.jpg

it looks so much better now!

also put in my decat

IMGP1651.jpg

IMGP1652.jpg

can feel a lot more throttle response and acceleration seems to have improved, next up is to actually get my fmic on!

WOW where do you get all these bits ;)

Looks so much better but I would have it lower :o

lower! it is so much lower in real life looking at the photo's it doesn't seem to low.

plus i live round nothing but speed bumps so can't really go any lower ;)

nd ebay is my friend lol :p

looks incredible mate, really

those coillies are a lovely piece of work too

thanks si, i must say i am impressed at the quality of the coilovers made a huge

difference to the handling! i couldn't believe how bad it handled until i got the coilies on lol

plus having the 32 way damp adjustability you can actually get a pretty comfy ride ;)