Well the stick is definatly bent to the right. If you looked down on it and imagined a clock dial around it. 6 oclock would be directly down and the shifter seems to sit at about 5oclock so maybe it is a TRD.. BONUS !! haha

Thanks for that :(

09092008190lk6.jpg

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if it doesn't have lsd the wheels should pretty much spin with ease either side, out of gear with just a push with your hands, cant say it has lsd as i dont on mine so couldn t tell you what it would be like, but i can tell what is like without :(

Yea it should just spin freely i thought to as my other cars have done when ive been checkin if the wheel bearing was gone or not.. This i needed 2 hands. And also the Driveshafts look very similar in length.. Ill have to get the whole front end up and try it then just to make 100% sure :D

And yes i am a lucky get :( haha.. had a right little bargain with this car with so much hidden extra's .. Anyone lookin to buy should get 1 from where i got mine haha..

sweet if you have an LSD...im not convinced thats a trd shifter tho...i doubt it would have that bigger bend in to be honest...short shifters are basically..straight...may be wrong tho...also about where the lever sits, yes trd's do go to the right...but you could get a standard one to do that, by having a play/adjusting the cables, when its all disconnected.

No new bulbs.. Just removed the green sleeves over the stock bulbs so they emit white not green light.. maybe thats why my needles are quite bright.

Need some silvatec bulbs for my indicators now. Local Parts shop had em cheap but only had the offset lug'd bulbs whereas mine are 12oclock and 6oclock (opposite each other)

Argh.

No new bulbs.. Just removed the green sleeves over the stock bulbs so they emit white not green light.. maybe thats why my needles are quite bright.

Need some silvatec bulbs for my indicators now. Local Parts shop had em cheap but only had the offset lug'd bulbs whereas mine are 12oclock and 6oclock (opposite each other)

Argh.

Hmm might give that a try, although I repainted my needles and don't know if they'll still light up as the paint that was on them looked like special reflective stuff.

Also the bulbs for the indicators in our cars are the offset pin one's, mine were anyway?

Just had a quote from lifesure lol £546 fully comp!!! I would suggest you all try those if u need a renewal as they were massively cheaper than anywhere else.. Half in fact.. Most quotes i got were over £1k .. Ive got 0NCB. License held since august 2000. 7k miles per year with cat 1 alarm/immobiliser.. Im shocked !! surely it cant be right B)

Ive got 30 days from now so ill be ringin them back very soon :)

Mine are the opposite pins Wallace. Had a pair of Silvertec 1's come though today along with my HID kit. Bulbs were a fiver off ebay and are perfect :D .. HID kit is goin on sunday hopefully with the help of my electrical master brother :D . And also just fitted my Cable KMH-MPH converter and that working sweet. Nice and accurate.

More to come :D

Edit : Oops i forgot. Jacked the whole front end up today to have a nose about. I do have an LSD (both wheels turn together when off the ground) Also on the driveshafts are Green coloured (i havent got a clue what to call them) just before where they go into the gearbox. About 3inch's round. I Remember seeing something about different brands of LSD so wondered if they were a hint to a particular make or if it was a toyota LSD.

Cheers

Yea the HKS is starting to get old and ive only driven it a few short distances.. Dont like everyone lookin lol.. Anyone recommend a decent not to OVER THE TOP BOV ?

And if anyone wants my HKS ill take £90 +4% if using paypal :D

PS. Cheers for the info on the LSD.. Factory LSD is better than no LSD and yet another bonus on the list :D

Dials are mint Ryan mate.. Easy to fit too £65 inc delivery from thebay :D

Got my new headunit today.. Was an unexpected buy but at £300 delivered i couldnt say no so the other things i had planned will hav to wait until next month. Only problem i have is that i cant get the old brackets to fit so its just balanced in there at the minute until i figure something else out.. Unless anyone has any tips :lol:

19092008198op2.jpg

Its a Pioneer AVIC X1R with built in Sat Nav

Still figuring it all out but is very nice.

EDIT : After some fiddling etc it is now fully secured and working like a charm :p ..

LOL.. Yea ive gone for the Toad 1 in the end.. very nice too..

Installed my HID kit yesterday with the help of my bro.. OH my god :lol: .. If you aint already got 1, GET IT.. ITs amazing.. Pure brilliant white light and so bright !!

Heres a pic that does it no justice at all whatsoever.

20092008203hq7.jpg