Well guys im just about to put a deposit down on this little beauty. 61k miles, full exhaust system, i dont know what make. But my deposit is 100% secure and if the car is not what i expect when i go and see it i will have my deposit back. Possibly 1 of the nicest people ive talked to about these cars and totally genuine. Here are some pics, not taken by me.

Hope you like.

9a8a_1.JPG

c4b6_1.JPG

a37e_1.JPG

Let me know your thougts :) .. £3000 well spent ?

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers pav mate.. thats what pursuaded me with this, totally standard engine and its clean as a whistle.. Only 1 thing thats been putting me off with these imports is that they all seem to be registered as 1.3 starlets.. How does this work with the insurance etc ? am i ok aslong as i say its an imported turbo 1.3 Glanza V ?

My luck is not the best and i know if i didnt declare it id get stung further down the line.

not sure how the insurance works, theres so many different stories...

but the car looks great mate, and the engine.. i mean, WOW.. rolled out of the factory? with those miles i guess thats possible :)

looks pretty neat mate glad you found one and black too!- my favorite colour of glanza, has this been on ebay? nd 3000 is a very good price

insurance wise as long as you state it is a turbo you are fine, a lot of company's don't have a glanza on the system so it goes by a specific insurance group i think i remember mine was 14? but i can't really remember

yea its off ebay.. hes removing it off the for me later.. I told him i had £3000 and he knocked it down from the buy it now of £3600 :) .. so happy with that..

Yea i thought id be ok aslong as i made quite clear that it was an import turbo.. so hopefully that should be fine.. Theory test 2moro so wish me luck :)

yea its off ebay.. hes removing it off the for me later.. I told him i had £3000 and he knocked it down from the buy it now of £3600 :) .. so happy with that..

Yea i thought id be ok aslong as i made quite clear that it was an import turbo.. so hopefully that should be fine.. Theory test 2moro so wish me luck :)

So this is gonna be your first car? If so, Dayum! Take your time getting used to it mate, they're not slow lol

Good luck with the theory mate :)

lol.. u guys couldnt have read my post about me losing my license all those years ago.. 8 Years infact.. Had 9 points so had license revoked under the new drivers act but have been told by the DVLA when i get my full license again it will be dated from the time i first passed my test. My license is clean and i have nothing to declare to insurance companies as it is over 5 years ago. Im 26 in october and when the insurance ask me for the date i passed my test it will be on my license saying sometime in 2000 :) .. nothing to worry about there chaps..

And speed is fine, ive been driving my gf's lupo gti recently (legally of course :) ) and thats a nippy lil car so im sure i can handle all the glanza can throw at me..

Cheers for your concerns tho :)

lol.. u guys couldnt have read my post about me losing my license all those years ago.. 8 Years infact.. Had 9 points so had license revoked under the new drivers act but have been told by the DVLA when i get my full license again it will be dated from the time i first passed my test. My license is clean and i have nothing to declare to insurance companies as it is over 5 years ago. Im 26 in october and when the insurance ask me for the date i passed my test it will be on my license saying sometime in 2000 :) .. nothing to worry about there chaps..

And speed is fine, ive been driving my gf's lupo gti recently (legally of course :) ) and thats a nippy lil car so im sure i can handle all the glanza can throw at me..

Cheers for your concerns tho :)

Ah yes I remember reading a thread a while ago about that, totally slipped my mind! Sounds like you'll be more than ready for it then mate. Let us know how you get on with it :)

tbh i would pay anything upto £1000.. Another stumbling block which my brother has just mentioned was when i actually go and pick the car up.. I was thinking either take my brother or my gf as they have fully comp insurance on their cars. My bro just said that the car would need to be insured also so that the person can drive it back, even tho they are covered to drive any car third party.. Is that correct ? how can i go about this ? insure the car for a day ?

Any help would be great.. Thanks peeps ;)

D

Cheers for the kind words guys ;) .. yea deffo pop down when i get it sparky mate..

Help on the insurance would be ace guys.. ? any ideas at all ? or am i better off getting 1 of them to ring and enquire ?

tbh i would pay anything upto £1000.. Another stumbling block which my brother has just mentioned was when i actually go and pick the car up.. I was thinking either take my brother or my gf as they have fully comp insurance on their cars. My bro just said that the car would need to be insured also so that the person can drive it back, even tho they are covered to drive any car third party.. Is that correct ? how can i go about this ? insure the car for a day ?

Any help would be great.. Thanks peeps ;)

D

From what i know your bro is right in saying the car has to be insured, before someone can drive it 3rd party. If you can either try and get short term insurance, or if you know anyone with a car trailor you could tow it back???

Matt

Oh forgot to add very tidy car by the way :p

Again thanks for all the comments ;) .. Like a kid at xmas and have been all day :p haha..

Near newport starly mate.. lil place just up from risca.

Ive asked sky insurance about a 1 day policy or what other options i have so fingers crossed on that..

Just about to do another practice theory lol :p

very clean starlet there mate and welcome to the dark side of the black v :p

your bro is defo right the car must have a policey to be coverd third party when driven by anyone fully comp on there policey.

a good company to try is tett-hamilton. you can get the number from the back of banzai mag and other places. they are very fussy about who the cover must be 21+ clean licence ect but i had my first v at 21 fully comp £650 group 17 covered as starlet import glanza v turbo. so you should have no probs.

hope that helps a little ;)

cheers all ;) .. loads of plans haha.. got some indiglo dials coming and hopefully a jam FCD. Then im looking for a HKS SSQV and an Apexi Filter. Will have to wait til next month then for the next installment of parts :p haha..

Any ideas about what alarm to get ? i liked the look of the Viper that Hawaii had on his black Glanza.

Shit about the insurance tho.. How do people manage when they buy a new car ? ring up the insruance company on the side of the road and get a policy ? Thats what has been puzzling me.

Any how it looks as tho ill have to try and get something sorted for the trip home.

Ill take more pics when she comes and as the mods develop :p