Yea im chuffed to bits with it all.

The exhaust is very nice. Its not in your face like most stainless exhausts. Its nice n deep. Excellent IMO.

Will put some new pics up a bit later if the rain holds off ;)

Having trouble gettin the dash off. Got about an inch of play from the speedo cable so my hands cant get in there to see what to do :S argh.

P.S. The sticker on the inside of the drivers door says ABS(then sum japanese)LSD.

Does that mean i also hav an LSD ??

Another bonus perhaps hehe :p

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe they all say LSD on that plate so to check just jack the one side of the car up and if the wheel doesnt turn out of gear then it has a LSD I believe ;)

Also removing the Dials is a bit of a bitch, need to unplug three plugs and then squeeze your hand in and turn the speedo connector anticlockwise about a quarter of a turn

lol.. at last ive done it. Bit of elec help from my bro and now we are all glowing blue ;). If only i knew what the speedo cable end looked like i would have had it done in minutes. Need to push and pull lol.. should have remembered from my old VW days.

Back together again now. Onward and upward. Ill take some pics 2nite. Shame i couldnt go anywhere more scenic than outside my house but im not insured or hav a license lol.

Ahh, I did a google and a wiki came up about Rays but wasnt sure. Cheers Si. I think im gonna have to sell these at some point tho. Not my kinda wheel and altho i dont think they look that bad ive got my heart set on a set of alloys.

Especially for Sparky

The Indiglo's

06092008187ls4.jpg

Couldnt go wrong for £65 delivered really. And the stock lights on mine were really drab and dim green so these make it looks spectacular at night. I left them full brightness and d/connected the dimmer switch as i thought it would look a bit naff and out of place.

Easy to get on and install too. Hardest part was getting my hands behind the dash to take out the speedo cable :(

Would any Coilover C spanner work ? I dont seem to have 1 for my Coily's. Are they expensive ?

cheers all.

Edit < Just noticed that i have a Momo Corse Oil filter .. Hmm.. googled and couldnt even find a momo oil filter haha.. o well :(

They look sweet mate!!!

Pretty sure you could get away with using any C spanner but it depends I suppose, I have lost my D2 ones but my mates have a few different coilover setups if your stuck mate :(

Be handy that sparky mate if you could lend 1 one weekend :( ..

I Just fitted the HKS SSQV i got from spoonz.. Very loud but i think maybe the spring is very loose as it *whooshes* alot. I was looking for the "flutter" sound most people seem to get with the HKS. Dont want it dumping as easy as it does. Is it hard to adjust ?

Also does it make it "flutter" more if you have an induction kit instead of the standard enclosed filter ?

Gotta get some silvatec bulbs 2moro then ill take a pic of it with the clear indicator lenses :(

Fitted the clear lenses today and also practically took half the dash off just to have a poke about :(

Heres some pics.

09092008191jq3.jpg

Lenses :(

09092008192oy3.jpg

Is that standard gear setup ? ?

09092008193gq1.jpg

Is this an optional extra or do most have them ?

More pics as the mods increase ;)

Cheers for that Si. I asked about the gear linkage etc as compared to any other car ive driven it seems very close and a nice solid feel to it. Hardly any play at all. Are they really that good standard ? Or am i just not use to how the japanese gearboxes work ?

Compared to my gf's lupo GTI, My old mk2 golf and my mates 106GTI it seems a huge difference in feel to all of em.

To get the flutter you would need an open filter mate yes

Looking good some more nice extra's :(

And yes compared to pugs etc the linkages are very tight, my mates love my gearbox as they have pugs etc :( ;)

Can try my TRD short shift when I come down to see if they are the same :(

To check if its a trd short shifter unit look directly above it and if the stick is bent to the right like more to the drivers side it will be a trd unit. Or you could remove one of the bolts that hold the plastic bit down, if there are metal washers under it rather than rubber chances are it will be a trd unit.

Looks minted by the way....enjoy it.