• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a quick non upgrade/performance update :p .. Smoked a few cars over the last few days.. 206GTI,Punto Grande Sport,Celica 1.8VVTI and a suzuki ignis sport :p haha.. Pleased so far.

Skint now so mods/upgrades have been put on hold for a while. Have been told by the guy in Osaka Autodesign in cardiff i could get £350-400 just for my wheels as they are a popular upgrade to civics etc. And have been given a price on a nice set of Volk Replica's in white :p.. Time to save now.

ooo now that has got me tempted :p I gotta agree they are done to death sadly :p .. Those on the white livesports glanza for sale on here are the sex !

Currently have my old 17" rims on the back now as i snapped off the valve in tescos while tryin to put some air in :p

Sweet ;) .. Had some mixed things happen this weekend. Car started enjoying fuelcut was the beginning of the bad things, I bought a new boost guage from halfords to check my boost and im at about 11/12 psi which is a bit high and thats why im getting fuelcut. Strange how i havent even touched the boost apart from bypassing the hi/lo solenoid.

The omori guage i had of Harrison seems to be broken or something as the new guage works perfectly with the same pipe i had. The omori guage just seemed to settle wherever it wanted to, rather than where it should. Whereas the Halfords 1 is - psi then goes to 0 psi when i accelerate then when i boost it tells me exactly what i want. Might have to PM ecksjay bout it as it cost me £50 and it aint working right. Unless im missing something of course ? ?

Then today someone decided to use the side of my front bumper as a guage to how close they could get, so got a nice scrape deep into the bumper and small bit of paint off the wing. Had an quote of £175 for the wing and bumper which is a bit steep IMO.. Soo im looking for either a new 98 bumper (if they fit str8 on) or someone who can do me a nice job for a nice price.

On the good side of things, i have today ordered a Toytuning adjustable actuator,RRFPR with guage and am gonna book it in for a RR to get it all sorted.

Hopefully i can enjoy the car again soon :p

Ahh shame mate, best PM Ecks about that, strange...

You may experience fuel cut quite alot due to the drop in temperature as winter is settling in

Hope you get it all sorted dude so you can enjoy her ;)

Do the 98 bumpers fit straight on ? Or do any of you lot know a good cheapish bodyshop around who can do it ?

Yea its hit n miss with the fuel cut sometimes.. Seems to do it more often when i put normal unleaded in, would that make a difference ?

I enjoyed it a bit 2nite. It was running quite sweet today now ive filled it to the brim with super ;).

Strange things cars... gotta love em :p

the 98 bummper should fit straight on fella, sucks about the damage though. you should run your car on super bud. its best suited to the car because jap fuel is 100 ron and super is 99 ron

lol.. So fogs and grille are different ? and brackets ? grr.. i may just leave it for now as i cant afford £175 to get it resprayed as i need to get this fuelcut sorted first..

Yea i was skint 1 day so i put in normal UL.. Another thing my car smells.. exhaust gas wise i mean. Nothing bad i doubt, maybe something to do with fuelcut and or Unleaded petrol etc.

I will be using Super expensive unleaded from now on tho ;) .. almost put v-power in the other day 117.9p a litre :p hahaha

cheers guys

• 1 month later...

Hello all.. quick update.. after talking to a few of the lads at our lil meet im gonna leave the fuel cut as it is for now and save up to get an Emanage or something so that im ready for any future upgrades i do..

Probably after xmas now.

Still need to put my new actuator on so if any kind soul would like to help ill gladly pay in beer or other acceptable currency :) .. I could do it on my own but would rather someone with experience of doing it make sure its done right.

And on another positive note im just about to go pick up a bride bucket with rail for £20 + my current drivers seat :p

BARGAIN !

haha.

Ill get some pics of it when i get back.

Sadly the pics dont do it justice so will get a fresh 1 up 2moro morning/afternoon

21112008224.jpg

Well happy.. 1 of the comfiest seats ive sat in :)

I also bought a standard re-circ as i thought mine was naffed but i dont think it is. Problem im getting is that it seems to let off pressure to easy.. Ive heard people say the baileys dump valves open when your cruising down the motorway at 70ish. Well mine does the same, its so damn annoying. When i first had the car it was a nice lil whoosh at high boost but now, even with the new(2nd hand) 1 on it still dumps far to easy.

Is there another problem somewhere else or is it just doing what its supposed to ?

I also bought a standard re-circ as i thought mine was naffed but i dont think it is. Problem im getting is that it seems to let off pressure to easy.. Ive heard people say the baileys dump valves open when your cruising down the motorway at 70ish. Well mine does the same, its so damn annoying. When i first had the car it was a nice lil whoosh at high boost but now, even with the new(2nd hand) 1 on it still dumps far to easy.

Is there another problem somewhere else or is it just doing what its supposed to ?

It may just be the spring that needs replacing. My old forge one used to open down the motorway, so i got a tougher spring for it. The fairly basic bailey/forge ones aren't really meant for much over standard boost. What one have you got mate? Get some more pics of the seats up too mate, they look a bargain!

Joe

Cheers guys.. heres a better pic in daylight.. still camera phone crappynes

22112008227.jpg

Could do with a nice clean up and a lil bit of the stitching coming undone but for £20 its a steal :)

As for the Re-circ its the original so i cant put a new spring in. May try without a re-circ but not sure what pipes to block etc and how to block em.

ITs soo annoying tho driving thru residential area's over speed bumps and everytime i take my foot off the accelerator *Whoosh*.. its kind of embarrasing lol.

There was another bride seat with rail there i could hav had too.. same price, this 1 had a greay centre piece but was dirtier.. suppose it could have been cleaned up.. was nice too..

Yea im gonna hav to invest in an adjustable 1.. what types/makes are adjustable ? i know the HKS i had wasnt.