Sparky's Carbon Clad Glanza Replica

Cars off the road :rolleyes:

Having gearbox trouble, think the diff is about to collapse

In two minds to keep the car off the road and FTE it but I have no money

Also I finish uni next week and need to find a job which would mean i need transport :rolleyes:

But theres a Starlet breaking with 50k on the clock so may just get the complete engine and box to save hassle as my engine is wanked anyway

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish FTE was an option right now guys, seems like the right time to get it done but I have no money and really need the car ASAP if im going to get a job over the summer break

Will have a look about for a 5E now but cant see me finding a decent one...id be happy with a "fresher" 4efe with low mileage though ;)

Will keep you all uupdated

P.S found out yesterday its definitley the diff....could of been worse could of collapsed coming from JAPfest!!!

But theres a Starlet breaking with 50k on the clock so may just get the complete engine and box to save hassle as my engine is wanked anyway

thats the best way to do it sparks... i found it much easier just pulling the old engine out and putting new engine in, than juts trying to pull just the box out, i did the complete swap in 4 hours drive in and drive out. (but i had to reuse my old box so had to swap it onto new motor and change clutch at the same time)

Im looking into it Rich....just found another one breaking with 43k on the clock...but its £300 for the lot delievered

Have to have words with the old man but hes on about rebuilding the diff ;)

Mate im working on it ;)

Need to get some made oh and need money to pay for them :D

Gearbox being ripped apart tomorrow

I DONT believe in replacing broke parts with standard parts so hopefully will have a Quaife LSD going in there thanks to Rick

Thats if the diff is naffed

Hopefully it is :D

Gearbox is out... the diff cracked the gearbox casing :p

It also fucked a wheel bearing and stubb axle so need those aswell :unsure:

Oh and a clutch... hopefully the old man is stripping the gear box and then see if the LSD Rick has got will fit an n/a box, may also get an uprated clutch :D

Will keep you posted

lolz that pic didnt work for me last time I checked the thread :D

Still looking for just a gearbox Bourk mate :p

Also need a clutch, wheel bearing and stubb axle (the diff wrecked the wheel bearing and stubb axle)but they will be brand new :unsure: