Sparky's Carbon Clad Glanza Replica

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

woohooo now thats wot i call some PROGRESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!! at long feckin last sparkdog!!!!!!!!!! thats more like it!!!

now my good fellow, i only have one thing to say at this point in time...KEEP IT FRICKIN UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i want MORE progress!!!

MORE DAMMIT LEWIS MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Phil.

Another little update

My dad came off a 14 hour night shift yesterday when he helped me and he put the back brake pipes on the front because he was tired :p:p

That is being done as we speak and the TRD Quickshift is on :p

More updates and pics to come as im going down there now :p

Right got a bit done again yesterday and ran into a few problems aswell :p

As I said above he put the wrong brake pipes on the front which means they must be for discs so we went to fit them to the rear and guess what.....they are for rear discs :p:p

Anyway the right pipes are on the front now but I'm thinking of selling the rear pipes but my Dad said to keep them for a rear discs conversion but if hes not paying for it then thats out the window :p:D

Another problem... the inlet mani I bought ages ago (see pics) needs a different throttle boby and I'm NOT spending anymore money on the car where I dont need to so that is for sale aswell :p And I broke the throttle body gasket so another little something I need now!!!

Anyway heres some pics of what we got done

Quickshift on (feels good :D) the panels are staying off until they are painted to match the rest of interior

08092007178.jpg

Front headlight panel De-spotwelded as its slightly bent

lightpanelrightwayup.jpg

Pic of wheel on the car with nuts :D

08092007183.jpg

The mani that is for sale

08092007179.jpg

And my car in its home

08092007180.jpg

Oh and I have my indicators up here ready to spray the insides black and next weekend I will get the headlights done :p

Thanks for reading

Indicators ready to be primed and sprayed :p

12092007193.jpg

(Just the outside edges being painted black with the inside being left chrome...hopefully doing the headlights to match aslong as I can get them apart OK ;) )

• 3 weeks later...

Thought I'd update my thread a little ;)

Toby is wanting another £42 off me for my late spec Glanza rear lights to be shipped so guess im gonna have to pay that :)

New front panel is on (more or less I think) havent been to see the car for a while so its more or less ready to get put together and painted ;)

test date t minus 4 weeks today!!!! So I gota bit of time yet :p