need new header for forum and front page

ok people the site should be ready by this time next week,

thing is ive been mesmarised by pics of prangers ride and was wandering if any of you would mind having a stab at a new header incorporating prangers car as the car of uksc,

prangers thred

it matches the colour skeem and the car works so well with the graphics etc

i know we have some natural talent on here(lobo,miracle,gaz)

if any of you feel up to the task i feel it would finnish off the site nicely

or if you guys have any different other ideas for a header that would be minted,

there is nothing wrong with the one we have at the mo but id like it all to be different for the front page aswell

please give me some feedback guys

G

I thought we had decided on using pop orange for the scheme?

Also you'll need to set guidlines ie dimensions. And also is there a way to make the banner resize depending on the users screen resolution?

id love to use the pop orange theme but it would not be set as a default as too many people think that orange is too sore on the eyes for reading posts,

how big do you think it should be? id think should be alot biggar than it actualy is, definatly deaper,

a mate has a hi res pic of the uksc thrash last year on his comp, that could be good?

there is a way of making the banner fit to size im just not sure how, a mate can help with that.

my computer died... and the warranty company were being gay and didnt do anything to it for 3 weeks... so i only just got it back... i had to go an collect it too!! <_<

• 1 month later...
Guest Enzo

ok dudes and dudets,

is anyone willing to give a hand with this, lee haskings is waiting for a new logo and finalisation on colour skeems, the rest is gravy and ready to go!!!! woohoo!!!

lee haskings

Who's lee haskings? Any particular dimensions? Have you sorted it to resize for different resolutions? I'll have a bash again. When you say colour schemes are being finalised does that mean there's a colour scheme to follow for the logo, if so can we get some hex colour codes?

Sorry for all the questions.

Adrian

Guest Enzo

no thats sound Adrian, i should have been more specific.

lee haskings is a web designer who has overseen every evolution of uksc.

about the colour, i like orange as do a number of us but the majority prefer blue, as its alot easyer on the eye, that could also be the reason for a few people coming over from tgtt.

id have to go with the majority.

dimensions wise id love a bigger picture at the top with alot of detail but its up to you. remember the starlet thrash, i have a hi res pic of that if that is any use?

whatever you do produce will be resized to fit so there is nothing wrong there.

tbh there is nothing wrong with the current banner at the top, its minted,

if orange is the victor ill get the hex colour codes fired off to you

id just like something totaly outstanding for a banner that would look leageus better then anything on tgtt. your more than capable judging from your past work lobo :lol:

any closer to getting a glanza bro?

Dunno, might have to wait a bit longer. The money I've got saved now is maybe going towards a month in Oz to see my mates that are travelling around the world. If it turns out we aren't going then hopefully quite soon.

I'll mock up a couple in Orange and Blue. Hopefully I've got my creative head on tonight :lol:

i had a quick go this morning at some header designs...

86b96825.jpg

d8ed02d9.jpg

blue theme:

3a20c5ad.jpg

blue with graidient:

86bae618.jpg

orange theme:

31ca017c.jpg

orange with graidient:

94bf2aa5.jpg

these are the only ones which seemed to do it for me... the others were a bit poo.

are these any good geo? or are you after something a bit more special?

Rich.

I really like the two gradiented ones mate!! Good show!

Only thing I can think of is they might be the wrong aspect ratio for the header and look odd when stretched. (but sure it wouldn't take long to fix)

Guest Enzo

they are sound as rich, thanx for havin a bash mate, looking for an actual pic with no filters over it. if you know what i mean, something like streetracers sig but not if you know.

prangers ride could be one of the rides good enuf to go with the site because of its colour. or the pic from the thrash?

or somehow a pic with a few minted starlets from this site.........im totaly ranting on sorry.

i have had a minted idea though....if you could put the url on those i could use them for flyer logos for the front page for people to print off and keep in the car to pass onto other ep'yers???:lol:

let me know what you think