My 5dr N/A......"Bob"

It would be a pleasure working on ste, if you get the stuff :thumbsup:

I`ll ask rick to see if he wants to meet me at mine n we might head down to yours together at around 11ish or so? ill bash u a text when i leave, when are the rest arriving?

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bit pricey at £23 odd...you get 3x small clay bars + a box for them, quite a big microfibre cloth, the detailing spray, and a small bottle of wax?

He said he`ll be at mine from 11-12 so when he comes we`ll head down....i did the whole bonnet and if anything i can see the swirl marks more but its REALLY smooth and shiney it also beads all the water well.

Will take some pics tomorrow :surrender:

I clayed the roof, tailgate, wings....just the doors left now (it was toooo cold)

Must say its made 100% diff, so smooth n shiney when you look at it n all the shit that come off :lol:

Going to tackle the swirl marks now....this is the main task!! (that funkin car wash place made everything worse!!)

Yup....i looked at the car before i clayed it n you can just see shit loads of feint scratches where they were using the neverbeenwashed fakelambswool mit...... :lol:

I need to get a polisher if i want it to look spotless, dont have that many man hours to do it by hand.

Fussy git :lol:. Could be because Dub went before you and his car was UBER dirty. The suds were actually brown when they were washing his car.

Why don't you get a high speed buffer and do the whole car with it? That should make it shiney. Or keep doing the 3 step system that i do.

Bourkey.

Yeah get it crystal clear like mine was before we went driving. It was still fairly clean but the bumper at the front takes a bashing on country roads. All the little stones chip away at it. I don't know if you have seen my topic but i have aquired and fitted a laguna lip now :lol:.

Bourkey

Why don't you G3 the whole car? That is supposed to be good from what i have heard. Once you have done a few sessions of waxing etc then it will easily start to shine. Have confidence boy!!!! :p.

Also i have one phone picture of the new lip. I'll see if i can upload it later :lol:.

Bourkey

• 4 weeks later...

** Mini update **

Ordered some bits for the earthing kit im making.....After looking at the comment left on the one done in "how to" section i ordered 6m of black 8awg and 1m of black 2awg with a negative battery terminal (1x 2awg, 1x4awg, 2x8awg) total cost £34 inc del

Just need to source the 8+2awg ring crimp terminals, any help as to where i could get some on the cheap??? also need buy some heat shrink from maplins

a little picture of the earthing points.......any tips?

Red = 8 awg

Black + red = 2 awg (final ground is thicker)

02112008765ded.jpg

Bit of an update....well pictures really

New negative battery terminal

316NJ8RYGRL_SL500_AA250_.jpg

6 meters of 8 awg

18022009163.jpg

1 meter of 2 awg (its ment to be black but they sent red so now they are giving me silver idiots :thumbsup: )

18022009164.jpg

you, me both...im hoping the windows go up faster, less flicker of headlights and to get rid of the hissing/background noise when the music is on anything above that is a bonus!

Just a quick question....would it be ok if i wire up all the 8awg connections and leave the 2awg, for now? i cant seem to find a 2 awg ring terminal witout breaking the bank....i`ve spent £49 already :)

well.....i hope it kills the hissing noise off when the music is on, and the revs dont die when i try and put my windows up. I`ve read it gives better throttle response, MPG and in general better running of the whole car the N/A only has 3 solid points of earthing 2 on the battery and one on the driverside mounting.

Yup there is i was lazy and didnt bore it out so its stuck on the fire wall behind one of the brackets for now.....ahhh you reminded me i need to take the bracket off of the bottom of the block (where the old mani was).

I fitted it at a mates house he doesnt have a trolley jack and i wasnt going to risk me getting all the way under with the car supported by the tyre changing jack so it stayed on, its only held on by one bolt....