My 5dr N/A......"Bob"

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right i made some head way with the earthing kit didnt take many pics except from the drivers side mounting one....had trouble with the battery teminal being too big so i DIYed it to fit also need to get hold of a 2 awg crimp. Only got the drivers side mounting, passenger strut done and the slam panel...i have put the 2awg in place but this is for temporary measures. I made one to put one on the firewall under the map? sensor, connected to the intake mani and i got a little clicky sound on idle anyone know why? (i have removed it).

Also found another little earth on the gear box so ill need to do that too

pics

Test fitting the right heat shrink size

26022009184.jpg

Comparison to the stock

28022009185.jpg

Sanded the paint away to ensure the best contact

28022009189.jpg

28022009190.jpg

Finished....

28022009191.jpg

So far i have noticed better throttle response and the windows dont seem to show much resistance compared to before.

• 1 month later...
That "fizzing" noise is nothing to worry about at all mate it's just the fuel filter. Made me jump the first time I heard it I thought it sounded like the noise of eletricity sparking on something lol...

Ahhrite, i thought it might have been a wasp or somthing, I have that noise aswell :L

• 2 weeks later...

Lol funny little cars arent they ^

Went to manch and back tonight and as i pulled off the motorway the revs were at 1k :thumbsup:

normally he sits perfectly on the line below 1k, i thought the cable had got kinda stuck but nothing turned all the lights off and still at 1k....

seems minor but its never happend before, any ideas?

• 4 weeks later...

Just a service update really after 7.5k

took a nice pic for you all

27052009232.jpg

Just worried about the alt + pas belts they look ok but i dont want them to go walkys when on the motorway........so when i have enough beans ill replace them

for now im going to concentrate on the brake side of life.....braided front lines n BMC soon to be :thumbsup:

Have you finished claying the car yet? You will be proud of my Civic's paintwork and i know how fussy you are :thumbsup:.

So was the earthing a good difference then as it did cost you a fair bit. May get one myself...again.

Bourkey

i clayed it ayyyyyyyyyges ago only just got the megs polish (student = ftl) i did the 3 step on the bonnet shone really well alse beaded the water nicely but the swirls are still there (im guessing they go away with the no of applications)

Yeah i noticed a difference straight away mainly throttle response.......its STILL not finished yet i need that 2-0 AWG ring crimp then i can finish it.

Trust me keep doing it and the swirls disappear :thumbsup:. Rub it hard when you are doing the paint cleaner especially. When the water beads away it is getting a good coating. Get some Rain X on the glass too to give you clear vision. I've always used it as it keeps the windows nice and clear.

I may have to do the earthing kit again then. I've seen my earths and they are just as crap as standard Starlet ones.

Bourkey

i just lighly apply the stuff then buff it out.......correct?

yeh i`ve seen the earth wires on civics just the same, grab some 8 gauge and some crimps do the normal ones first dont forget to sand all the shit off the crimp (usually has fancy gold paint on over the copper) and the contact surface.

Well i used T-cut as the paint cleaner as it is really tough. Some don't like it but i stick by it. I used a good amount of it and rubbed it in hard. The T-cut is hard to get off so i got as much as i could off and used the polish on top. Then when you buff the polish off it takes the remains of the T-cut off. Then i waxed it up and buffed it to a gorgous shine. The Civic was already well looked after but it has been done anyway just to get it looking new :thumbsup:.

Yeah that is what i did on the SR. The wires were from a kit in Halfords though. It was a good kit actually except the voltage stabilizer. Im pretty sure they do nothing but it was fitted anyway.

Bourkey

ill give it a wash soon and try it your way, guess im kinda stingy when applying lol the megs stuff is expensive :thumbsup:

i draw the line there tbh you just need to upgrade the wires to thicker ones and clean the contact area dont think things like that actually help

Yeah you have to still apply a good amount of each stage or it wont do much <_<. I've ran out of all my wax/polish/t-cut now. The Civic is much bigger than the SR :thumbsup:.

Actually i may get my mate to do it. He runs a mobile audio/security business so he has many different types of wire. Then i don't have to do it in like a year when im able again!!! :harhar:.

Bourkey

yup thats what im going to try now kinda fed up of it looking dull n seeing the swirl marks....

sorted lol ask him if hes got any 2-0 awg ring crimps for me :thumbsup:

Just keep at it and you will see an improvement :thumbsup:. It wont happen after once or twice. It takes a good few times to see a good difference. Make sure you are using soft cloths aswell. You dont want to make the marks worse.

I would but im at hospital again. Another op...oh the joy. I'll ask him if i see him soon though <_<.

Bourkey

im using polishing cloth from halfords to apply and a megs microfiber to buff

cheers i only need the one, but its a fookin pain to get hold of tried everywhere <_<

best of luck with the op be thinkin of ya bud :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

o.0 not updated in ayges, bobs just done 81k running sweet as a nut...needs a damn good clean and wash though.

Service @ 90k will include........

oil, filter, plugs, check air filter

g-box oil change

sort the RARB out once and for all

bleed brakes

uprated headlight bulbs

possibly fit antilift kit

have a general check around to see anything that needs doing

• 6 months later...

Hey guys!

Just waiting for exams to be over so I can visit the scrapy and get a few bits and pieces got a nice collection of bits to go on/Updates to show you guys. Documented loads of stuff n took plenty of pics. Bobs reached 88k now he's doing well I check the oil level a couple of times a week and look out for other leaks etc Its been nearly 12k since his last service and I still get 100 miles to a £10er got a Minor service at 90k then a major one at 100k so I'm slowly collecting the service parts for when the time comes.

Apart from that I'll update the thread when I've settled down back at Home appreciate the interest guys

Asad

Looking forward to the updates :wub:

Damn bro, how are you getting 100 to £10?! I only manage 80 miles to 9 litres :D

Oh and good luck with your exams! ;)

Mainly motorway and a some town driving, stick to 60 on the motorway and 70 to overtake (accelerate slowly). Around town its hard to even imagine getting 100, 80 is pretty damn good if you take into account petrol prices and the age of the car the one thing which will save you petrol the most is accelerating slowly...its easy to get carried away in a light weight car such as ours accelerating quick but try it for a few days and you`ll notice the difference.

Thanks gtg revise now lol

Asad

Mainly motorway and a some town driving, stick to 60 on the motorway and 70 to overtake (accelerate slowly). Around town its hard to even imagine getting 100, 80 is pretty damn good if you take into account petrol prices and the age of the car the one thing which will save you petrol the most is accelerating slowly...its easy to get carried away in a light weight car such as ours accelerating quick but try it for a few days and you`ll notice the difference.

Thanks gtg revise now lol

Asad

Ohh you do motorway as well...mine is pretty much all town driving, often cold starts! Guess my mpg isn't too bad then! :lol:

Also just remembered you have an earthing kit, did that reduce consumption at all? Lee aka redz11 fitted an earth from his engine>battery and his RPM figure at 60mph dropped by around 300rpm B)

I think that's gonna be my next mod now :lol: