rear disc conversion :)

yeah u need the whole lot for the rear (except the axle), including the handbrake cables.

and u dont "need" to do the conversion just because your doin an FTE conversion, it doesnt make a great deal of difference to the braking, but it does look ALOT better!

Phil.

when you say whole lot what does that include bud?

oh thought i would of had to update the brakes when droping fte enging in. can you just use the brakes i have on now like?

i suppose could update the front brakes since they do most of the braking, the glanza front brakes are different to the starlet n/a one arnt they?

i would have thought about £100-£150 for the rear axle. As lopng as its in good working order ie both wheen bearings and discs and pads are ok then thats it, just remeber you will need the glanza/gt rear brake lines to as there different to the n/a and if somebody else takes the axle off theyu will prob just cut them!!! then you will have to buy some!!

As for the front depending on the age of starlet it may have the same brakes as a glanza/gt i know my sr does so just a disc and pad upgrade is the boobies!!!!

As for the front depending on the age of starlet it may have the same brakes as a glanza/gt i know my sr does so just a disc and pad upgrade is the boobies!!!!

Hmm strange mine is a 98 but had smaller size disks but had the caliper carriers ;)

As Phil said. You don't need the rear disks just because you are doing the swap. Save your pennies for the swap then sort them out afterwards if you really want them. The back brakes do about 10-15% of the braking so disks or drums it doesn't really matter unless your taking it on a track of course.

Im still running drums on mine and unless a GT or a Glanza comes into the local scrappy then im not bothering. Make sure you have good stoppers up front though :).

Bourkey