forum upgrade, changes and poll

Guest Enzo

should we make avatars bigger and loose signatures  

42 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i understand your reasonin Geo mate, esp as im usin a slow-ass dongle, but tbh im with Joz on this one, i like the combo of both.

i can defo see your argument tho, maybe it would just be a case of us getting used to no sigs and then we'd all be fine with it. would the easiest way to regulate the sig size not be to have the same idea as the regulator for the avatar size?? whereby u can only upload a file of certain dimensions???

Phil.

to make the avatar look right you would need to resize is to 200x200 that way it would not distort bro,

@ phil and jay noted points, gona sit down and think this through properly

think il abolish signatures when version 3 of the ipb software becomes available just after christmas

I would rather keep the sig and get rid of avatar's if anything. I personally work out who people are by their sig most of the time. It just seems to make it easier for me, I dunno about anyone else but thats my opinion.

My computer always loads things up quickly, I never have any issues with loading.

I have to agree with the sig comments, it helps me identify people.

On another note, I have absolutely no issues with loading times whatsoever, and I'm not on a particuarly slow connection.

I'd rather have the medium avatars like we have, and sigs rather than massive avatars and no sigs.

if it's not broken........ :)

as said, i have no issues with loading speed, infact it takes f.a. time that i doupt i'd even notice the diff.

alough i do feel that if you take away the sigs & av's it kinda loses a bit of character, the way TGTT has with only members having avatars and sigs (alough in tgtt's circumstances i completely agree with why they've done it)

big Av's are a bit over kill tbh, would rather a sig limit and smaller av's to make the place look a lil more tidy!

Sigs and avas are fine but as mentioned they should have limits to how big they are, and possibly limits on the actual file size not just the amount of pixels.

Sigs and avas don't really bother me, even with a page full of sigs you don't really notice it.

But what REALLY FUCKING PISSES ME OFF is when you're looking at a topic, scrolling down to read the last post, and the pictures on the page are loading, and as they are loading, the page fucking scrolls itself back up when you're trying to scroll down and read posts!

I don't know what you could do about that though, limiting the number of pics would make it crap in topics where pics are needed, and having to click on loads of links to go through pictures is just as annoying as what I mentioned in the first place. Anyone got any ideas on this?

Also - in the Extreem EP Rides section there could be another one added "EP Conversions" for Starlets that have been converted from EP91 N/A to an EP91 turbo for example.

if it's not broken........ :)

as said, i have no issues with loading speed, infact it takes f.a. time that i doupt i'd even notice the diff.

alough i do feel that if you take away the sigs & av's it kinda loses a bit of character, the way TGTT has with only members having avatars and sigs (alough in tgtt's circumstances i completely agree with why they've done it)

big Av's are a bit over kill tbh, would rather a sig limit and smaller av's to make the place look a lil more tidy!

x2

Also - in the Extreem EP Rides section there could be another one added "EP Conversions" for Starlets that have been converted from EP91 N/A to an EP91 turbo for example.

I think it should be kept how it is. Shows how the different possibiles in one section, such as all the different N/A Styling in the N/A section, even if some are Glanza reps!