Which Colour?  

39 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well chaps, the time has come to look into respraying my car as my engine will be out soon (so if im changing the colour, best do so now.)

i have taken serious thought about it recently and have decided im fed up with polishing out fade in my paint, and want something more metallic which wont fade so fast.

heres the poll colour numbers, lets see what you guys think..

GreyMINI.jpg

blue.jpg

liqyellow.jpg

3.jpg

R569NJW.jpg

MW55YLP.jpg

DSC02021.jpg

the car will have the optional lip kit in time, and a boot spoiler (possibly)

whats the opinions?

cheers for the votations.

im quite attracted to the tropicana aswell as the black... aswell as the yellow.

im thinking gunmetal wheels though.. so gunmetal grey might be out the window..

I vote Satin matt black if you do it yourself will cost you no more than £50 in rattle cans as Pallett off here done it to his colt.

Also why is gash green as i call it on the vote lmao i think my brothers starlet is tropicana but i just call it gash green haahaha

is this gonna be a diy job ?! as if your going to saw someone to do it it's not going to be cheap. I didn't get mine done properly in the end due to the time it takes but mainly it isn't worth spending 1k on a paint job for a car that's only just worth that. I could turbo the sr for that price the following year which imo is a lot better.

if you can afford it though go gunmetal like the others have said :)

Yeah this is going to cost a lot Sam, you sure it's worth splashing out on it, rather than just keeping the new engine in the garage or something (easier to mod it while it's not in the car anyway) and find yourself a Paseo in a different colour?

Anyway, if you're serious about getting it done here's my opinions:

1-Gun Metal Grey - is good but I prefer blue

2-Metallic Blue - this gets my vote

3-Liquid Yellow - don't like this colour

4-Satin Black - too common although black does look good on any car

5-Tropicana - nah, for the price of a respray you could buy one easily

6-Metallic Red - nasty colour

7-Standard 3e5 Red - you'll be back to square one again with fading red paint...

im half tempted with a rattle can, il test my skills on interior bits, then see how it goes, could go gunmetal but i hate rattle can look, its like half arsed, unless i bought paint and borrowed a friends compressor..

the engine will be in the garage for a good while before it goes in the car ste, im cleaning it up top to bottom, paint, polish, the lot.

im thinking metallic red/ruby red colour for my rocker cover and parts, so maybe that will suit the gunmetal grey?

ooooh its sooo hard :blink: