• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

B) thanks guys i got a massive shopping list for it but 1st it needs a new clutch. i will get a jam ecu , bucket seats, springs and a nice zorst to start with B)

the seats are not in yet shelly still got to collect them off my mate B) and the black bit on the bumper is some kind of parking aid it had a neon stick coming out of it so the driver can see where the curb is or something B)

nice mate, wheels arent to my taste but they suit it well.

personally i wouldnt touch the jam ecu's mate, i was trying to get one, then i had a chat with someone in the know and they explained how really they are a waste of money, unless you can reprogram it (which only JAM can) or the car its coming from has the EXACT same mods as the car its going on, which obviously you'll never know, meaning it'll be very risky and dangerous to your engine.

best bet is a piggyback fuel computer, emanage etc. B)

my mate has a jam ecu runnin a decat and uprated mani and boost controler and his glanza pulls like a steam train, alot faster than mine right now.

if you do find a jam ecu ask the seller if hen knows any info on its origen as no ecu is the same

unfortunately, thats complete bullshit mate.

there were a few threads about this a few weeks back on tgtt, and was well discussed in detail about how they really CANT self learn. its not artificial intelligence.

they can adjust timing etc slightly, but they cannot completely remap themselves to suit a simple change of mods, and as JAM can only remap them, there's no way to sort it completely.

you've found one brand new? well, you do realise JAM ecu's are just stock modified stock ecu's? they take trade-ins etc if you're to order them direct from jam, which obviously reduces the price as they'll have another to modify and sell on.

they may well work, but they car will never be running 100% perfect with one, unless it was tuned for the exact car its going on, either a new standalone such as power fc or a piggyback is the only way you'll get perfect ecu balance, outside of japan anyway.

ive been reading stuff about ecus for starlets for a while now... and from what i can gather, they seem to be a bit of a grey area...

what is the best way to go if you want to do minor mods such as decat turbo back exhaust, bov, fmic & uprated panel filter? would it be better to get one of these blitz or jam ecu's, or get stuff like a fcd for the standard ecu? as getting a e-manage set up could be costly.

cheers,

Rich.

• 4 weeks later...