Ok back on my local cruisers forum we are having a discussion regarding ROTA rims...

not being an owner of rotas but seeing the rims imo they look lovely and seme light.

some saying there shit and others (my self and some others) say they are good..

what are your opinions?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally really like them. An ex boyfriend of mine had an RX7 and we got some ROTA GTR's and they were 19"s and stupidly lightweight. Was really impressed how light they were. The only thing that lets Rota down is they down do smaller sizes ie: 15"s for a Starbo as I'd love some of the GTR's as they are 5 spokes with a nice dish.

Rota do loads in 15"!! why do you think so many starlet/gt's have them on them plus obvioulsy being the right fitment.

nothing wrong with Rota's i have them and love'm

there have been cases of them almost like snapping, like a crack leads to say the spoke snapping and causing the wheel to colapse like, but as far as i know that has only been at a track (could be wrong tho)

Rota's do replica rims... ones we all like (not very often a manufacturer knows what rims to choose!)

you wont get the belter brand new original rims for the same price as rota ones

i just wanted so see what oppinions were lets not start ww52 & a half :)

I haven't seen them up close but they do look good. For the price they seem decent too. Although, if you look around on Yahoo auctions, I'm sure you could find some genuine RAYS, Advans or Enkei's for a similar price, just ask one of the traders to help you get them.

Rota do loads in 15"!! why do you think so many starlet/gt's have them on them plus obvioulsy being the right fitment.

nothing wrong with Rota's i have them and love'm

there have been cases of them almost like snapping, like a crack leads to say the spoke snapping and causing the wheel to colapse like, but as far as i know that has only been at a track (could be wrong tho)

Oh cock :)

^ god your inexperienced :) a minter set on auction wont go "that" cheap lol people WANT them

I wouldn't say im inexperienced. Don't let the post count fool you :D

They might not be mint for that price but you can find excellent second hand ones.

IMO they aren't bad for what they are, but there will always be people who hate them, and they are the ones who are generally able to afford higher quality expensive Jap wheels.

I don't think people should hate on them because they can afford the higher priced jap wheels, for the price they seem good. I am tempted to get some myself although I would prefer some rays wheels, I wouldn't turn my nose up a Rota's either way.

^ Whats wrong lol?

This!! Hope it doesnt happen to mine!

there have been cases of them almost like snapping, like a crack leads to say the spoke snapping and causing the wheel to colapse
I wouldn't say im inexperienced. Don't let the post count fool you :)

They might not be mint for that price but you can find excellent second hand ones.

I agree Raoul. I got my 2nd hand vgc Gramlights off yahoo auctions for a reasonable price.

With the yen vs pound hike now however its just not as feasible now.

Fro dont worry.. it rarely happens.. mostly track days and stuff taken hefty abuse lol when it does!!

im kind of missing blue rimage and i was tempted on rota gt3's ... in blue!!

Have you seen Tucka's Glanza on TGTT.com? He has these on and it looks awesome!