nearly shat myself!

driving home from work just now, came round a main roundabout in newbury under a bridge n it was just sheet ice, spun out n came so close to plowing into the railings, scared the living shit out of me! i was only doing about 15-20mph! drive carefully people i was lucky i wasnt going any faster or it could have been alot worse!!

Yeah take it easy guys and gals. Be setting off in 2nd etc to stop you spinning. Get giddy in a small car and you will easily get dead B). We never want to see an RIP topic on here for another member B).

Bourkey

Well i wouldn't say he was on here very often but there was a member over on TGTT called Glynn i think who was killed driving. There is a RIP topic for him over on TGTT. There is also a topic created the other day for the brother of a member killed out driving.

Take care out there people.

Bourkey

RIP to the guy,

deffo bad conditions for driving out atm, I was coming around a big roundabout the other day, in the summer time i could comfortably take the bend at 40 as its a long bend, and thats not pushing it, was coming round it at 25 and could feel the back end going light so i backed off, last thing I want is another bump. To top it off, the floor was all iced over at the lights and I couldnt get any grip in 1st or 2nd, was just spinning on the spot.

Theres been a few incidents recently locally and on the forums due to icy roads, atm, I'm driving my car as little as I can, using it only to go back and fore to work and when I have to. Bring on the warmer conditions. To be fair, this winter is one of the worst I've encountered whilst driving.

Take care people.

Damn it was like minus 12 down here last night, probably the same tonight too.......

Theres been reports of the temp being below that.....thats going on for flippin arctic tempratures! lol

Bring on the snow blizzards!!.........*runs to buy 4x4!!*

Roads are bad down here too......and as much as ive got respect for gritters being out, i almost cry every time they go past me and flurry the car with grit. Still, doesnt seem to be doing any good, roads are still lethal as f*ck...... B)

Oh and another thing, keep your coolant/anti freeze and windscreen washers topped up, dont get stuck without it for sure!!!

Tell me about it, was out in my mates car the other day as a gritter went past and I was so thankful it wasnt mine with the amount that hit and went over the car!

Mine did get caught in some spray off a gritter a month or so ago, but was only very light, they must be dumping shed loads more out now!

Wales is crap in the winter, gets so bloody cold and the roads freeze with no problems!

Man its salt,ice,wetness.. possibly pee? about my area.. i havent see a dry road in a while.. god im so excited for the summer comming hehe B)

The glanza loves summer.. cruisen down the beach... hot chicks staren at the car B) god awsome

It seems going slow this morning just wasnâ??t enough for some. I was driving along at about 15-20mph as Iâ??d just turned a corner. There was a side road on my left and as I approached it I saw a massive coach sliding towards the road I was on. I jumped on my brakes and stopped just in time as the coach carried and going out of the side road and ploughed into 3 or 4 cars. He was trying desperately to turn or stop but it was all in vain. He wasnâ??t even moving quickly either.

I had a lucky escape there. Any faster and I would have been getting friendly with that coaches bumper.

Bourkey

Well i wouldn't say he was on here very often but there was a member over on TGTT called Glynn i think who was killed driving. There is a RIP topic for him over on TGTT. There is also a topic created the other day for the brother of a member killed out driving.

Take care out there people.

Bourkey

Yeah Glynn was a lad from Doncaster used to have a GT.

He unfortunately lost control of his car (think it was an MR2) which resulted in his death. RIP

Nath

Be careful Drivers!!!

I slipped flat on my arse on a footbridge over a dual carridge way today as it has no drainage, so any left over puddles turned into black ice due to the surface up there B)

Not good!