Sparkys EP82 quadlight

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers guys :D

lol @ Phil tough as old boots is the expression :lol:

The Final Speeds are staying Bronze Luke :D but could be making way for some RG's next month B)

But after seeing them on the car now I am in two minds again :D I love them.

They will be on the Glanza rep next weekend, well two of them until I repair the other one, 4 MINT parada's on them aswell!!

Cheers for following me Ry was shitting myself that someone was gonna run up the back of me :D

LOL nah my box and head is going high power silver, thinking about green for the block and the plastic timing belt cover and a polished cam cover.

Yea I have had a look mate should be spot on, will be phoning you at some point though I expect :p:wub:

Thanks for taking the time to read it mate, most of it is chit chat bullshit :wub:

Yea Gav its completely stripped now, just the outside of the block to clean and the head, once thats done it can go back together and I'll try to get lots of pics of the rebuild :p

Lots of pictures!!! :D

Spent most the day cleaning the block, pistons, crank, cams, cam caps ready for the rebuild took ageessss!!

Took some bits off the GT engine like the thermo housing, TRD leads and dizzy and rocker cover because they will be going on the new engine. Was shocked to see how MINT the head was when I removed the cam cover, well compared to the one off the engine going in anyway, but thats in the process of left to soak in TFR over night.

Anyway some piccys :)

As she stands

IMAG0204.jpg

IMAG0207.jpg

Boot full of goodys :(

IMAG0205.jpg

IMAG0212.jpg

Got bored so started building my manifold lol

IMAG0211.jpg

Put my green rad hoses on

IMAG0210.jpg

Takata in place B)

IMAG0208.jpg

Interior

IMAG0209.jpg

Engine before strip down and clean

engine-2.jpg

Block and various bits after stage 1 of cleaning

IMAG0203.jpg

IMAG0202.jpg

IMAG0223.jpg

Crank dipped in TFR

IMAG0206.jpg

After a days cleaning

IMAG0220.jpg

IMAG0222.jpg

Head before cleaning

IMAG0219.jpg

New rings fitted after removing all the carbon from the ringlands (nightmare!)

IMAG0224.jpg

The colour for the block :)

IMAG0218.jpg

The bottom end is ready for reassembly in the morning and hopefully start painting it and make a start stripping the suspension off the car and get it ready for the engine to come out :)

More tomorrow!