Sparkys EP82 quadlight

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea I bet :D

Idrees that wasnt even the worse one, some of them were awful!!

The head on my car atm is amazingly clean, this one had a hard life :)

Its all looking like it should now though :p

Well what a long day! Kinda got carried away and sort of removed the whole engine and box instead of building the other engine :):p

Anyway some pics from the day: -

Front bumper off, FMIC off, rad off and battery off

IMAG0241.jpg

Out with the old and in with the new(ish)

IMAG0238.jpg

Oil pump and new tensioner fitted

IMAG0239.jpg

All the pistons in

IMAG0240.jpg

Secret item fitted, shifter extension :p

IMAG0243.jpg

IMAG0242.jpg

And togue automotive sticker :D

IMAG0245.jpg

IMAG0244.jpg

Was dark by the time we got tidied up so didnt get any pics but the engine and gearbox has been split apart.

Also noticed both Gearbox mounts are FUCKED so ordering some of those nice Powerflex ones in the week :D along with the stuff to remove ABS and a clutch release bearing :D

Next week will be ALOT of cleaning in the bay, remove u necessary junk, fully build the engine and get it all ready to drop back in

dude how did you do that carbon fibre double din

my plan was to buy a sheet of carbon fibre and the with the lil pastic lip around the doube din glue it in with a hot glue gun so that i can have 3 gauges and my boost controller and turbo timer in there keep it half hidden like lol also got any spare carbon fibre you wana sell as i seem to buy all ya stuff lately haha :)

I bought a sheet and cut it up mate, none left though :)

Oh and I nearly forgot your gaskets earlier lol will get them posted monday didnt have time today, sorry mate

Yea off ebay, just some double sided tape mate, it comes flying out under heavy boost lol so gonna use self tappers, just need to decided whats going there, I am thinking an engine kill switch and push button starter :)

Dean the Carbon has been there for yonks <_< and shut it Daz you lil bitch!!!

Update, bought a cusco catch can today and will be ordering loads of goodies tomorrow so will update tomorrow :thumbsup:

Appreciate the kind words guys, its scary how quick JapFest is creeping up on me!! :thumbsup:

Need this thing built and being run in in about 5-6weeks ready for mapping before JF!!!

Powerflex engine mounts ordered, clutch release bearing ordered, just needing a bit more info on the bits I need to remove the ABS then that will be ordered.

Think thats about all I need for now to get this engine back in :thumbsup:

More work on the weekend, roll on!!!