Sparkys EP82 quadlight

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yesterday went well, got the head completely stripped and cleaned, the exhaust valves, well I have never seen any like it, FULL of fucking carbon and shit, must of been run really rich (pics to follow)

Anyway all the valves, springs, retainers, followers were given a good clean so its all ready to go back together today.

Didnt have time to upload the pics yesterday so I'll do a big update later ;)

Oh and thanks to Jezza I have some grommets for my bottom civic rad mount, cheers mate ;) fitted them now.

Just bought a little something just for the fun of it really will reveal all when I fit it next weekend :D

Didnt get as far as we hoped today but hey the head is built so all the biggest ball aches are over :p

The oil pump is the wrong one so meant the engine couldnt go back together today :p

Pics from over the weekend: -

Remember the head looked like this

IMAG0219.jpg

After stage 1 of cleaning

IMAG0225.jpg

IMAG0228.jpg

IMAG0226.jpg

Valve stems to be removed next

IMAG0229.jpg

The state of the exhaust valves that came out! Gunked right up!

IMAG0230.jpg

Face cleaned up a bit

IMAG0231.jpg

Nice and clean before refitting everything

IMAG0233.jpg

IMAG0234.jpg

Components all cleaned and a nice lapped valve

IMAG0235.jpg

And reassembled :)

IMAG0236.jpg

IMAG0237.jpg

Next weekend the head can be fitted along with the sump if the new oil pump comes in time, and everything painted and hopefully tubby kit fitted :p boo yaaa!!!

We are on the home straight now :p

Just the reassembly stage now, quite tempted to get some poly bushes after looking at yours Steve :p although I think mine has TRD mounts? Will soon see when the engine comes out.

Nooooo mate :p

Still a long way off!!

The engine will be built and turbo kit on but theres so much more to do, rip the old lump out, swap boxes, sort driveshaft oil seal out, get an exhaust made up, rip the dash out and replace the loom, paint and fit the cage sort my interior out, remove abs, fit new coilovers, fit Willwoods and I am sure theres actually alot more :p

Getting there though

Just ordered another oil pump so hopefully that will be here by the weekend so we can crack on and get it built and painted ready to drop in!!! :p

Oh and the secret item turned up today, will be reviled on the weekend :)