Sparkys EP82 quadlight

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today's progress was slow and steady in the lovely weather, got the sump painted gloss black, sealed and fitted, fitted all TDO04 oil/ water lines, fuel rail, alternator and bits and pieces.

Got all the brake pipes made up and fitted after removing ABS (Will get the sizes for you tomorrow SiCaln :wub: )

Got all the PowerFlex engine mounts fitted and in place.

New release bearing fitted to the gearboxand driveshaft seals *highlight off the day* My old man was prizing the n/s driveshaft seal out with a screw driver, all off a sudden POP goes the seal, it wentl sky high with me and the old man looking around for it, literally 10 seconds later we heard a SPLASH and it landed in the bowl of degreaser next to me, must of went high as fuck, we was rocking :o

Anyway just picked up an engine crane to get the engine fitted tomorrow morning, unfortunately we may not be running it due to not having the exhaust made up yet but thats an excuse to get it booked in for next weekend now :o

Need to buy my wideband ASAP now and get the bung welded in at the same time.

Lost of pics tomorrow :o

Tbh dude I didnt do alot today, lack of sleep last night :o

Tomorrow will be hectic though!

Naz, the pipes that run to through the bulkhead dont need to be joined or anything but if your ditching the sensors that are to the right of the TB on the blukhead then just block wherever they go to on the inlet :wub:

woah mate, wheres the pics :wub:

was at lewis' dads yesterday, and its ever so close to that 1st start up now, his dads done an awesome job on the brake lines too

engine looks stupidly sexy with the race-tech mani and screamer too :o

when did you want that loom for dude?

I uploaded all the pics at once Ry so heres the massive update :lol:

Gloss black sump being left to dry

IMAG0301.jpg

IMAG0302.jpg

Out with the old in with the new

IMAG0300.jpg

IMAG0303.jpg

New release bearing fitted

IMAG0304.jpg

Engine mount fitted

IMAG0307.jpg

Filter and relocation test fitted

IMAG0309.jpg

IMAG0310.jpg

Braided waterlines fitted

IMAG0311.jpg

IMAG0312.jpg

Starting to pipe the rear brakes

IMAG0308.jpg

IMAG0313.jpg

All brake pipes fitted

IMAG0315.jpg

IMAG0314.jpg

Paddle clutch and lightened flywheel, anyone know what it is? Had no marking was a nice surprise though :)

IMAG0316.jpg

Compared to standard one on bottom

IMAG0317.jpg

Engine getting ready to have sex with the clutch and gearbox lol

IMAG0319.jpg

All sexed up :p

IMAG0320.jpg

And fitted B)

IMAG0321.jpg

IMAG0322.jpg

IMAG0323.jpg

Some cheeky shots as we left her

IMAG0324.jpg

IMAG0325.jpg

IMAG0326.jpg

Still alot to get finished, just a few more plugs and vacuums to sort out and then moving onto the brakes and suspension to get her rolling again before she goes off for a custom exhaust in 2 weeks time and straight for MOT hopefully B)

Sorry Si didnt have anything to get any measurements for you but if you need any advice just gimme a shout mate :p

More updates in the week when I order some more stuff ready for the weekend :wacko: