4EFE Exhaust Manifold Possible Group Buy

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's another one, it's the Hurricane manifold made in Australia but I asked about it a while ago on AUSC and was told it was rubbish:

HU260STM.jpg

And you can easily see why. The primaries are rather short and the lengths are all completely different.

Here's the most commonly known manifold for the 5EFE; the OBX:

H10693S_3.jpg

Pacesetter 4-2-1:

pace-headers-armor.jpg

Pacesetter 4-1:

P40701156.jpg

70-11562.jpg

Those are the off-the-shelf options we have, the problem being they're made for the 5E, and none are a particularly good design.

Any CAD program should be able to do it. Basically get and exhaust gasket and get the dimensions off that so that is pre-portmatched, length of primaries will be down to how much space there is, length of secondaries anyones guess (theres probably and equation floating around the interweb).

Diameter primaries = port diameter

secondaries 5mm larger?

tapered collector 51mm (2" its a 1.3 remember) :thumbsup:

Depending how you guys get on, I could be interested if it would be possible to make a slightly altered one that goes the extra 10mm lower (for the higher 5e block) ??

Are you guys going for design that gives midrange power/torque or top end?

Assuming more mid range based on 4-2-1 design ideas?

Hopefully it will give a nice even powerband and power towards mid/top but with a little loss at low end. (Whereas other manis would give us a bigger loss at low end).

Also I think using it on a 5E would be good for midrange, having the runners on it smaller diameter than what you'd get on the OBX or Pacesetter.

Ah ritey

If that is indeed the case I'd be interested if a slightly lengthened/lower one could be made?

(I understand would cost a bit more probably)

I can't see why not, afterall, they are custom made.

I woud definentley be intrested if it is designed like the Toda manifold as they are very good in the land of honda. The thing is i have a 2 inch sport exhaust on my car. Will the mani fit onto this?

Also, wudnt the tapered end be better at 2inch because any more would be pointless. Lemmi know what u guys think?

About them fitting different sized mid 'work...make the mani flange with a 2 " bore...and then when ordering state what size your mid work is...so a smaller hole can be cut into the flange you weld onto your mid 'work if that makes sense :lol:

It would be nice if they could have slight alterations for each one depending on what size exhausts people have.

Myself I'm going to try the manifold with the standard exhaust system, maybe with the cat removed.

As for R&D/testing these manifolds, Starbus says there wont be any, but he seems to know what he's doing, he said he's currently working on an EP3 Civic manifold which has had ~5 hours on the dyo. Aslong as the overall design looks good and the diameters and lengths of the runners are good lengths then that's enough for me. "If it looks right, it usually is right".

I'm not sure tbh, Starbus hasn't really said much. He first PM'd me offering to make me a custom manifold and asked how much it would cost, and he said it would be cheaper if it was a group buy. So I posted this up to see how many people would be interested and it's looking good so far.