4EFE Exhaust Manifold Possible Group Buy

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
^^ o.k thanks. whats the name of his site?

www.race-tech.co.uk

Not much on there at the moment as i've been really busy sorting various things.

I could put a date in the for early next month to finalise the design. It would be much easier if somebody has a stock manifold to make a jig from, (will save me a trip to the breakers yard) so i could give a further discount if somebody provides this.

I would need a small deposit from everybody wanting a manifold before providing a final price

As for design's, i'd make the manifold to bolt upto the stock cat, i'd then make a seperate decat pipe. Or offer a straight through alternative with decat built in.

I could tailor each manifold to suit peoples needs, as long as there isn't a HUGE difference in each, the price wouldn't change a lot. There's no point me making custom manifolds if there all going to be the same :)

Price baised on 5, similar 4-2-1 manifolds, roughly 38mm primarys to 50mm secondary would be £250

Stevo has a spare 5efe exhaust mani and downpipe I think, which could be used to make mine from (think the 4efe and 5efe downpipes are a diff length due to the 5efe's taller block?)

Could ask Joz if he has his old 4efe mani?

was speaking to starbus and when he said they would eb roughly 250 i knew alot would pull out haha

although if you get 10 involved he may sort something out if ya lucky

they will be very good quality alot better then OBX etc

Thanks

250 is a o.k price. Seems as u getting a custom mani to yur spec which is of high quality.

I'm still up for it and I'm sure we can get atleast 5 people (we had 10 on the list but I'm sure there will be no more than a few that pull out).

I'm going to let Rich buy one first though and let us know the results, money is tight at the moment, so I'm not going to gamble £250 and "hope" that it gives a good increase in performance.

If i have these mods.

Full 2inch Zort with decat. Middle box and back box

Ram Air intake with heat shield

Rolla Mani

Advanced Timing

How much more will the mani give.

Total Bhp = ???

Thanks

Erm... who knows but I wouldn't say it gives you anymore power as such, it helps the motor increase in efficiency therefore increasing overall performance by a percentage. A 4-2-1 is designed to give you a broader torque range which you will notice.

RPM * Torque/5252 = Power (ish)

I'm still up for it and I'm sure we can get atleast 5 people (we had 10 on the list but I'm sure there will be no more than a few that pull out).

I'm going to let Rich buy one first though and let us know the results, money is tight at the moment, so I'm not going to gamble £250 and "hope" that it gives a good increase in performance.

Thanks ^^

Nowt wrong with OBX. Mines been on there for about 6,000 miles now, and not a problem with it, its quite strong and well made.

nah not sayin there crap quality just they are produced in bulk etc these will be fully custom etc and specific for each car etc

just works out better value for money in my opinion

I'm very confident it would be the best manifold out there for the 4e's.

As above, it'd have a fairly large powerband and in this range you should see noticable gains over stock.

Obviously it would depend on the rest of your car's spec. Obviously you'd ideally need a remap to gain the most from it, as you would any modification.

It would be best to work under the assumption that almost everyone who is wanting to get more power out of the 4EFE will have alteast a corolla inlet manifold, uprated airbox panel filter or an "open" cone style filter, and possibly an exhaust system/decat.

Not alot of people go past these basic bolt ons with the N/As, I think more people should tbh.

I agree with saying that people should take the 4efe further and by doing this (if its succesfull) could unlock the next tuning step for the 4efe :D

especially if someone like toby could support by having them in his shop.

Im actually considering holding off the 4efte swap for a bit longer, and try get the most out of the 4efe.