I have a shit hot camera buddy the one i used to take the pics of the brides on my thread, irl bring it up with some lighting lol and were get some awsome shots of it in the work shop when i come up on the 21st :)

gav

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a shit hot camera buddy the one i used to take the pics of the brides on my thread, irl bring it up with some lighting lol and were get some awsome shots of it in the work shop when i come up on the 21st :)

gav

Gav you are a legend mate ;) If its not too much trouble that would be awsome. If there is a little space we may be able to push it outside and get some good pics.

All of the pictures in your build thread are amazing, dam i can't wait till the 21st now ;)

Jason :(

not a problem buddy i want to help you give this project the praise it desserves as said there not many projects that i rearly take notice in but yours is by far one of the most insane i have seen gave me insperation to do something diffrent and think out the box, 600bhp 3S-GTE atom corrr that sounds like fun haha

no worries dude get cracking on the intercooler cant wait to see it mounted its guna look dope! im guna pop up on the 21st then irl be up on the following sat we can take more then aswell :)

Jase im getting more excited about this thing everytime i see it

them hoses are gawjus think lewis might be rather jelous of them

whats the plans next then?

Thanks Steve :)

I love those hoses so much, everytime i see them i just can't help looking at them and im really looking forward to Gav getting some nicer pictures of the Demon.

James has hopefully got the intercooler mounted and the pipework made up, if not finished. Will speak to him in a minute about it and hopefully update in a bit.

I now have no money to spend on the Demon for this month so im just going to get on with parts i can do without spending anything. Paint rear calipers, making another 2 arch's. Start making wiring loom, polishing parts etc. I have to go abroad next month for my bro's wedding so will have little cash to spend these coming months but should be able to get the fuel tank pressure tested and hopefully have the rear coilovers mounted up. Then its a case of getting everything connected and driveshafts made, new turbo, ecu and gear cables and so on. Busy............ ;)

dude your intercooler and pipework is done and looks sweet was down there fitting my engine with lee, cant believe your bro broke thhat mr2 :o

Bro had to brake the MR2 as he has a kid on the way and is now staying in Japan for good, oh well, idiot if you ask me but its his chioce :lol:

I have only just seen the pics now of the intercooler pipework, James is a LEGEND!!!!!!

For everyone else this is what it looks like..........

1b15b1ca.jpg

Makes the intercooler look tiny but i think its looks awsome. I was going to go for a HUGE intercooler but needed some rearward vision for the IVA test so decided on the smaller version.

James is a legend for getting this done so quickly and im so glad i have him to help with this project, i really could not have done it without him!

I have some steel material on order and the next jobs are to get the arch brackets made up and the side pods. I have spent all my allowance for this month but will be back on it big time next month. Will just be small updates now for a while and a photo shoot session next saturday :p

Jason :D

just seen this in the metal today, it looks a bit mental! can't wait to see it on the road.

LOL thanks dude, everyone is getting to see my intercooler pipework before i do :o

You looking at James making you a inlet for your throttle bodies?

Jason :lol:

yeah hopefully, he'll more than likely be making me an exhaust manifold first, really long runners. the quality of his work is amazing, did you see the 1jz=gte rx-7?

Yes his work is very good, i take it you had a look over my fuel tank and intercooler pipework. Think he's using it as a show piece to show what he can do.

I do some of the CAD work for parts for him, i did some of the CAD work for the flanges on the MR2 inlet he made and have done other stuff so i might do the parts for your exhaust manifold :o

Yes, seen the Supra/RX7, it sounds evil when started up! Im usually up there working on mine when the other guy is working on the RX7. Think his is almost done now, just needs a few other little parts doing.

Jason :lol:

you CAD i did wonder about that as he was telling me the most expnsive part of getting mani's made was the flanges. i've got an old t3 turbo mani i thought i'd cut the flange of that. And as for the inlet, he reckons best to bastardise the original alloy inlet mani and actually weld the throttle bodies to the mani and smooth them through.

you CAD i did wonder about that as he was telling me the most expnsive part of getting mani's made was the flanges. i've got an old t3 turbo mani i thought i'd cut the flange of that. And as for the inlet, he reckons best to bastardise the original alloy inlet mani and actually weld the throttle bodies to the mani and smooth them through.

Yes i have done some of the CAD work for him. I can get a quote for ya for the flanges if you like and i won't charge for the CAD work so you would only pay for the flange itself. Cheapest option will be to basterdize the original mani's though but your chioce. :lol:

a midweek update wow we are privelaged

hehe its coming together now lol looks awesome jase im loving it haha

Thanks Steve, its really coming along now although will slow up a little now for a few weeks but will get some really good pics next weekend thanks to Gav :o

• 2 weeks later...

*** Small update but lots of pics ***

Well its been one of those weeks really. Been waiting for some material to arrive so i can get on it but nothing has arrived yet :rolleyes: Oh well, still had a chance to do a few things.

Started looking at the thottle pedal and how im going to do that. I have a Starlet pedal left over so decided to basterdise that and try and work something out. I think i can get it to work and will be loads better than what i have already. The starlet pedal has a proper bracket and spring so its a nice setup and i just need to work out cable attachment and some sort of rubber bump stop and should be well away.

started modifying it, cut down and piece added......

DSC01454.jpg

The bracket is a nice simple way to mount it to the frame and will work out perfectly.....

DSC01455.jpg

DSC01456.jpg

Found a small sheet of scrap steel and decided to make the rear numberplate brackets, decided on a shape for these ages ago so just knocked them out quickly. Will now be able to get these welded on the car with my old lexus plate so people will see it and actually realise that its going to be road legal!

DSC01457.jpg

Then today i got over to TGT and rolled the Demon outside for a mini photoshoot and to have a look at the welding on the intercooler system. James is a LEGEND!!!!!! The welding on the intercooler pipework is nothing short of epic, really want this done now. Rolling the thing outside was a good chance to look at it better and talk through a few things. Im really happy with how it looks but there is something i don't like about the rear??? If you look at the side on pics it don't look right and the rear pics look a bit strange? Almost like it needs some sort of HUGE rear wing or something? Maybe as it comes together more it will look better, if anyone fancies doing a photoshop with a rear wing/changes then please feel free as any idea's will help and give a good example of what i can do.

anyway, enough chat here are the pics................ ;)

Sexual intercooler pipework.......

DSC01467.jpg

DSC01469.jpg

BUGGY.............

DSC01464.jpg

DSC01465.jpg

DSC01466.jpg

DSC01470.jpg

DSC01471.jpg

DSC01472.jpg

DSC01479.jpg

DSC01481.jpg

DSC01487.jpg

DSC01482.jpg

Comments welcome as always ;)

Jason ;)

oh im in love :rolleyes: ;) ;)

looks so amazing now its unreal i cant believe how rolling it outside akes it look so.....nearly completed :p

just needs my passenger seat putting in now :(

Top work jase huge progress you must be so excited now its looking near completion ;)

oh im in love ;) ;) ;)

looks so amazing now its unreal i cant believe how rolling it outside akes it look so.....nearly completed :p

just needs my passenger seat putting in now :p

Top work jase huge progress you must be so excited now its looking near completion :(

Thanks Steve, i know what you mean, it gets rolled outside and you stand back and look at it and it looks SOOOO much different its unreal. Its really getting there now and the end is sort of insight. Apparently Lee (the elctric guru) at TGT is dying to start the wiring so i think he is going to start getting his head round that. James is going to make the exhaust system and mock up the driveshafts next week so i can send them off to be sleeved soon after.

You think it looks ok then Steve? Something doesn't look right to me with the back and i think it needs something. and thats the part that people will see the most...... :rolleyes:

That looks awesome!

Looks rather scary as well :rolleyes:

Thanks Luke, don't think Scary is the word ;)

i aint got photoshop but got an idea il do a crap paint job on it now so you get the idea lol

Thanks Steve ;)

you filling in the side bits? i think it looks better if you do

what colour you doing it by the way still green?

yes filling in the side bits. Will be black frame with bright green arch's, nosecone and other parts. Sides will probably be black and they will be fully vinyl'd up with a crazy manga/race style design :rolleyes: