• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha Thanks Guys.

Its not really a case of too much free time but what i can do at the moment. Demon is currently in pieces and there is nothing i can really do till it goes back together. So im at home with a few parts that i can work on and bling up. Once the Demon is back to a rolling chassis i can crack back on with some proper work.

Jason :harhar:

*** mini update ***

Well today was a better day, was like a mini crimbo. Started off with my draper multitool turning up in the morning, great service from Amazon. Only ordered it yesterday at about 2pm. Then about an hour later i had 3 packages arrive :) New replacement oil filter, Aero locking fuel cap for the fuel cell i will be making and loads of grinding/polishing/cleaning tools for the multitool.

Got out into the shed workshop and started with the multitool and i have to say its fantastic, for only £16 its worth every penny and then some. Got the oil filter bracket all sanded, smoothed and polished in a few hours of using it. Its not 100% perfect and the bottom is a little less smooth but its not really going to be noticed.

Here is the outcome........

DSC01188.jpg

DSC01192.jpg

and the Aero filler cap, already changed the bolts over for black hex head ones as i didn't like the ones that came with it!

DSC01191.jpg

Have started back on the rocker cover with the multitool and its going loads better. It just eats through it and leaves a pretty good finish. Going to be a few days of sanding but will look amazing when done. I need to get a bigger polishing kit as well as the small one isn't really ideal for large items and leaves slight swirls in the alloy.

Got a few other things that im working on and hopefully the Demon will be back to a rolling shell shortly :)

Jason ;)

wow wow wow link for the draper multitool please :)

Looks awsome mate!!

Thanks Sparkster :o

This is the one i got.....http://www.amazon.co.uk/Draper-79340-140W-...9756&sr=8-1 only £16.48 from amazon and free delivery! Lowest price on ebay was £21.50 ;) But you can get LOADS of extra bits on ebay!

Jason :)

wow that multi tool is awesome :( what a result nice one jase

Thanks Steve, tis getting there.

Well i spoke to James from TGT last night and it seems like he hasn't been well recently so hasn't done anything to the Demon. He has said he should be back to work shortly and his first job to look at is getting the Demon back to a rolling chassis. Also had a little talk about fuel system and im now ditching the fire extinguisher setup and we are going to make a Alloy race cell from scratch. The rest of the project is all custom so why bother skimping on the fuel system, plus gives me another thing to polish B)

I have plans to use the stock fuel setup but it will be modified and most of it will be replaced and uprated. This helps out as it will keep the stock fuel level switch and will work out cheaper in the long run as i can run a 'in tank' fuel pump. Found a thread online of a guy that has done exactly what i intend to do so hopefully i can adapt the GT setup the same way.

Also have spoken to Ricky about the Inlet Manifold and it has been upgraded again :( It started off with me just buying the inlet manifold and nothing else. I now have every option possible except the polish, as i can do that myself. So i have uprated throttle body, FPR, fittings, gasket, central fed uprated fuel rail, earls fittings and braided line. Can't wait to get this and hopefully will be here next week :o

I am also going to a HUGE kitcar show this sunday with over 4000 kit cars and 400 trade stands. Luckily its just after payday so i intend on taking some cash and getting more parts that i don't have yet. Hopefully get some deals, plus it will make me want this done even more!!!!! Someone has promised that they are going to take me out for a spin in their buggy (same buggy as mine started out as) and although it has a 1275cc mini engine i have been told that its pretty dam quick!!!!!! Should give me an idea how insane the Demon will be.

Im dying to get this done now so will be stepping up production on this and although i return to work soon i will actually get more done as we have better tools there. Anyway im off to continue sanding the rocker cover!

Jason B)

The polished bits look amazing Jason! :(

And thanks for the link, I've been looking for one of these but didn't wanna pay too much for a Dremel one B)

By the way the price in the link is £20.49 not £16.48, have they just upped the price or did you get a different one?

*** Little Update ***

Well the last few days have been great! :D

On Sunday me and my mate went up to Birmingham to the National kitcar show and had an absolutely fantastic time! Spent all day on my feet walking around and still didn't see everything! I took £250 with me on the off chance that there may be a few bits to pick up.......and i spent the lot!!!!! lol

There where over 400 trade stands and the array of parts was just mind blowing, tried to stick to getting items that where cheaper at the show and maybe a little hard to get hold of elsewhere. Ended up buying Rally Design rear calipers with built in handbrake mech, Willwood pads, Stainless mandrel bend for exhaust (thats the full length of the finished exhaust in the picture!!!!), stainless bolts and fixings, green cable ties, edging trim, black F1 style mirrors, remote radiator fill point and cap, detailed electronics book and some polishing bits for the dremel. :wub:

This is what £250 of parts looks like laid out, doesn't look like much but im well happy!

DSC01196.jpg

Rally Design rear callipers..........

DSC01197.jpg

DSC01198.jpg

Sexual slimline mirrors, these will be going on later as mister IVA won't like them much.....

DSC01199.jpg

Then today the 2.5' intercooler pipework kit arrived at my house! This cost me £57 off of ebay and was worth every penny!!!! Im not using any of the silicone connectors and most of the pipework is going to be welded together as this looks better. Its all mandrel bends and is already polished up to a mirror finish.

DSC01200.jpg

There is more than enough to make the whole pipework and will even have a little left, im using a tiny leftover piece to make a minature oil catch tank with earl fittings ;) The pipework is also pretty dam thick, nearly 2mm, which is great.

DSC01202.jpg

I got up to TGT yesterday and they have planned to work on the Demon towards the end of this month as i have now maxed out my budget for this month. I have LOADS to do now so will really be cracking on with it again. Im back to work finally on monday so will have a lot of parts to go back with and continue getting done. I have 3 main jobs that are on the list for this month.

1: Start making wiring loom, i have everything i need to begin making the custom loom from scratch. The electronics book really helps out and shows basic wiring diagrams. I have drawn up a diagram of the buggy with all dimensions so i can work out cable routing and lengths.

2: I have already picked up some Mini disc hubs and these are getting stripped down and shot blasted before they go off to the machinest to be adapted to fit the Rally Design calipers. The brakes on the back of the buggy are drums so this is well overdue.

3: continue with the polishing, the oil filter bracket is done and looks like chrome. The rocker cover is getting there slowly but we have more equipment at work so this will really come along soon. Also have a thermostat housing to polish and hopefully this week my 'Race Tech' inlet manifold will be here :D

Also have a few little other arts that need doing, hopefully squeze these in as well if i find time!

As you can see im going to be really busy but after seeing all the kitcars over the weekend i REALLY need this built!!!!!

Jason :D

BEST....UPDATE>>>IN....MONTHS :wub: ;)

well what a result mate got some really good parts there really look forward to seeing them fitted. by the way them calipers are sexual matey :D

BEST....UPDATE>>>IN....MONTHS :D:D

well what a result mate got some really good parts there really look forward to seeing them fitted. by the way them calipers are sexual matey ;)

Thanks Steve :wub: I think the callipers are bassed on MK4 VW golf calipers but are made specifically for Rally Design so are different, just.

Its nice when lots of parts all come together at once. I need to try and not spend anymore money on parts for a while now but just crack on with what i have. The parts shown are just what i have in my garage. There are £1000's of parts in box's stored next to the buggy. Once the buggy is back to a rolling chassis i need to just fit as much stuff as possible before buying more parts! Should really start coming together then and will just fly along. Then comes the part when i strip it all off again and get it sent off to paint :D

wish id have stopped by when i went to hampshire to get my GT. would love to have seen her jase

cant wait to see her on a rolling chassis and getting fitted back together again

good work boy :wub:

Thanks Guys.

Im really looking forward to getting fully back onto this again :wub: Next week is when the work REALLY starts :D

Just as i posted up yesterday my new mini discs arrived as well, forgot i had even ordered them ;)

*** Hell Yes ***

Been a good week, and its not over yet!!!!! :)

Finally got back to work on Monday and its great being back and i get so much more done on the buggy its unreal. Just the fact of having all the correct tools and all in the same place is just fantastic! And im working less on the buggy than i did when i was off. I do 30 minutes before work, 45 minutes on my lunch and then a few minutes after work.

Feel pretty tired going from doing nothing for 3 months to full on again but i love my job and being busy!

Anyway, i started off the week with getting the hubs taken apart. My god that was a hard job! The ones i picked up off my mate have been left outside so where just mullered. One of the calipers was seized one and had almost welded itself to the disc. Took me hours to get it off, but i did.

Here is one of the hubs broken down and you can see how bad the rust is!

DSC01205.jpg

All these bits where put into a Vinegar bath overnight and they have come up pretty well, the hub has gone in for another 24h but will be cleaned up tomorrow.

DSC01210.jpg

Got the NEW disc mounted up and will be painting parts of it black shortly.

DSC01209.jpg

Then before the hubs get painted they are going off to be machined to accept the new hydro-callipers. May have found a place locally to do this but not sure yet???

Then today this bundle of sexualness arrived at work! Been waiting ages for this but im so happy, the welding is just fantastic!!!! Needs a little cleaning up and its getting all polished up anyway.

DSC01211.jpg

Race Tech manifold with 65mm throttle body, fuel rail and fittings, Fuel lab FPR and Earls fittings, braided line and 2x cat converter flanges for the exhaust systems im making up. Ricky has put a lot of work into this and it really shows. Im over the moon, the Demon will look great with this on it :(

Few more closeup pics of the Inlet....

DSC01212.jpg

DSC01213.jpg

DSC01215.jpg

Im thinking of filling the Race Tech logo with paint and then polishing the rest?

DSC01214.jpg

Have already started polishing up the fuel rail and should pretty much be there tomorrow when i get it on the buffer at work. Its in really good condition to begin with so is pretty straight forward to polish it.

Tomorrow will continue cracking on with it more!

Thanks for the kind comments people :(

I must admit the pictures don't do this thing justice, looks so much better in real life. I can't stop taking it out the box to keep looking at it! Its going to look amazing on the buggy as it faces the rear and its the first part you see on the engine, and with all the custom polished intercooler pipework next to it :) ;) :p

Jason :)