• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmmmm. don't know if something like that will work??? i want to get some mesh over the rad to protect it a little.

Have seen that website, thats what my buggy is meant to look like mate :thumbsup: did look like that for a little while......

Thought it was

Parts looked the same like the front panel that you have.

*** Design finalised ***

Ok, just a small update but worth sharing me thinks :lol:

Got home yesterday and my bro had done a few sketch's of what he thinks the buggy should look like. He did graphic design at uni and his drawing skills are a little better than mine. He did a quick sketch and im in love!!!! This is pretty much the plan now on how the buggy will look.

As this is going to take a while to do then its not going to get done straight away, plan is to get the thing up and running and hopefully road legal over the summer. Then if that happens it will undergo the transformation over the winter months when i won't be using it. The first picture shows what the first stage will look like then the side panels will be changed over later. If i don't get it road legal by the summer then i will go for the full kit straight away and hopefully have it oin the road and looking like the second picture by next summer.

First design..............

22253_480804040472_587840472_11067513_5016265_n.jpg

And what i will be aiming for............

22253_480804045472_587840472_11067514_1660090_n.jpg

I absolutely love this look and think it looks great but would love to hear your thoughts people :p

Jason :p

stop adding wieght lol i thought this thing was bieng built for function not fashion lol its going to be going too fast for anyone 2 see it anyway lol

True :lol: To be honest i would love to get it looking like the second one but by the time i have it up and running im not really going to want to strip it all back down to the frame and rework the kit/respray etc. I am doing the design in the first sketch and then it will probably stay that way for good to be honest.

and will be lighter..... :p

Woah this is coming along

I agree with everyone else the second design looks awesome but its going to add a chunk of weight

First one looks like a winner to

Have u taken it for a proper test drive yet and had it under boost?

I know its not road legal and stuff but just wondering :p

Woah this is coming along

I agree with everyone else the second design looks awesome but its going to add a chunk of weight

First one looks like a winner to

Have u taken it for a proper test drive yet and had it under boost?

I know its not road legal and stuff but just wondering :p

Thanks Mate :lol:

Tis getting there but slowly. Work has stopped on this now as i go into hospital on Tuesday. TGT have my lexus in for servicing and a few bits that need doing so will be working on that over then next few weeks.

But James is planning a whole week solid of working on the Buggy within the next few months so will be well on its way. Plan is to get the engine out and fully painted and cleaned, new clutch and the lsd gearbox fitted and then back in the buggy. Then finish off all the welding/engineering parts and hopefully get the driveshafts on order. Then the final build...............with any luck. Won't get all of that done in the week but should be well on the way.

Would like to say i have driven it off the road but its a long way off being used :p:p

• 4 weeks later...

Thought i should add a little update on this as i haven't updated this topic in nearly a month now, not that there is much to update :lol: Im sorry for those people that will log on to UKSC and see that i have posted in this topic only to be disapointed by the update :o

Well TGT have my lexus in at the moment for repairs/service so work has shifted away from the buggy and onto that. I hopefully pick my lex up in a week or so when i am allowed to start driving again. Im dying to drive! Haven't driven a car in nearly 4 weeks now and im going nuts stuck at home.

I have been doing what i can though while im in this state, which isn't much. I have been told to not lift anything heavier than a kettle so can't really do much on the buggy. Plus i can't actually drive up to work on it. :rolleyes:

I have ordered a few parts and stuff is strating to roll in slowly so that when im back to health i can go full out on it. Brand new exedy clutch arrived last week. Very happy with it, its only the standard version but as the buggy is so light i don't think i will need anything stronger. As im swapping over to the LSD box shortly it makes sense to just put a new clutch in. I don't know what state the old clutch is in but its stupid not to swap it while its off.

I have a pair of black gel coat arch's on order also, was going to order a full set but didn't want to risk it in case the quality isn't right, or incase they don't fit properly. Plan is to cut the arch's down a LOT. Im aiming to have the smallest arch's possible while keeping it legal. I have mocked out a template and need to make a final version that will mount to the hubs so i can get the placement correct but the arch's should be really small. This will mean that the weight is kept right down and you will be able to see more of the wheel/tyre which i think will look better.

This morning i have sent off the remaining chassis parts to be laser cut from steel and hopefully these will be in production shortly.

I am also waiting on a few replys on parts, f1 style mirrors, green harnesses etc.

Apart from that all i have been doing is sitting here reading the IVA manual from front to back. God this thing is boring but i need to read it!!!!

When i start driving again i will be up working on the buggy, mainly all i will be doing is painting bits as thats all i can pretty much do in my state. Hopefully James will be getting the engine out and on a stand so that i can get the block cleaned/prepped/painted and then back in with all new shiney parts.

Its getting there people, slowly but it is still going! Sorry for the essay................

Jason ;)

What green harnesses mate? TRS's? :rolleyes:

Might be after a set well not just yet be good to know how much you can get them for :o

Just rest yourself mate and you will be back working on the buggy in no time :lol:

What green harnesses mate? TRS's? :rolleyes:

Might be after a set well not just yet be good to know how much you can get them for :o

Just rest yourself mate and you will be back working on the buggy in no time :lol:

Yes they are the TRS ones. Guy wants £90 delivered for a set of two. Problem is they are the caterham/westfield style ones so i don't know if they will be any good for you? They have really short shoulder harness parts. They bolt in just after they go through the seats, idela for me but you would need some sort of harness bar with bolt attachments in it???

Jason

No good for me then thats a pretty good price I am after a set of those.

I thought price was pretty good. Guy has them in quite a few colours also. Didn't think they would be any good for you. If i see the full length versions in green i will let ya know sparkster :rolleyes:

Right, time to choose some colours :D

Went up to TGT yesterday to check on the Demon and have a little talk with James. I asked them if they could remove the engine asap and get the gearbox and flywheel off and the engine mounted to a stand so i can begin cleaning/polishing/painting the main block. I left TGT about 1pm and at about 6pm i had an email to say they had found an hour or so and had done just what i had asked. Well happy with that, the guys at TGT continue to surprise me and i think they are also keen to get it done. whoop whoop!

Anyway, as of tomorrow i can start driving again. Although i don't have my lexus back yet as the rear bush's are a pain in the arse (long storey) i have the use of my girlfriends little yaris. :)

So tomorrow im going to TGT to begin painting the block and getting the engine looking all nice and clean. But what colour should i do the engine??? The main colours im using on the project are bright green, white, black and there are a few purple bits thrown in for good measure.

If i spray the frame bright green then i feel that doing the engine green as well will just be too much. So what colour???

I have recently been thinking and im toying with the idea of spraying the frame white, this will tie in with seats. Then have bright green nosecone, arch's, harnesses, engine, sides etc I think this will look pretty good but im open to idea's people! So my question is, what should i paint what colour, or do people like the idea of a white frame with green bodywork? I want to keep the main chassis/frame a solid colour so if it does get scratched then i can easily touch it up (that sounds wrong!!!!).

You have only today to vioce your opinion as tomorrow the engine will start getting cleaned and painted.......

Thanks All,

Jason :D

hey jason!!! jus had a chance to flick through the posts!! looks fully awsome mate!! good 2 c the box will b put 2 good use :D !! il keep an eye on this now!! when u expecting completion??

Thanks Mate. Don't worry that box will be going to very good use :) Box will hopefully be in very soon, then i can get the driveshafts made up :D

Im trying to get it up and running hopefully by June/July but probably won't see it road legal till towards the end of the year as i want to strip it all down and get frame shotblasted and sprayed properly. plus i need to fabricate a nosecone :D

Hmmmm im thinking green frame and black bobywork and white bits here and the to tie in with you seats lol....here is a pic of a bright green frame lol

Dune-Buggy.jpg

As for the block i would go Red lol the when you get the clear cambelt cover you can paint the cam pully green lol.......so at the moment we have got a green frame Red block and black bodywork white seats and other bits white like intercooler pipes or something lol