Thats cool Jason.

Nice to of met you at last.

Forgot to have a look at the stainless dials while i was there.

I will have the auto dials in a few weeks as money situation's a bit low at the moment.

The demon's looking good. ;)

Looks better outside , Was a bit dark in there.

Sorry if i held you up from doing things.

Like i said to you earlier , If you want any help at any time send me a text.

Im free most weekends.

Hi Nutnut,

Thanks for all your help and don't worry you didn't hold me up too much :p

May just give you a call at sometime after my heart operation if i need a hand :D

Lovely lookling Glanza you have also, love the jdm parking pole :thumbsup:B)

I have done a small little mockup of the Demon with a caterham style nosecone on it. Don't know what people think of it? im still unsure if i like it or not???

17953_459630230472_587840472_10918598_8336202_n.jpg

comments welcome people............. :lol:

Jason B)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right this is hard to explain but it actually looks like an ant eater :(

Extend the bottom out so the "mouth" bit doesnt look like its pointing towards the floor as much, if you get me :(

Other than that its taking shape nicely :D :D

Right this is hard to explain but it actually looks like an ant eater :D

Extend the bottom out so the "mouth" bit doesnt look like its pointing towards the floor as much, if you get me :(

Other than that its taking shape nicely :D:(

I think you may have it sparky! Thats exactly what it looks like. At first i thought it looked like some big mouthed fish or a whale shark but i think you may be right.

Im watching a locost nose cone on ebay at the moment, don't know if i will get it or if i should just make something from scratch???

If you look at the picture, I think it should really only come upto the level of the top of the door (if thats what you can call it :) ) and extend the nose a bit further so its less steep :p

Thats just how I could see it looking better :p

If you look at the picture, I think it should really only come upto the level of the top of the door (if thats what you can call it :thumbsup: ) and extend the nose a bit further so its less steep :)

Thats just how I could see it looking better B)

Problem is that it sort of needs to go up to that level as all the gubbins are underneath it. Brake and clutch reserviours and fusebox etc.

Agree with the front tho and thats already what i am planning on doing B) Going to have a smaller front duct either side of the main duct that will vent a bit of air onto the brakes etc

Think im going to just make a nosecone from scratch as i would have to modify the caterham one so much that it hardly seems worth it :) More work but should look better ;)

Problem is that it sort of needs to go up to that level as all the gubbins are underneath it. Brake and clutch reserviours and fusebox etc.

I was thinking that might of been the reason

Fuck it make a F1 style nose cone :thumbsup:

I was thinking that might of been the reason

Fuck it make a F1 style nose cone :thumbsup:

LOL i am always one step ahead of you Sparkster :) I had that idea originally and was going to do something similar with a huge adjustable wing that went right the way across the front. Problem is now i have the rad moved to the front i need a large intake to get air to it.

I think the way to go is to make a ply frame that will mount to the front and has a few shapes/ducts built into it, then stretch some material over it to create a rough design. Few litres of resin sets it hard, then a couple layers of fibreglass over the top and i have a basic/rough nosecone. a LOT of sanding/filling/preping later and i will have a more detailed nose cone. Will then take moulds and make a couple of spare nosecones, maybe slightly different version??? Drag nosecone, hill climb nosecone and road use maybe?

Means it makes more work for myself but oh well, would be funny going to a meet with a different front end each time LOL

Jason :)

Awesome little project, i'm sure this has been asked but i've not read all the thread, (sorry).

Will it be road legal? Seems a lot of cash to not be. :thumbsup:

You deffo want some kind of mud gaurds IMO, they would really finish it off.

Hi Ricky,

Don't blame you for not reading the whole topic, its huge :angry2:

Yes will be fully road legal, like you say its a lot of money and time not to be. Will need mud gaurds to make it road legal anyway, just one of the things i haven't got round to it yet :) lots of other bits need sorting out first! Looking forward to getting some of your parts on there :)

*** mini update ***

Well got up to TGT on the weekend and spoke to James about a few things. As i have my operation date now i have ok'd the next lot of work to be done on the buggy as i have a bit more cash to spend on it now.

I got the radiator and the twin fans on the car, actually helps visualise how the front will look better.

22253_475329970472_587840472_11034710_4309367_n.jpg

22253_475329975472_587840472_11034711_6460581_n.jpg

22253_475329985472_587840472_11034712_6995165_n.jpg

I Have an idea in my head of how i want the front to look now. Large centre intake with an adjustable front diffuser. Did a quick photoshop (and i mean quick) and here is how it came out, second one is probably the best version. Still needs a bit of work but you get the general idea. If anyone wants to have a go themselves then by all means have a go. :thumbsup:

22253_475329990472_587840472_11034713_5578747_n.jpg

22253_475329995472_587840472_11034714_4106943_n.jpg

Hmmmmm......

what to do, what to do??? :thumbsup:

You may be right bucket, might just start by doing a simple housing for the radiator then at a later date do a full nosecone.

choices, choices......... :)

Would the front F1 style spoiler fit in with the road legal tests ?

Just think of if you had an accident with a pedestrian you would slice their feet off.

I will have a browse around at other kit cars for some ideas.

Would the front F1 style spoiler fit in with the road legal tests ?

Just think of if you had an accident with a pedestrian you would slice their feet off.

I will have a browse around at other kit cars for some ideas.

Think i may just house the rad in a bit and leave it for the moment. Don't need to be pedestrian friendly but needs to have a radius on most edges.

front like this would look good

kitcar095a.jpg

Have you seen this website yet ?

Fun Buggies

hmmmm. don't know if something like that will work??? i want to get some mesh over the rad to protect it a little.

Have seen that website, thats what my buggy is meant to look like mate :thumbsup: did look like that for a little while......