• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you go about getting the lies of this registered to drive on the road?

does it still need MOT, Emissions test etc?

and what the hell do you say to insurance lol, emm its a Go-kart..emm...buggy.....1.3 turbo death machine on wheels, or is it just kit car?

Gary

after all the testing with the dvla and shit does it get registerd with a brand new reg? and will you have to mot it in the first 3 years?

Doesn't get registered with a new reg unless i use 100% new parts, so would need a brand new starbo engine :) If i use a selection of new and donor parts then the reg will be from the donor cars year of manufacture. If i can't supply reciepts for all the main parts i will get a Q reg.

There is huge paper trail involved with building a kit car. I need to have v5c from donor, reciepts for all bits, build photo's, IVA paperwork etc etc. This is one of the main reasons i do this build diary to keep on top of the paperwork. :)

And no MOT for 3 years :o

and what the hell do you say to insurance lol, emm its a Go-kart..emm...buggy.....1.3 turbo death machine on wheels, or is it just kit car?

Gary

LOL Adrian Flux have this kit car on their books :) even though there are only about 20 in existance. They don't care where the engine has came from!!! they only care about engine size.

My insurance came out at £195 fully comp :)

never knew that about it having to be brand new parts. what about them slicks lol dont think dvla will like them B) )

Slicks will be replaced for Yoko A048r's before registration :) I just planning on doing a track day before i register it :)

Thats not to bad then, good about the MOT aswell

Just imagine what you can be beating when its on the road,

Gary

Tell me about it, i keep looking at the bhp per tonne chart and seeing all the cars i can destroy :o

kit car insurance is silly cheap. but if they knew the truth about this thing you wouldnt be allowed to insure it haha

1000th post wooooo

LOL They don't know the extend of the modifications. Although they don't put my insurances up! he said that they expect me to modify it and all the mods will be covered, all i have to do is inform them of the mods as i add them and they add it to thelist at no extra costs :)

Congrats on your 1000th post, im half way there :)

Any idea of the total weight when done as its quite a bit bigger/wider than when you bought it?

Gary

Still aiming for around the 550kg mark. It may be wider/longer but not much material has been added. And the old mini lump was quite heavy :) Should be under 600kg for sure.

It will be getting weighed when the geo gets done :)

• 2 weeks later...

All this talk with Glanza Love has made me want more power and speed loads more!!!!!!!

So im going to step up production on the beast, rather than buy a faster car and get rid of the lex!!!!

Will be going up there tomorrow to crack on so expect a good update tomorrow.

I have also told everyone that i want socks, pants and money for christmas. I need the socks to keep my feet warm in the buggy, and the pants as im going to shit myself when i drive it and i need the money to finish the bulid!!!!! So should have some money at crimbo to order up more parts come boxing day :D

Updates tomorrow people................................... :(

Jason :p

woo hoo get up at 5am sharp tomorrow no breakfast or even a cup of tea straight down there and not finishing till midnight i want production jase haha

Im keen, but not that keen!!!!!! You will get production tomorrow, trust me :(

haha we normally get a saturday and a sunday update lol this one tomorrow best be a good 2 day update then lo

enjoy your night jase anyway dude

Just got in mate! Just been over a mates house with a few friends deciding weather or not i should buy a certain Glanza that may be for Sale :)

In terms of updates its going to be a small one im afraid, i didn't get much done while i was up there as i didn't feel 100%. I got a few things prepped ready for them to do some work during the week and i have a couple of bits im now working on over the next few weeks.

Im up there on the 10/11/12th of December to get the seating, steering and cage sorted and all done.

Jason :o

any updates an update

and hmmmm is this starbo a mr loves??? lol

good glanz but demon must come first lol

Im going to bed but i will update in the morning Mate.

and yes it is mister loves Glanza :) I have offered him some cash plus mine but we will see if he takes it or not, i can't offer him much and i haven't got an insurance quote yet so not sure what that will be, in reality it will probably end up with me keeping the lex but we will see.

And don't worry, DEMON was here first so she gets the most love!!!!!

Jason :o