just to answer your question the td04 will have lag. think boost kicks in at 3000-3500 revs while the ct9 boots in pretty much stright away lol

Thanks mate, will be staying CT9 hybrid now me thinks :ph34r:

*** Update ***

Got up to TGT to measure/check a few things on the buggy. They are going to be mega busy moving premesis and getting ready for JAE so think they may not get anything done this month, can't blame them really. However it will be back on next month and i will have more cash to fuel the work :lol:

I have started ordering a few more bits and they are slowly turning up, first was my race tow strap. Nice and light as there is not much to it but will easily pull the buggy if i get stuck in the gravel traps :)

9630_282104610472_587840472_8787204_5976651_n.jpg

Started looking at making up the induction pipework and location for the induction kit, Filter will be mounted in the side compartment and stick out the side of the car. This means it will be in direct air flow so should stay nice and cool :ph34r: you will be able to see the turbo in the first pic so it should be relatively short pipework which is good. Im thinking about relocating the oil filter and a oil cooler to the other vent on the side.

9630_282104630472_587840472_8787205_1151873_n.jpg

9630_282104640472_587840472_8787206_2044548_n.jpg

9630_282104645472_587840472_8787207_2472134_n.jpg

9630_282104650472_587840472_8787208_4946065_n.jpg

9630_282104655472_587840472_8787209_6355659_n.jpg

9630_282104660472_587840472_8787210_2605178_n.jpg

Also measured up a few bits on the front and im going to start looking at parts to start fixing the radiator in place and coolant pipework. :D Here is what the Fiat Chinqy rad looks like on the front, almost perfect fitment. The hoses coming off the rad will have to bend back around as they are quite close to the edge of the car but should be ok, and before anyone says the battery will be going to the rear of the car.

9630_282104665472_587840472_8787211_6052319_n.jpg

9630_282104675472_587840472_8787212_270512_n.jpg

9630_282104680472_587840472_8787213_4536507_n.jpg

9630_282104690472_587840472_8787214_2048312_n.jpg

9630_282104695472_587840472_8787215_6215703_n.jpg

I know its not really much of an update and it will go slow for a bit this month but will be back on with more speed next month.

As always people, comments are greatly recieved. :p

Jason

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^ :thumbsup::):)

Will be sticking with the standard TMIC for the moment and then when its road legal it will get a HUGE one mounted behind the seats, but raised up so that it gets some air flow. Will have to make up some huge vents to duct some air direct to it!

Jason :)

• 3 weeks later...

*** Update ***

Well as i haven't updated this in absolute ages i thought it only fair to add a few words.

Work has been very slow on this, in fact its gone backwards its been that slow and parts have actually come off the buggy.

My Apexi Turbo timmer turned up recently and after 3 weeks wait i finally got my set up Powerflex Poly Engine mounts.

9630_309251760472_587840472_9266063_8100244_n.jpg

Also another set of michelin racing slicks arived last week and will soon be ordering the rear wheels. Should look so good with the deep dish wheels all round.

I have also bought a pair of Gaz adjustable coilovers for the front and these will be turning up any day now. Im converting the whole car to coilovers as the mini suspension setup is basically prehistoric. Will get pictures up when i get them <_<

I got the steel delivered which is being used to make the seat mounts. The seats are normally just bolted to the chequer plate floor but i want something a bit stronger so im going to have steel box section underneath to hold the seats more secure.

JDModified (previously ToyotaGT) are soon to begin work back on the buggy after they moved premises and have expanded their workshop.

I have been talking gearbox's and it looks like the MK1 MR2 box may fit straight onto the Starlet engine. They share the same clutch so in theory should mount straight together without too much hassle but we will soon see. The MR2 box is better suited for the buggy as the gear selector mech is on the other side of the box and is designed for a rear engined car.

I have also got a quote to have the buggy shot blasted, sprayed with etch primer and then sprayed bright lime green, and it came to £300 all in. Well happy with that price and im going to be getting it sprayed sooner rather than later. Im going to get the welding done and before i start putting more bits on im going to strip it all down to the chassis and have it sprayed before the year is out :blink: Going to get a few more bits done at the same time. Its not any specific green, its just a green that i have chosen from their colour chart and is very similar to Kawasaki Green, just ever so slightly different.

I have also have designs i drew up months ago for a adjustable rear wing for the back of the car and as we are getting some steel laser cut at work im adding this to the job so will have that made up and test fitted very soon.

Also i got the CAT removed and have already drawn up the flange details in CAD. Im going to get some new stainless steel flanges made up for the exhaust system and look at routing this. Im making 2 systems up. One will be a standard pipework system, full stainless and will be heat wrapped. The second of the 2 will be the same style but will have a screamer pipe coming off it and will be put on the car after IVA :lol:

I know its not much of an update but felt i should add a few words as this has been left for far too long.

Comments always welcome people..........

Jason ;)

my god youre going to be busy with that thing lol cant wait to see these plans implemented dude

Thanks Mate, i really need to get back on with it. There has not been anything done to it now for 2 months + and its starting to get to me now. I have even been thinking about selling it, its got that bad <_< Although luckily i have gone off that idea now.

Once work starts up again i will be working on it flat out again and im sure i will be more excited but the slow period has really got me down and have started loosing interest.

I think its the fact that its not next to my desk and i only see the thing every 2-3 weeks thats getting to me. Once the engine is finally in and its been sprayed then its a relatively smooth job to the IVA stage.

Jason :blink:

thank fuck you have gone off that idea. you cant sell it dude its one in a king machine lol. i swear down if you ever crashed that youd go through the pearly gates backwards on fire and what a way to go lol. im sure theres hundreds of poeple on here tht would not let you sell it. its like the most anticipated car on here and everyone wants to see it on the road lol

get the bg stuff out the way then you can get it back with you and do the rest if the work yourself. get it in the garage and seen as though winters coming up all them shitty cold wet nights can be spent just you and the beast in the garage getting some serious work done lol

once you start seeing things moving finially and you can actually participate in doing the work yourself you'll start falling back in love with it again dude trust me

thank fuck you have gone off that idea. you cant sell it dude its one in a king machine lol. i swear down if you ever crashed that youd go through the pearly gates backwards on fire and what a way to go lol. im sure theres hundreds of poeple on here tht would not let you sell it. its like the most anticipated car on here and everyone wants to see it on the road lol

get the bg stuff out the way then you can get it back with you and do the rest if the work yourself. get it in the garage and seen as though winters coming up all them shitty cold wet nights can be spent just you and the beast in the garage getting some serious work done lol

once you start seeing things moving finially and you can actually participate in doing the work yourself you'll start falling back in love with it again dude trust me

Hahaha I guess you want me to keep it then ;) Thanks for the comments mate but i don't think its the most anticipated car on here :blink: Your keen i will give you that :lol:

It will be good when its done and im sure im going to love it to bits. Its just a long old road and the fact it has slowed down is getting to me a bit. I did mention to James that i was thinking of selling it and he was shocked. He said he might have to take me outside and smack me up a bit until i change my mind. It might make him do more work on the thing though <_<

However, i really hate the thought of spending all this money and time on it only to sell it and have someone else enjoy my idea and a kit that i have pretty much made from scratch. Its the only one in existance like this and i haven't seen anything similar, ever! Also i know that i will always be thinking, 'dam i should have kept that kit, it was slick, why did i ever sell it'. So for that reason its staying.

Jason

Cant believe it even crossed your mind you stupid prick!! <_<

:blink::lol:

hahahaha kinda harsh but very true lew lol

jase if you sell tha i swear down im going to become a witch and voodoo your ass every night lol

hahahaha kinda harsh but very true lew lol

jase if you sell tha i swear down im going to become a witch and voodoo your ass every night lol

Well for the sake of my ass i better keep it then :blink:

I don't know why i even mentioned it to be honest. I did post up that it crossed my mind and then soon after changed it back. Anyway the front coilovers should arrive today so that should motivate me a bit <_<

**** Mini Update *****

Well after my hospital check up on wednesday i got back to work and these arrived 10 minutes later. :)

9630_314978855472_587840472_9342119_169514_n.jpg

9630_314978875472_587840472_9342120_768833_n.jpg

9630_314978890472_587840472_9342121_5885507_n.jpg

These are the coilovers for the front of the buggy, wasn't going to buy them just yet but when people are selling them slightly cheaper than what it would cost me then i can't resist and gave in to temptation. The springs going on these are the ones already on the buggy which will fit on these a treat. The coilover kit for the rear will be on order very soon.

Also the steel that i need laser cutting for the rear adjustable spoiler design is currently being made up and should have this with me very soon.

Hopefully next weekend i will get a full day working on the buggy and actually get something done, its been far too long now with no progress so im keen to crack on with it.

On another side note, my hospital check up was not good news! I was born with a dodgy aortic valve on my heart and they have been keeping an eye on it and the check up showed that it has got considerably worse since last time. I have been told that it needs to be replaced with a carbon fibre valve soon! So after christmas i will be going in for surgery. This means im going to be off work for 3 months and not allowed to do proper work for an additional 6-8 weeks. Meaning that work i can do myself will stop on the buggy. However it shouldn't stop completely as because im not able to work or do anything then im not spending money on getting to work/lunch/going out etc. Meaning i can put some more money towards getting other parts made/ on order. Hopefully won't effect the build too much, although my health comes first of course ;D

Jason :)

haha whos the uksc gimp?

and jase man so sorry to hear the news thats a shitter. you are indeed correct health does come first and it aint a good idea riding the demon with a dodgy ticker so its good your getting it sorted lol

anyway good to see a few more parts arriving and look forward to some progress finially happening after a long line of other things disrupting the build

as always keep us posted dude