• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok guys and gals.

I know i haven't updated this in a while but i have been busy with other things and money has been super tight recently. Work had stopped on te buggy as TGT had ALOT of work to do on my bro's mr2 but you will all be happy to know that work has restarted on the buggy! ;)

As always i will be back on top of the update situation and will kepp everyone informed as and when i have news.

I did get the seats ordered today and all i can say is these things look amazing!!!! Can't wait to get them, they are made to order so take 7-10 days but i have heard good things about them and they look slick. I have paid extra to have them made in white! Was going to go for black but as im only using the thing when the sun is out then black and heat don't go together.

Haven't seen them in white yet but they should look great with the Blue sparco harnesess i have!

Jason :D

• 2 weeks later...

LOL just what i was thinking. :p

Done a few things recently but progress has been slow for several reasons. Money has been super tight at the moment and all the extra work with doing the stainless dials has meant little free time.

I ordered the seats about 2 weeks ago and im still waiting for them :p They look bloody amazing but they are made to order so take a little time, plus i have ordered them in pure white which is a non standard colour so will take a little time. Im hoping they turn up tomorrow but im doubtfull they will.

I have friday off and im visiting a company called xsport racing. They make some custom carbon/fibreglass stuff and im talking to them about carbon diffusers/ adjustable wings etc. Im also checking out some large fibreglass intakes as the mould i was working on got messed up.

Will update with pictures on Friday guys but i don't yet know if TGT have done anything else on the car as i haven't spoke to them for about 3 weeks now :)

If i sell some more dials i may have a little cash to spend on some parts. Been looking at alloy radiators but they don't do the size i need. Thinking about using a fiat chinqy rad as its tiny but don't know if it will cool it enough.

Im racing somone else on the buggy forum to see who can finish first and im only just ahead at the moment, although he is only 14 and he has the summer off school so is going to rocket ahead :p

will update when i can guys :)

Jason :p

Mate, if hes 14 then hes half way through the summer already. His funds wont be shit hot like yours either!

The carbon parts sound really good, but the chinq rad powers a what.. 1.0? Good luck :)

Sooner its done the better :)

Mate, if hes 14 then hes half way through the summer already. His funds wont be shit hot like yours either!

The carbon parts sound really good, but the chinq rad powers a what.. 1.0? Good luck :)

Sooner its done the better :p

He may only be 14 but he has his own workshop with alot of tools and he recently spent over £1000 on parts so will be really getting on with it.

Chinq radiator is the perfect size and im hoping that it will be ok if i have some Spal fans attached to it. Plus the buggy engine bay is very OPEN so should cool ok. It would be ideal if i can get one in alloy but they just don't do them :p Been looking for ages for the correct size one but they just don't exist!!!! It may be a case that i have two chinqy rads??? Will confirm the situation Tomorrow after i speak to TGT :)

seats here yet bud?

No :unsure: Not happy!!!!! im off work now till Thursday next week so they will probably turn up while im off. Sounds good but they are being delivered to my work :p I need the seats so TGT can weld the supports and mountings in.

I did phone TGT and speak to one of the mechanics and it sounds like they haven't done anything to my buggy but i will confirm when im up there tomorrow. As im getting discount on hourly rate then mines not a priority, and to be honest there is no real deadline. It just upsets me as i really really want this thing built and able to drive it!

It just upsets me as i really really want this thing built and able to drive it!

Pay more then :unsure:

Quite looking forward to the seats arriving myself as the colour is sounding great! Roll on the progress pics :p ... Roll on the progress too..

Pay more then :p

Quite looking forward to the seats arriving myself as the colour is sounding great! Roll on the progress pics :p ... Roll on the progress too..

If people buy more dial sets i will have more money :p Im going to tell TGT that i want production to step up on this otherwise i may ship it back home as its pointless being sat there if they don't have the time. Its not their fault as i know how busy they get but no progress is being made. May get it moved back to my work so i can work on it weekends and on lunch breaks. I think they may need to get the engine in first though as i can't really move it till its all sitting correctly.

Will add pics tomorrow although i feel that they won't show anything new :unsure:

what a shitter mate

what do you need them to do to it that you cant do yourself then?

Need them to get the engine sat properly, most of the wiring (could do this myself but one of the guys at TGT is a electrical wizard so going to leave it to him) exhaust made and bits like that. Plus they are sponsoring me so only fair they do a large chunk of the work.

anyway here is the update you (and me) have been waiting for................

*** Update ***

I know updates on this slowed off for a little while but its all back on now as i really want this thing done.

Went up to TGT yesterday and spoke with James, he was welding the engine mounts in place when i turned up and hopefully engine will be in its final place in a few days. Meaning the next stage will be to get the custom drive shafts made up :p

Had a little talk and im going back to a front mounted radiator, best option really as there is limited room at the back, even though it has been extended. Battery will be getting moved to the rear and a fiat chinqy rad will be used up front as its PERFECT size and should easily be enough to cool it. Chinqy rad will be on order in the next few days.

On my way up to TGT yesterday i stopped of at a company called Xsport racing in basingstoke and had a little talk about some custom carbon/fibreglass parts.............watch this space :unsure:

While i was there i borrowed a fibreglass vent and checked the fitment on the buggy. Looks good and will help vent some air to the engine and the oil cooler at the rear.

I would have taken some pictures but my camera on my phone was playing up so didn't really have a chance. The second i get home it starts working again!!!! time for a new phone me thinks!

Also my new seats arrived, god they are sexual. Custom made in white as black wouldn't be very good in hot weather. These things are mega light, roughly 4.5kg per seat. Can easily be picked up with one finger. Didn't bother with the padding as im intending on making something later. They have mounting points already built into the floor so they just bolt straight in.

anyway, Will let the pictures do the talking........

5893_265412980472_587840472_8421039_1519717_n.jpg

5893_265412990472_587840472_8421040_4407380_n.jpg

5893_265412995472_587840472_8421041_2418202_n.jpg

5893_265413000472_587840472_8421042_208000_n.jpg

5893_265413010472_587840472_8421044_3520364_n.jpg

5893_265413015472_587840472_8421045_6086879_n.jpg

5893_265413025472_587840472_8421046_5261668_n.jpg

5893_265413040472_587840472_8421048_4551730_n.jpg

5893_265413035472_587840472_8421047_6274927_n.jpg

Comments always welcome guys.

Thanks for replies guys :)

Seats do look sweet and they are well comfy also, even though they have no padding :p Girlfriend looked at them and she wasn't impressed, she said they are going to be well uncomfy. She sat in them and soon changed her mind. They are sort of molded so that they give full support and are the perfect size. Im still going to need some sort of padding though as its going to be a harsh ride :thumbsup:

Im planning on making some padding though. There is a kit you can buy that consists of foam beads, a tub of resin and a heavy duty bag. You basically mix the resin and beads in the bag and then sit on it for 15 minutes while it sets and you have a fully customized pad. This is what they basically use in the single seater race cars :p

Jason ;)