• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really liking that colour, any idea where I can get it from, really interested in doing the cam cover in that for the Paseo :p

Not too sure about the colour mate, we have a powdercoating machine at work and just got some candy red powder through the door with it. I can always powdercoat a small piece and send it to you so you can get a colour match???

Kind of wish i did it in blue rather than red now, but i guess red is more evil :p

Jason :p

I like the sound of that, although where would I manage to find a powder coating company in my town :p Unless I could send up some spares and you do it in your own time and I give you the moneys?

I like the sound of that, although where would I manage to find a powder coating company in my town :p Unless I could send up some spares and you do it in your own time and I give you the moneys?

I can easily do it for you mate if you provide the parts and pay the £7.99 for the powder, can't gaurantee it will be 100%. Might be worth getting the parts acid bathed as well so they are nice and clean also.

Might be something to look into, though i havent got the facilities to acid bathe unfotunately.

Will get in touch sooner the time, but i do like the parts you have done so far :p

Might be something to look into, though i havent got the facilities to acid bathe unfotunately.

Will get in touch sooner the time, but i do like the parts you have done so far :p

There will be a place near you that will be able to acid bath the rocker cover for you. Other parts i can get sand blasted for you mate but can't do the rocer cover as its not a good idea mixing sand blasting with parts that come into contact with engine oil. Just in case some sand gets left somewhere...... :p

That would be somewhat eventful B) I'l look into it mate, thanks :p

:p Cool. No worries, im not in a rush so whenever you get the bits.........i have plenty to do :p

There will be a place near you that will be able to acid bath the rocker cover for you. Other parts i can get sand blasted for you mate but can't do the rocer cover as its not a good idea mixing sand blasting with parts that come into contact with engine oil. Just in case some sand gets left somewhere...... :D

the man makes sense, do not blast rocker covers! a lad at my work with blew his car up doing it.

Has to be 10 miles away from me doesn't it :D

Clicky

LOL. Been looking at that for the last few days. Still needs ALOT of work though, this is the guy that was developing this so i decided against going the motorbike engine route as one was already in production. Im pretty certain that it will be bought by someone on the freestyle forum as the Freestyle has now stopped production, so is rare as rocking horse poo!

I still think the 4EFTE route is best, but i would say that :D

Not long now and the 'Demon' is off to have the engine fitted :D:D

*** Update ***

Other day i managed to get the fully adjustable rear arms on the car with. Look loads better and now mean i have a greater amount of adjustment available, plus they are rose jointed so loads better than the original ones.

4183_214129330472_587840472_7072852_2484458_n.jpg

4183_214129340472_587840472_7072854_4379823_n.jpg

Well the buggy is now with ToyotaGT awaiiting fitment of the 4EFTE :(:)

While i was there i got the engine rebuilt, didn't bother cleaning up too many bits as paint/powdercoat will enevitablly get chipped etc when the engine is being fitted/moved etc.

Anyway here are a few more pictures..................

picking up the car

4183_214115010472_587840472_7072196_3845668_n.jpg

Turning up at ToyotaGT

4183_214115015472_587840472_7072197_1577308_n.jpg

Rebuilt engine with candy red bits

4183_214115020472_587840472_7072198_8088994_n.jpg

4183_214115025472_587840472_7072199_999354_n.jpg

The GT isn't scrapped yet so now the buggy is parked up next to it, soon there will only be 1 car here

4183_214115030472_587840472_7072200_5251264_n.jpg

4183_214115035472_587840472_7072201_1680244_n.jpg

Not really much i can do while the buggy is at ToyotaGT so im going to spend the next month or 2 reading through the IVA manual and working on a bit here and there. Will be up at ToyotaGT every other saturday seeing whats going on and helping out!

I have left them with a digital camera so hopefully they may take a few pictures as they get the engine in the car, as always i will keep you all updated :)

Jason :)

Well i dropped the 'Demon' off with TGT on saturday and this morning they called me back with some news.

The starlet engine doesn't fit in the mini subframe by a long way! :lol: Subframe needs to be another 6 inch's wider otherwise the engine will be sitting up far to high.

I have given them the go ahead to widen the rear of the buggy by 6 inch's and becasue of the extra width im lengthening the thing by 12 inch's or so. This should mean that the handling should be better also and help with space to mount the petrol tank. Also this means while i am changing this i will be shanging the suspension over to coilovers, rather than the rubbish mini rubber doughnut suspensoin.

I phoned them back at 11:30 this morning to see what they needed in terms of extra steel. Much to my surprise they told me that they have already cut the subframe in half, cut the rear off the buggy and they are now waiting on the me to order the steel.

I know they work pretty quick at TGT but this is crazy, they have only had the car a few days, and this is the first day back from the weekend. The car wasn't even officially booked in so i didn't think they would be doing any work until they have a chance to make some time.

If they continue at this rate the car will be on the road by the end of the week :p

Jason

ohh its getting there :harhar: i cant wait till this thing is finished:O

i think you should paint it the candy red your using on the engine parts it will look sweet

I like the candy red but not that much :harhar: Still uncertain of final colour but thinking of something 'off the shelf' so if it gets scratched etc its easy enough to touch it up. Mazda bright green is what im thinking at the moment but this may change.

On another note i have found out the weight the buggy would have been if kept the same size........ 520KG <_<

With my buggy getting extended im aiming for a final weight of 600KG. Then will be spending several years replacing parts for lighter materials.

Going for about 170 BHP so works out about roughly 283 BHP per Ton! Should do i guess :thumbsup:

Jason :D

*** Another Update ***

Can't believe this but i have just got an email from ToyotaGT.

They have just informed me that they have reached the previously agreed money that i am willing to spend this month. Although this sounds bad, its not! and im over the moon!

They have completely exceeded my expectations and have done what would have taken me 6 months to do in only 3 days!!!!!

They have cut the rear of the frame off and removed the rear subframe, this has been cut in half and rebuilt another 6 inch's wider and painted. They have done some welding that i asked them to do at the front of the buggy and have prep'd the frame ready for the extension. They are now waiting on the steel i ordered a few days ago to continue the build and are keen to get it back to a rolling chassis within the next week or so!

Im going up there on Saturday to pay what i owe so far and will take a few snaps while im there, can't wait for the weekend. Also going to talk with them about how i want the rear made up, i have a good idea that will incorporate some HUGE side intakes to vent air to the radiator/intercooler. :thumbsup:

Jason <_<

Ohh.. Mazda green is amazingly sexual. Your thinking the green from the Mazda 2 on the LV advert?

think its the same green, its this green.............

mazda2-1-big.jpg

Sort of 'Toxic Demon' :thumbsup:

Thats the one I'm on about, gorgeous colour. I would happily sit in the Snot Demon <_<

I'm still holding you to that ride at JAE though.

LOL i will take you for a blitz in the demon at JAE if its done, widening and lengthening the car has set me back a little. Time scale is still fine but money might be tight to finish before then............... we will see :thumbsup: