• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i wanna come see it too but 1) i dont know where you live and 2) its pretty damm far i bet your dawn sawth :D arent you lol

awesome update jase this one has got to be the best for months :lol: cant wait for it to all get put back together :)

p.s that catch tank is sexual :)

Thanks Guys, its starting to get there now.

Im trying to get it running in about 4-5 months with it road legal about 6 months from that. I can't see it being on the road before summer next year, this weather is driving me mad!!!! its perfect buggy driving weather but its just sat there in pieces.

Anyone is welcome to come and have a look if they want, its in Basingstoke, so yes.........down sauf :lol:

Your welcome to pop up any time you like after next weekend dude :lol: No point coming up next weekend as it will be in pieces most of the day, give it a few weeks and it should start coming together alot more :)

The next 3 weekends are manic for me at the moment , so prob 4 weeks time.

Love it when theres a good project thats not too far away.

The next 3 weekends are manic for me at the moment , so prob 4 weeks time.

Love it when theres a good project thats not too far away.

Will try and get some more done then so i have something to show ya :lol:

James is meant to be doing a opening day/event at some point so when i know details i will post them up but he's so busy at the moment it keeps getting put off. :)

*** She's Rolling ***

Been a busy old week really, as usual at the moment ;)

Took the nice MDF mould i made for the arch's and spent the evenings during the week fibreglassing up the first arch. I didn't know if the fibreglass would stick to the mdf or if the mould release would actually release the arch. Took a gamble and it paid off. Came out pretty easily to be honest and the second arch is currently in the mould awaiting its final layers. I have used 2 layers of woven fibreglass and 3 layers of CSM so the arch's are really thick!!!! They are about 4-5mm thick so i can get away with having no edging trim and just round the edges over. Im going to try and see if i can support them just at the side also and not have any metal under the arch. This means i can get them closer to the tyre, aiming for a 15mm space between arch and tyre ;)

in the mould.........

DSC01241.jpg

taken out.......

DSC01242.jpg

and trimmed down, the template shows the smallest arch legally possible and i am just over the limit, you can see how thick the fibreglass is........

DSC01245.jpg

DSC01246.jpg

Here is what the arch's i bought before look like on the wheel, you can see that they don't follow the wheel radius well and they are quite big in size.....

DSC01248.jpg

and my design, follows wheel radius perfectly and is tiny in size :p

DSC01247.jpg

I think these arch's will look great when they are properly on!

Whoop Whoop! Well got up to TGT yesterday morning at 9am and got things rolling, literally, yep thats right she's back to a rolling chassis :p

Spent the day getting the rear frame welded up to the main chassis and its all there. When i had arrived James had already got the bottom welded up but we just needed to sort out the topmounts. Sleeved the downtubes and got the new topmount plates in place.

DSC01249.jpg

DSC01250.jpg

and welded up.......

DSC01251.jpg

the gaps are getting filled with metal/weld and then ground flush so the topmounts and light brackets sort of blend into one another........

DSC01252.jpg

Rear engine mount has been removed also as the location will have changed with the work and new one will be going on shortly.

Also managed to knock up the seat bars, these will get welded to the bars that are along the floor.

DSC01253.jpg

I have also got a few things on order, the laser cut pieces for the fuel cell have been ordered and should be here tuesday. As well as some rather nice Green TRS harnesses and a knock off HKS SSQV BOV. Yes its a knock off but if its really that bad i will buy a proper one and swap the internals over so it looks all new and shiney. Will give me the chance to weld the adaptor to the pipework and mock things up.

I owe James for 2 full days labour but if my budget can stretch to it this month im aiming to get the suspension brackets on, cambelt change and new Cam pulley installed, and the engine and gearbox going back in the chassis...............fingers crossed.

Next jobs are to start working out the fuel cell. I have a fuel pump form a starbo, it is missing a few bits but its mostly there! as always i will keep the updates rolling.

Jason :D

wow.....just wow

its really coming together now jase and starting to look a little near to completion again

good work jase the arches look awesome ;)

Thanks Steve ;) I am really cracking down on this now and just getting on with it as much as possible. I have a few parts that need sorting but give it a few weeks and the engine will be in and i will be looking at getting it connected up and driveshafts made :p

WOW shes coming along mate ;)

Where did you get the TRS harnesses from in the end? Im getting a Takata friday but might settle for a TRS for the passenger ;)

WOW shes coming along mate :p

Where did you get the TRS harnesses from in the end? Im getting a Takata friday but might settle for a TRS for the passenger ;)

i really cannot wait for that ;)

WOW shes coming along mate :p

Thanks mate, she's getting there. ;)

Got them from a guy on ebay, they are the shorter ones i said about before. Don't think they will be any good for you as they bolt in just behind the seat, so you would need a harness bar to fit them.

harnesses should look awesome you still going with the green theme jase?

Yes, frame is going black now though and powdercoated rather than painted as its easier to do. Been told it will cost alot more to paint as its a real difficult shape to do. Powder coat is electrically charged so should be easier. Will have green Harnesses, nosecone, arch's and also thinking about getting the minilites done in green with polished lip ;)

Im going out of my mind!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Just went round to see the Girlfriend, im currently driving her Yaris 1.0 litre. On the way round there i had a R8 up my ass most of the way until he got a clear road and then was off like a rocket past me!

I NEED THIS THING BUILT!!!!!!!!!!!!

AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH

Was going to concentrate on spending the coming months budget on labour and not buy any parts but FUCK IT! Im going to up the budget for the next few months so i can get parts and pay for labour as well. I so need this thing on the road, its driving me nuts! Driving the girlfriends yaris doesn't help either as its so slow! Although it does keep me motivated to get this thing done more i guess.

More updates coming next weekend, Hopefully big news :p

Jason :D

well, its a small update but an update none the less.

Got a call from James @ TGT this morning. Chassis is now pretty much there and someone has also looked at doing my cambelt change and adjustable cam pulley. Turns out my crank seal is shot so they have ordered a new one and should be delivered tomorrow. So new cambelt, tensioners and adjustable pulley will be fitted tomorrow.

Also been lookig at te fuel system in detail. Have some idea's for this and hopefully they work out ok??? Also had a problem with the fuel sender i wanted to use but it seems after hours of research i may have found a way around that hopefuly.

and im still waiting on parts :) Harnesses, Gaskets, Laser cut fuel cell parts, fuel sender, dowty seals, bolts and HKS ssqv. Don't these people know i need my weekly product fix!!!!! :p

This weekends update may be a little short as im busy this weekend with other things but hopefully next weekend will be a bit more juicy :D

Jason

Mate I am the same, soooo impatient and knowing theres a beast in the making just makes you think just you wait you wankers :):p haha

Might have to make a harness bar then, the list gets longer :pB)

May as well update now as im not planning on doing anything much on the Beast this weekend, going to just spend the weekend chillin out with the misses. :p I think this has come along quite well now so going to have a few days off, but don't worry guys come monday morning at 7:00am i will be back on it B)

started to modify the fuel filler cap. I would have loved to of just left it as is but under IVA regs it must lock the key in position or be tethered to the tank. Checked the cap and the key can still be removed when the cap is off the main unit so my only option is to have it tethered to the tank. So its getting modified, won't be too bad hopefully........

DSC01265.jpg

Then finally my fuel sender arrived on Thursday. Its a 180-0 Ohm unit and the gauge i have reads 100-0 Ohm so the tank will read full until its about 60% remaining then will read right down to empty. The important part is that at full tank the gauge will read FULL and at empty it will read EMPTY.

DSC01266.jpg

I like this fuel sender as its more compact and doesn't have a huge swinging float like some others do.

Then got the flanges for the back box drilled, i have 2 of these as im making 2 exhaust systems. I have most of the parts for this now so when the fuel cell is getting welded i will get James to switch over to Stainless and knock up the exhaust.

DSC01267.jpg

Then this parts for Sparky...................................

DSC01268.jpg

DSC01269.jpg

Don't really need words do they? :) God i love them, im going to pop up to TGT tomorrow to double check they fit but im 95% sure they will. Will get a few pics of them drapped over the sexy white seats.

Finally got hold of the laser cutting company and they lost my address, hence why my parts have not arrived yet :p but they have promised me they are going out today so should have them monday/tuesday and i can begin making the fuel sell, from scratch.

Im also planning on having a steel box welded in in the rear compartment. I have room for one just to the side of the fuel cell. This will be big enough to hold a helmet and steering wheel (when i eventually convert it to a removable type). Will be lockable also...........flippin chav's!

Hopefully next weekend i will be up at TGT really cracking on with it again. B)

Jason B)

have your weekend off then do twice as much next weekend :) really awesome work there jase its getting better every week cant wait to see them harnesses on them awesome seats :p

have your weekend off then do twice as much next weekend :) really awesome work there jase its getting better every week cant wait to see them harnesses on them awesome seats :p

Thats sort of the plan :p You will have noticed that the last 3-4 weeks of updates have been pretty good and the work output has increased. Thats because im back at work and now have all the tools i need in one place. Im doing less work on the buggy than when i was off work but because i have all the proper tools i can get so much more done B)

Ahhh you need the 3" TRS's with the aero buckle quick release :thumbsup:

Never the less will look mint against the seats :thumbsup:

Did want the aero buckle Sparks but they don't have a 2.5mm radius on the edges of the aero mech so i would of had to file them down slightly. Hence would have fucked them up. These will pass IVA and to be honest are a lot easier to take off and put on!